Cyclone+Multistrike+Quicksilver flask = desyncdeath2000

"
dudiobugtron wrote:
Yes, desync is a problem.
No, it will never be fixed.
Yes, GGG knows about it.
No, they will never make design compromises to work around it.
Yes, this means you as the player need to work around it.
No, you can't use those desync skills effectively as a result.

Besides my opinion, are there official statement about "it will never be fixed" ?
Cause I find it hard to discriminate between opinions and facts sometimes.
I mean.. if it's true that is a budget problem, it could be said "it's scheduled for whenever we'll reach xxx $ of incomes".
But it seems strange to me that GGG chooses to totally ignore the problem.

Now I'll go shopping to reach the xxx $'s goal ;)
IGN: Phoneutrial (main) - Insydious - HuRyuMonJi - Cercasalsicce - Hyeronimous
"
Natharias wrote:
First, let me clarify to you what "game breaking" means. It simply means "you cannot, or nobody can, play the game because of ___".

It can be referred to as "game breaking", "game killing", and so forth.

Diablo II never had any "game breaking" qualities at any point in time. Otherwise it would've died.

Path of Exile doesn't have any either, especially since players like myself still purchase packs to show our desire to GGG to keep working on their game. Desync is a problem, yes. But it is far from "game breaking".

What I meant by game breaking was not that the game was totally broken, but that it's a problem that affects nearly every aspect of the game that makes the game 'feel' broken. You can play a game with game breaking bugs though. For example, since we are using D2, duping was game breaking because it destroyed the economy. I don't really want to argue about this as we basically agree. It's just a war on semantics at this point I think.

Desync is still a huge problem that needs to be fixed and I'll just leave it like I said - to me it feels game breaking.
I'm so glad I am not the only one with this issue, but sad it is more of an issue than my internet connection. I have a shadow I've been messing around with for some time and when the new release came out I never got a chance to re-roll my stats and "rebuild". I started out as bow class, then went an entirely different direction with a Dual Wield setup once I allocated all my skill points again.

Found Cyclone+LOH was amazing to stay alive. I had a 5L chest and decided to up the skill to Cyclone+LOH+MeleeDamage+IncreaseFireDamage+MULTISTRIKE. I have never had an issue with desync on any other skill/player. Once I added multistrike it was really bad. The sad thing is I used this with flicker strike which I had at 2600DPS at .12 APS,(level 49) then the new patch came out and dropped me to 372DPS.. not sure if my skill was showing wrong but it was doing substantially less damage so I moved onto cyclone due to the damage increase I got not to mention the ability to stay alive much easier.

I seriously figured this was my own issue caused by my network. Latency spikes all over the place were now a new and common thing. I then decided it was due to patch 1.0.2b as this was when I started to really use the skill. Once patch 1.0.2c came out and no fix I was getting frustrated.

I've checked the forums to see if there were any other people with the same issue and found nothing until this thread. I love the multistrike support due to the increased efficiency with Mana on my build, but the desync issues have made the play-ability less than enjoyable.

I'll have to try other options with it, I will miss face rolling mobs without seeing my life pool budge.

Back to the drawing board.
This is a great sig.
Scratch that - Taking Multistrike out kills my build. {hangs head} urgh, new skill to work on I guess.
This is a great sig.
"
Ripken wrote:
Scratch that - Taking Multistrike out kills my build. {hangs head} urgh, new skill to work on I guess.

Rip, try faster attacks instead of multistrike. I used multistrike all day until this thread and decided to try faster attacks. It is a lot better all around. A bit less damage but you can hold down your cyclone attack button and it pretty much feels the same as multistrike except for no desync and you can stop the ability whenever you wanting feeling more in control of it. I also use blood magic for my build. I hate spamming mana pots or trying to find a mana leech. I am currently running cyclone with faster attacks, melee damage and life leech at lvl 65 with decent gear. It does app. 7k dps.

My current skill tree (note that this is an unarmed build):

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAdwB5wUtEtkS4RQgFHEZLho-G0Ub-iECJbwl3ykuKaUq9jGeNZI26DqzQKBBqkZpR35KfUrITeNOKlBHVbVXDVivW69gS2EhZU1nm2egapNuaW6qdO14DXrve4yE2YTvh3aOv5AKmSueuZ7NpBmmV6cwqW6rxbXytkG53b2Bvoq-p8APwQTKkNIh0k3Uj9Xt2WHdDd-_4urvDvIv9778xf6P
Last edited by yunii on Dec 7, 2013, 10:21:21 PM
Giving it a shot. I've found that I can mitigate some of the desync by being a bit more strategic with my mouse placement to set my path. I find that holding shift more to do the action helps. Larger mobs are what cause the most problems and battling in Narrow areas with obstacles really trip the server side out. So having a better strategy to whittle down the larger mobs helps, just sucks with life leach and LOH to no be able to just go willy nilly into a huge mob due to possible desync. Getting hit all at once when you think you are hitting hurts.

Ill let you know how the faster attacks help my build. I will even give blood magic a try to see if the helps more with my skill efficiency.

Thanks for the feedback yunii!
This is a great sig.
Last edited by Ripken on Dec 20, 2013, 12:19:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info