When are following issues being fixed? 1 Player HP in Party races and Critrolling

I think I should contribute my 2cents towards this hot topic aswell. IMHO party tagging bosses to 1player hp is legit and exotic strategy, it shows that you are seasoned veteran that can come up with rather uncommon, yet very useful ways to take down enemies that would otherwise be precious timesinks in racing environment. Eventhough I race solo (on party races too) I'd love to tag some bosses one day; just for the sake of it.
Last edited by janimauk on Dec 5, 2013, 6:32:19 AM
"
cobaIt wrote:
I suppose it can be difficult for new players who don't know all the tricks of the trade, but there are plenty of top racers who stream, making that sort of information easily available. New players don't know all the vendor recipes either, but I don't think anyone would argue that all recipes should be removed, or disabled for races. Is it bad that knowledge of the game gives you an advantage?

I don't think that's the issue at all. Parties races are just a mess! You can look at the party race results and there are solo players that still make the top ranks, I see SLUG_solos up there a lot. The trick of tagging bosses has been known for ages, yet it's still only being exploited by streamers judging by the ability of solo racers to get so high in the ranks and the inability of different names to reach the tops than the same faces who are also good at solo. So the skill that it tests is not differentiating between good players and bad players, it's just amplifying the gap.

At a certain point, you have to ask what these things are adding to the competition. I think they are subtracting from the competition. It's just pushing the top further away from the pack. You could say that's an indicator of skill, but there's a difference between skills that differentiate between good and bad players, and skills that amplify that gap. Tagging bosses is not something that differentiates players by skill.
The only reason solo people get top20 in party races is because there's 1,5 parties playing them (that's top 6-10 spots in the event ladder). Had there been 4 full parties playing party races, a solo player would have never got a top20 result.
http://www.twitch.tv/comewithus

Posted by Chris on February 4, 2014 1:51 AM
"When we mass-ban people for running these tools, don't say you weren't warned :P"
Abusers seem to defend the method.

Ok let's start this way:

First off on the top rankings there are only like 3 full parties of 6 players.
You can clearly see on the experience gaps that other parties have got 3-4 players, so you already get a huge advance at splitting up in Act2.

The Best example are Party CTs. How often you meet a party of six in the Top 25 or now Top 50?

"
I don't think it is an exploit because there is a tradeoff between time and loot.

You seem to forget 1.0.0 changed Quantity into Rarity! Using 2 gold rings already imitates a second player.

Racing against other parties is only a semivalid argument. In fact there are 2-3 parties at best abusing this exploit.
You can clearly see that the difference in experience in other parties is much smaller.

"
I suppose it can be difficult for new players who don't know all the tricks of the trade, but there are plenty of top racers who stream, making that sort of information easily available. New players don't know all the vendor recipes either, but I don't think anyone would argue that all recipes should be removed, or disabled for races. Is it bad that knowledge of the game gives you an advantage?

You assume every player watches streams which isn't the case.
Vendor receipes are intended and there are some vendor receipes mainly for racing such as Aug+QS+Boots->Ms boots

You claim it's knowledge but what would have happened if the Cold To Fire Added Cold conversion bug didn't became public and it got abused in every 2,5h+ race?

Would it also be "knowledge" having several billion damage? The players reporting that bug didn't race but if this bug would still exist and a racer would exploit it. Major racers would go nuts if somebody knew such an exploit and would abuse it.

"
You can look at the party race results and there are solo players that still make the top ranks, I see SLUG_solos up there a lot.

The issue are party coordinations.
Get some players stay in town/stuck behind you and your merv/brutus time is already worse than solo. Such party play will never get a good ranking in 60-90 min party races.
You have 2 racer parties then some smaller parties 2-4 players and then good solo players.

Other full parties aren't coordinated parties(they are rather public) a good solo racer will pretty much end up in the Top 50 anyway in a party race.
And in Public parties you have to deal with players using a driftwood club after merveil bragging for "Permanent allocation" and stash all the currency.

It's not like there aren't more good racers but rewards/shedule/mode just sucks for them.
Some good racers do only like 2-3 races a season.

"
Hilbert wrote:

It's not like there aren't more good racers but rewards/shedule/mode just sucks for them.
Some good racers do only like 2-3 races a season.

Show us even one example of this.

I'll bet you a month of no postings on these forums that you can't.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
http://exilestats.com/event.php?id=628

Look at the Group of 5 with barely any trophies.(possibly the 6th died)

But there are also others. They reached docks about 15min later and one reason could be not tagging a single boss.

"
Hilbert wrote:
Racing against other parties is only a semivalid argument. In fact there are 2-3 parties at best abusing this exploit.

But if the party number 4+ would want to get any better, they should look into what the top parties are doing differently, and, since those parties tend to have at least one streamer, they would realise that mob tagging can help.

Question: When a six player group splits up in act 2 (or anywhere else for that matter), what gives the biggest times advantage? The running and waypoints and ability to tp in, OR the fact that the boss has 1 player HP?
Last edited by Hassefar60 on Dec 5, 2013, 12:53:44 PM
Having runners for different places gives the biggest advantage, tagging helps but is not always applied:
1) Fidelitas. Either the runner can kill it solo and we just grab the gem, or the runner can't and then it's pure chaos in killing it because 90% of the time only the runner has topaz rings.
2) Weaver. Tagged on 5 player health, so not much of a difference here.
3) Alira. Tagged depending on situation, tagging to 1 player HP gives ~10-20 sec (depends on group's single target damage).
4) Kraityn. Always tagged, again saves ~10-20 sec.
5) Vaal. Always tagged, saves up to 30-40 sec.
http://www.twitch.tv/comewithus

Posted by Chris on February 4, 2014 1:51 AM
"When we mass-ban people for running these tools, don't say you weren't warned :P"
Last edited by cwu on Dec 5, 2013, 2:00:43 PM
Nice reply. It looks like significant savings but still lower than the savings from not having to run to each quest.
Last edited by Hassefar60 on Dec 5, 2013, 2:40:03 PM
"
Hilbert wrote:
http://exilestats.com/event.php?id=628

Look at the Group of 5 with barely any trophies.(possibly the 6th died)

But there are also others. They reached docks about 15min later and one reason could be not tagging a single boss.

Are you talking about the group that hit 28 in 2 hours? You realize that there were several solo players ahead of that group. Not to take anything away from them, but they are not even close to as good as the top group and boss tagging has nothing to do with it.

And by the way I know for a fact that Lucent knows about boss tagging because I did a few party races with him in the past and we tagged every boss, so cut the bullshit Hilbert.

I'm assuming you are talking about sexyrob, lucent, swarox and johnyprox correct? I know every single one of these guys and they all know about boss tagging.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info