Lol @ orchard boss

Anyone else die to this guy?

Just lost a level 71 scion with 75% fire resist and 4350 life, got killed in one shot. (I know everyone says they died in one shot, and usually they were already low, but I was literally 100% life to zero in one shot)

I know he has far shot, and I was only about 2/3 of a screen away, but you can't exactly kite the two other rares in the room, while staying constantly in melee range.

Anything I could have done? Other than somehow having a perma-fire resist flask up?

Edit - I should add that there were zero map mods increasing his damage, this was >17400 damage (before mitigation) from a regular attack.

Last edited by FacetiousTomato on Dec 8, 2013, 1:45:11 PM
My experience with this boss is to just skip him, as he just got too much of a burst.
Read somewhere that he had about 3k burst when he emerges from the ground.

Also, I think half his damage is physical(?) might be wrong though. I've killed the boss once, almost dying a couple of times, been skipping the boss and/or the whole map ever since as its just not worth the risk.
I've heard people claim the devourer fireball damage is entirely physical. I guess the best way to test it is to have him crit you and see if you get burned.
Clear the area outside the door to the boss's area, then go in the door. Then when he comes out, go back through the door and run around a bit. Eventually he'll pop out where you are, where it's a lot easier to handle him without all the other mobs.

I found out he'll follow you because my first time, I freaked out and went out of the room to recover life... and he came out of the ground right on me. Almost gave me a heart attack. lol
Last edited by Lord_Kamster on Dec 8, 2013, 4:14:52 PM
He's a horseshit poorly balanced boss that doesnt belong anywhere near a 66 map.

Of course, part of that is just representative of how poorly balanced devourers are in general.

TLDR: Turn in your orchid maps for sewers.
you can get a level 67 map from 3 orchard 66 maps at the trader. when i killed dominus i got
i'm glad i didn't run it immediately.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Ive never had a problem with him by pulling the mobs first then circle strafing him while i hit and run, just wait till you see the museum bosses that are near impossible without good chaos resist and can still be quite be tricky depending on the pull and having no room to manuever, the torture chamber is hands down the most ridiculous one ive faced yet and id rather fight triple orchard boss than ever do torture chamber boss again, that fight is down right retarded.
I've had issues with Devourers desyncing too. Here's my Duelist on the Orchard boss!

http://www.twitch.tv/carpola/c/3293446
http://twitch.tv/carpola - Check me out!
"
Anyone else die to this guy?

Just lost a level 71 scion with 75% fire resist and 4350 life, got killed in one shot. (I know everyone says they died in one shot, and usually they were already low, but I was literally 100% life to zero in one shot)

I know he has far shot, and I was only about 2/3 of a screen away, but you can't exactly kite the two other rares in the room, while staying constantly in melee range.

Anything I could have done? Other than somehow having a perma-fire resist flask up?

Edit - I should add that there were zero map mods increasing his damage, this was >17400 damage (before mitigation) from a regular attack.

Can i just ask: What does the far shot modifier do? Longer range?
luckily the window where 66s are so small its not even an issue.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info