Cyclone+Multistrike+Quicksilver flask = desyncdeath2000

Your problem isnt desync, its Multistrike. That gem causes you to attack 3 times, with the second and third targets chosen by the game. A skill like cyclone, that goes on for a distance and direction seemingly chosen at random will cause you to lose all control of your character for what could be a long time and distance.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Dec 5, 2013, 2:52:54 PM
"
mark1030 wrote:
Your problem isnt desync, its Multistrike. That gem causes you to attack 3 times, with the second and third targets chosen by the game. A skill like cyclone, that goes on for a distance and direction seemingly chosen at random will cause you to lose all control of your character for what could be a long time and distance.

^^THIS^^

Cyclone does enough hits per skill activation that there is no need to use Multi-Strike with it. Cyclone performs best when used as a MOVEMENT from point A to B with mobs between the points that take the attacks you make while MOVING. It is not an attack that makes you move, it is a movement that contains an attack component.

Targeting mobs on your client to attack them makes you subject to more possible desynch with Cyclone than with other skills, especially if the target is more than one or two steps away, because there is every chance in the world that the target was not sync'd properly at the time you activated the skill. Some of this has to do with the movement speed reduction inherent to the skill.

There are better supports for Cyclone than Multi-strike, I would recommend you try them. (Faster Attacks + Melee Physical (if phys damage build) + Life on Hit with even 2% mana leech on physical from items and a decent amount of base physical damage makes a very viable 4L Cyclone with good survival)

In this thread: Player makes choices that guarantee client/server synch issues and then blames developers for his decision.
"
Sinnesteuer wrote:
In this thread: Player makes choices that guarantee client/server synch issues and then blames developers for his decision.

Even so the players should be able to use multistrike+cyclone without worrying about desync. Not our fault they have a game engine that cannot handle certain mechanics. They designed it - they can and should fix it. They risk a lot not fixing it because it is a major problem that can affect every aspect of the game.

Work-arounds often suck but it is a better idea for now to use faster attacks with cyclone. I agree with you there.
Yes, desync is a problem.
No, it will never be fixed.
Yes, GGG knows about it.
No, they will never make design compromises to work around it.
Yes, this means you as the player need to work around it.
No, you can't use those desync skills effectively as a result.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
Yes, GGG knows about it.
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
Yes, GGG knows about it.

That's too bad. Imho, it makes creating your own game engine pointless if you can't fix your own problems with how many millions worth in contributions? Not that the game is unplayable. It's one of the funnest games I've seen in a while that has a real depth. It is still a game breaking problem. One that should make every single game tester pull their hair out in frustration.
"
yunii wrote:
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
Yes, GGG knows about it.

That's too bad. Imho, it makes creating your own game engine pointless if you can't fix your own problems with how many millions worth in contributions? Not that the game is unplayable. It's one of the funnest games I've seen in a while that has a real depth. It is still a game breaking problem. One that should make every single game tester pull their hair out in frustration.

It can't be the "funnest" game if it has "game breaking" or "game killing" qualities.
"
Natharias wrote:
It can't be the "funnest" game if it has "game breaking" or "game killing" qualities.

How come? It is very similar to D2 which was the most fun arpg of its time. And desync is game breaking. I don't get your point why you think a fun game can't have a game breaking bug. I'm just saying it's not something they can't keep ignoring.

Edit: besides that, it's matter of opinion whether i think it 'funnest' or not. Desync being game breaking is not opinion.
Last edited by yunii on Dec 5, 2013, 10:41:02 PM
"
yunii wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:

How come? It is very similar to D2 which was the most fun arpg of its time. And desync is game breaking. I don't get your point why you think a fun game can't have a game breaking bug. I'm just saying it's not something they can't keep ignoring.

Edit: besides that, it's matter of opinion whether i think it 'funnest' or not. Desync being game breaking is not opinion.

First, let me clarify to you what "game breaking" means. It simply means "you cannot, or nobody can, play the game because of ___".

It can be referred to as "game breaking", "game killing", and so forth.

Diablo II never had any "game breaking" qualities at any point in time. Otherwise it would've died.

Path of Exile doesn't have any either, especially since players like myself still purchase packs to show our desire to GGG to keep working on their game. Desync is a problem, yes. But it is far from "game breaking".
"
Natharias wrote:

Diablo II never had any "game breaking" qualities at any point in time. Otherwise it would've died.

Oh, it did have some fairly serious bugs, like that 'one point in weapon mastery - 100% deadly strike' or 'concentration & blessed hammer', or damage enhancements not working on bows, or corpse eaters eating your mercenary with all his items, or losing all your equipped items if you pick up your corpse with a full inventory, or that some base items could never drop. And most of these were around for a LONG time until bliz would finally do something about it.

If you look at it in hidsight, Diablo 1 and 2 were terribly buggy games despite all their apparent simplicity, but, you know, standards were lower back then.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info