15.38 Attacks per Second

"
Well.. I don't really and It's something I'm still trying to figure out how to do better. Right now I'm running Haste, Grace, and Anger which leaves me with about 40 mana. I have mana regen of 10.7 per second. So.. every 2 Seconds my character uses Frenzy if I just hold down the skill button. That means I'm not actually attacking at 11 ApS because in order to do that I have to use Frenzy non stop. I can do that if I remove the Anger Aura, that gives me 109 mana to use. Then if I use a Mana Flask while attacking I can sustain the 11 ApS for the duration of the flask. That causes a ton more desync though. Maybe dragonbite has some tips for Mana management since he also had the same attack speed.

My build can actually gain a ton more attack speed if I went full speed nodes. But.. I've taken a lot of Life and Evasion nodes because I knew I'd be doing this solo for the most part. I needed a little more survivability than just 300 Life and 0 defense can provide.

Attach Anger with RMC and Blood Magic.

Instead of using frenzy you could use a spectre of a frenzy ape
i can give you a few tips on mana yeah,
Mana is your biggest problem.

There are a few options you have
1. blood magic, im not that big of a fan since its quite far away for my build, also since you focus so heavily on ias, i doubt you have much room for all the needed hp nodes.
2. clearity regen, much in the way of how casters do it.
3. mana leach

I use mana leach atm for my current build, i have 4% phy mana leach and that is enough in term of amount recoverd.
I used to use the mana leach gem but have just recently gotten to the point where that 4% is enough, giving me one more free gem slot ! :D
Anyway, while it recovers enough for me, it doesn't recover it fast enough, mana leach works at the speed of 12.5 % of total mana per second max (i think, its been a while :( ) so i need more max mana atm, currently have about 600-700 i plan to go about 800 - 1000 in ob, mainly by switching to mp rewards for bandits ( if those get changed, i'll find another way )
My current skill is frenzy whit chain and 3more supports, so its quite mana heavy

Anyway enough about my current build, you are trying to go for 11+ ias, i never fixed my mana problems at 11as because it was purely a test and used to study the stats, but i am pretty sure i could make it happen.
I suggest going for nr 2 in that case, since your focusing so heavy on ias, you barely actually do any dmg per hit, and most of it is elemental so yeah, leach options are limited.
just stack mana and mana regen as crazy and get 1 or 2 dream fragments, and don't go crazy on the supports, might wanna pick up a Q reduced cost or a mana leach just in case.

But really my advice is to enjoy your test and not worry about mana much, It ain't worth the hassle to make this build work.
I myself found anything above 7as a waste of time, atleast for bows, from a purely min-max stand point.

PS: Do try high AS whit chain, its quite lovely!
Pss: i haven't slept in a while so i have a really lazy writing style right now, please excuse me, il probably edit this after i get some >.>
Time to come back for launch, saw this post.

After the update that added Quill Rain I happened to find one after 2~hours of grind, made it 5L with 10 or so tries and decided to do just what you are doing (at lvl 78). First of all, it is viable, although you will never reach the dps of standard builds (also I played HC so spent alot of passives into survivability). I reached just below 11aps and had about 6.5k dps single target / 4-5kdps multi target (solo ofcourse, alot more with the help of friendly auras).

1. Your biggest enemy is mana. I had no problem leeching enough mana to attack, but with my poor mana pool it was impossible to sustain it (because of limit to regen). This reduced my overall aps to about 5 (gasping for mana after 1 second).

The solution: blood magic. This will prevent running full aura build (which gives higher dps with higher attack speed), but it will allow you to sustain aps with only one life leech gem. Of course you could use BM gem, at the cost of one support, but beware that at 3.5-4k life I had problem sustaining my life instead (again because of cap to regen). I had a 6L and with 5 support (RMC one of them) my attack cost 85+life/shot = 850+life per sec.

In the end (after alot of testing) I decided to go for BM passive for the best overall result.

2. Desync. Playing solo was not a problem. Playing with other people was horrible. Unplayable. After trying out a map with 2 others I quickly decided to swap my Quill for my old rare bow to reduce my aps to about 5 (at the same time gaining 30% more dps). Still it is quite more enyojable with Quill so I stuck with it solo.

Mind that this was a few months ago, and since I quit, some new quite interesting gems have been introduced that could complement the build. I used 20% frenzy with LMP for multi at the time.

Come launch I wont be playing this build since I found something more interesting (and hopefully a little bit more viable), but I would be very interested to see similar builds.

Note: I cried when they changed the cool Frenzy sound, with 10+aps it sounded like a gattling gun. Afterwards not close as good.
Tholfos
I'm now over 12 ApS which was my initial goal. My new goal is 13! I honestly don't think 14 aps is achievable by any normal means. I don't think it's impossible, but it'll be highly unlikely and my character would have to be over lvl 80.

I've recently acquired Clarity, and Reduced Mana. Reduced Mana helps but not a lot. Clarity helps immensely but the reservation is just too high even at level 6. If I try to link it to blood magic then I lose 10% attack speed from not being on full life.

Btw.. I posted my Attack Speed gear in the OP. If anyone has better rings, amulet, or belt please feel free to donate :) Quill Rain, Hyrri's Mark, Ondar's Clasp, Blackgleam, and Sundance are all BiS for Attack Speed. The only other piece I can swap out is the Body Armor.

I tried using a handful of video capturing software.. none of them worked. They all recorded a black screen and there was no sound.
try livestream and just save a recording. use section or entire screen capture, not game-mode unless game mode actually works now but i think its for fullscreen games.
I don't know if you are looking for a certain armour type or just anythin 6L but I can give you my legacy 6L if you want it?
Unavailable
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
You're welcome to any of this, Facelicker. PM me if you're interested.

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
Since i cannot see your build. Have you picked the 3 Frenzy charges?
"
Kinne wrote:
I don't know if you are looking for a certain armour type or just anythin 6L but I can give you my legacy 6L if you want it?
Unfortunately, I'll never have enough Int to equip that. Thank you though. Perhaps if I had went the CI route..

"
Cyony wrote:
Since i cannot see your build. Have you picked the 3 Frenzy charges?
Of course, lol. You can't have max attack speed without 6 Frenzy Charges. I haven't posted my build because I don't want critique on it. It's not finished and I've done things for certain reasons that I don't feel like explaining lol.

That Assassin's Garb would be great Monopoly.. too bad I don't think I'll ever reach level 68, lol. I seem to be at an impasse leveling wise. I'm stuck at lvl 52. I can kill just fine, but even with 8000+ Evasion at 60% and 20% dodge I seem to get hit more often than I do the hitting. If I can just sneak my way past Merveil and into Fellshrine in Merciless I know I can do some serious leveling. Getting past the monkeys in the Forest will be the tough part.
Face add me in game, or send me a message when you're online.

I probably have everything you need in legacy.

Things like this RMC gem just on my character

Unavailable

Edit 2: This might be really nice
Unavailable
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
Last edited by Morsexier on Jan 15, 2013, 3:48:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info