spell totem kills merveil quest not register as complete

so on the merciless difficulty, i was using spell totem to kill merveil
(because it had item rarity gem )
after killing her i got the loot but the quest didnt register as complete and i need to kill her again :(
"
lichkingrg wrote:
so on the merciless difficulty, i was using spell totem to kill merveil
(because it had item rarity gem )
after killing her i got the loot but the quest didnt register as complete and i need to kill her again :(

This worries me because in open beta I plan to use dual totems with traps and/or mines I hope everything works with these skills like magic find / quantity and quest kills.

Anyone has some facts on this?
I can tell you for a fact that it's an issue in the current Closed Beta release?
We should be getting the patch notes today or maybe tomorrow (timezones, delays, the likes), so I'd keep my eyes out for those.
What spells were you using? was burning or other degen involved? There have been very, very few reports of this sort of thing, and we cannot reproduce it locally - totem kills work correctly the vast majority of the time, so we need all the info we can get to be able to work out what prevents them from working in these rare cases.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
What spells were you using? was burning or other degen involved? There have been very, very few reports of this sort of thing, and we cannot reproduce it locally - totem kills work correctly the vast majority of the time, so we need all the info we can get to be able to work out what prevents them from working in these rare cases.

I had such issue once with spark-fork totem.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

What if for example projectiles that fork/chain lose the caster identity or something? So for example, you use spork totems, and a forked spark kills the boss, no credit, but a direct hit by a spark before it forked would? Something like that.

I've heard of people complaining about this every now and then during beta, haven't experienced it myself but even when I used dual totems I was still casting spells anyway.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

i was using "ice spear + spell totem + item rarity" that all
before that i was hitting her with freezing pulse and then let the spell totem kill her

after i killed her i got the loot but the quest wasnt finished and the door to act 2 was closed
When playing the race, I remember as a summoner witch I had to repeat one quest because the enemie died, but the weaver didn't drop their thing. Can't remember how he died.

I used firestorm probable, with totem skeletons and zombies, from the distance, trying to avoid their flicker attacks.
IGN: Gonorreitor
Happened to me on Val once while using Spork and minions. Of course I was dead when he died so maybe that was the issue as I technically wasn't there during the death.

Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
This happened to me once on my BurnTemplar. I thought it might have been my fireball totem finishing off merv with burn damage, but I wasn't sure. Sometimes in groups the quest item wont drop for some people, its very rare, but it happens. I re ran the instance and had no problem the second time. Id test more, but you have to kill her for the first time to test quest progress. That would take... a while.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info