spell totem kills merveil quest not register as complete

"
Drystion wrote:
This happened to me once on my BurnTemplar. I thought it might have been my fireball totem finishing off merv with burn damage, but I wasn't sure. Sometimes in groups the quest item wont drop for some people, its very rare, but it happens. I re ran the instance and had no problem the second time. Id test more, but you have to kill her for the first time to test quest progress. That would take... a while.

but i wasnt in group i was solo and only using critical weakness curse and elementral weakness curese and ice spear totem that all,

and merviel doesn't suppose to drop any quest item (if i recall currutly )
this just happened to me at merveil - i am using a fireball spell totem and i believe the splash damage from a fireball hitting a summoned minion took the last hit on merveil, which did not complete the quest for me.
Killed Piety yesterday on normal difficulty and had the same issue with a totem kill - got the quest item drop but not credit for killing her so I could not complete the quest. Was in a group using flame totem along with another Templar also using flame totem who had the same issue I did. Neither of us had the dual totem talent at that point so we each had up one flame totem at the time of the kill. This worries me also; as I have the dual totem talent and am worried I wont be able to do bosses by myself.
Same for me, spark with +lightning damage and spell totem, got drops but quest didn't complete and door didn't open.

Oh I posted a bug report about this a couple days ago, I had the same thing happen with Brutus and an Explosive Arrow totem so there's delayed/duration fuse damage and degen involved AND I've got culling strike linked in as well if that helps any.

Unfortunately I've killed Merciless Brutus 3x solo with my explosive arrow build and have not gotten credit for it once and cannot continue.

My bug report is at: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/162911

I assumed my quest line was broken but I'll try kill him again without the totem (which is going to be incredibly difficult with my build) and post results.
OK I killed brutus a 4th time this time just using elemental hit to finish him and got credit for the quest.

It's definitely something to do with the totems getting the killing blow that causes this issue.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info