The one thing that completely ruins my gaming experience with PoE

As long as he does advertise the game it's all fine.

No one likes fanboys, but we can't do much about 'em. Deal with it.
Because life is short, you shall make rains of all sort - Amarena, the Iron Man
-
My IRON MAN witch build video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJOUcu0ioL4
-
Do you want your witch wearing PANTS? check
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/19769
"
arpgfan wrote:

Actually as I said in my OP, a large chunk of people have already agreed with me.

Where are this chunk?
No one in this thread seem to agree with your point of view?

Its you.

And there's the rest of us thats happy there is an active community with people that does good work getting people to play PoE
Ingame @Hammarturken
i assume OP is just trolling to get a rise out of kripp fanboys trying to defend him. but if you aren't your argument makes no sense people such as kripp exist in every part of life. if you are succesful at something and get large publicity you tend to gain a following of fans. if you are not a fan or just don't care you can just ignore it and not take part. but to argue that kripp or even his fans are hurting poe is outrageous.
Last edited by Tiergear100 on Jan 20, 2013, 1:40:08 PM
"
arpgfan wrote:
I don't see a better forum to make this kind of suggestion, and I know some people may not like hearing this, but a large chunk of people will agree with me that this will make the experience of playing PoE better.

Grinding Gear Games has to discourage any one player getting tons of attention from the community. With this being the kind of game it is, I'm sure many people already play it because they want to feel powerful, or because they enjoy accomplishing things not possible in the real world.

And yes, I'm talking about Kripp. It's as bad as teenagers gossiping about their favorite celebrities and just as annoying. I honestly have no major complaints about the game itself but I feel like one day I'll walk away from it because everyone will be mindless kripp worshiping zombies.

Don't get me wrong though, I have nothing against Kripp, but I'm disgusted and even outraged at how many people glorify him and his actions as if no one else is capable of doing anything like it.

This is my suggestion, and I hope more people support it than not because I honestly believe this would be a better place if it was considered by GGG.

Welcome to the internet.
Streamers receiving a lot of attention from fanboys is really nothing new. Kripp has been a great supporter of the game and I honestly have no idea how seeing his name from time to time is "completely ruining" your experience in PoE.
"
DaMightyTom wrote:
"
arpgfan wrote:

Actually as I said in my OP, a large chunk of people have already agreed with me.

Where are this chunk?
No one in this thread seem to agree with your point of view?

Its you.

And there's the rest of us thats happy there is an active community with people that does good work getting people to play PoE

These people agreed with me, in some way or another.

- SirSid
- RottenSausage
- Bison69 (or so it seems he would agree that kripp shouldnt be glorified)

And a lot of people posting are either just trolling or trying to insult me.
the fact this thread went 5 pages in half an hour should be a indication that things like this are hear to stay.
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.

[/quote]

Actually as I said in my OP, a large chunk of people have already agreed with me.[/quote]

Then where are all these people, they arnt posting on this thread that's for sure isnt it. Seriously, go and have a think about your own life if you think that someone who is known in a game you play 'ruins' your gaming experience. Frankly, the PoE community as a whole would be better off without your type of person.

Describing these things and claiming you are doing it with all these people who support what you are saying and yet not providing one single example or instance of someone supporting your views from a reputable source.

See how things work in the real adult world. You can only claim numbers and statistics with evidence to back them up. Unless you can provide such evidence then your claims are a meaningless facet of your own warped view on trivial situations.

Also, to describe people talking about Kripp as cancer. Seriously, cancer rips peoples lives apart, tears familys to shreads and leaves a large number of good and decent people in this world dead and dying. Is your own invented problem with Kripp talk really like cancer? Really?
I stream daily at twitch.tv/CellTank
"
arpgfan wrote:

These people agreed with me, in some way or another.

- SirSid
- RottenSausage
- Bison69 (or so it seems he would agree that kripp shouldnt be glorified)

3 people in a 6 page thread is hardly a good chunk. And I don't see anyone trying to directly insult you.
All the things I want to remember are in the places I'd like to forget.
"
arpgfan wrote:

So 3 people in a 5 page thread.
And the only one that actually glorifies Kripp seem to be you. The rest of us just acknowledging that he is good for the community.
Ingame @Hammarturken
Concerning OP's post (not interested in the responses right now):

I think Kripp's popularity was all based on luck. Think about it, he had alpha access and was determined enough to stream footage of it. Not many others were and because of it, he got his chance to obtain fame.

Don't get me wrong, I could care less about him as you do, I'm just providing a little input to your OP.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info