15.38 Attacks per Second

New Thief's Torment ring fits perfectly on this kind of build.
Ehm guys, you realize this post was made when Multistrike wasn't introduced yet? With it he can achieve 30aps oO

FaceLicker, plz do a new video :D

edit: Also get Tabula Rasa for easy gem switch and 6-link and Thief's Torment for resolving mana issues.
Unarmed for life! (although I do like maces too recently)
Last edited by Broliciously on May 9, 2013, 2:50:04 AM
"
Broliciously wrote:
Ehm guys, you realize this post was made when Multistrike wasn't introduced yet? With it he can achieve 30aps oO

Not quite. Multistrike is melee only, and the fastest melee weapons are Brightbeaks at 50% base aspd, not a Quill Rain at 100% base aspd.

I've seen 16+ aps melee without Brightbeaks so it can go a bit higher, but I think anything over 20 would be impossible.
Oh lol, how could I forget the Melee only^^

Also, there are some fancy/jeweled/spiraled foils that reach 2,12 or so base attack speed meaning that with Multistrike which is more attack speed you would be looking at ~4,2 base attack speed practically compared to the 3,11 from Quill Rain.
Unarmed for life! (although I do like maces too recently)
"
pneuma wrote:
"
Broliciously wrote:

Not quite. Multistrike is melee only, and the fastest melee weapons are Brightbeaks at 50% base aspd, not a Quill Rain at 100% base aspd.

I've seen 16+ aps melee without Brightbeaks so it can go a bit higher, but I think anything over 20 would be impossible.

Honestly i'll swap for melee anytime, the build shown here is shitty as hell, ye it's the fastest, but the dps is abysmal, i can one shot mobs with a usual ele cleave in fellshrine and this without being over leveled, just having good gear, i can 3 shot rare he is taking ages to kill in the vid. So in the end his build is slow as fuck due to poor dps, no matter the zillion arrow he can throw per second. Quill rain is not a weapon made to apply direct damage, the op got it all wrong, and the result is underwhelming.
This build was never meant to be extremely strong.
It was an End-CB project, just to see how fast you can actually attack.
Sorry Exile, but your loot is in another dungeon!
IGN: Delirii
"
Delirii wrote:
Exactly.

When I made the video , I made it clear at the time that DPS was never a priority. I simply meant to test the limits of attack speed at that time which was still Closed Beta. The game has progressed much since then and I could not care less about any 'criticism'.

I've barely played the game since OB started, and I dont have the time like I used to, so I doubt I'll be making another vid any time soon.
"
FaceLicker wrote:
"
Delirii wrote:
Exactly.

When I made the video , I made it clear at the time that DPS was never a priority. I simply meant to test the limits of attack speed at that time which was still Closed Beta. The game has progressed much since then and I could not care less about any 'criticism'.

I've barely played the game since OB started, and I dont have the time like I used to, so I doubt I'll be making another vid any time soon.

Have u tried it with status aliament gems?
I was thinking with blind gem, u probably need not the evasion rating.

Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
"
silverthorne wrote:
New Thief's Torment ring fits perfectly on this kind of build.

Oh wow, I'm not very familiar with that ring, but you're totally right. I also didnt think of knockback as opposed to stun, which will make curse immune mobs more manageable than relying on vulnerability.

Perhaps a more practical approach to this build would just be to find a thicket bow with as close to 2 attacks per second as possible. With a 7th frenzy charge, you could probably hit 10 attacks per second, which should be more than enough to keep enemies away from you with knockback.
IGN: Iolar
neat project. I like this alot.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info