Blood Magic still weak

"
Odoakar wrote:

Most of my builds now run 2 auras on mana and use skills with BM gem. It's actually better than going BM passive.

It has ALWAYS been like this.

Blood magic was nerfed to the ground on the release. It's never a good idea to invest 10 points on aura nodes, just to play 1 aura and still lose shitloads of HP. You can invest those 10 points in nodes which would have the same effect as aura which you are trying to use (with some exceptions of puirty auras).

I really, really don't understand what GGG was thinking about, when they wrote that auras change is a buff to BM. Mortal conviction should be replaced with something like "You can run one aura without it's life reservation costs". Buffing mortal conviction to huge numbers like 70% is not a solution, I have at least few builds which would heavily abuse that mechanic, coz you could stack multiple auras on hp.

In my opinion auras mechanic was bad before the release, but now it's even worse, especially when we take BM into account. Auras are just too strong and too obligatory in this game.

Last edited by CookieVortex on Dec 2, 2013, 8:47:15 PM
bump
IGN: Torrenz
Nemesis Shop: view-thread/634031
Bm nod=no aura. BM gem is away better. U can use it for main attack and to spend 2-3 auras on mana. Or if u r low life build too.
As a Dual Strike duelist, who only needs to spent 2 extra points to get BM, I still ended up not taking it and prefer to use a BM gem.
Please keep in mind that I currently only need 1 aura to play endgame maps.

Seriously....., how crazy can this get?

The problem with BM is knowing that you loose way to many passive points /gear slots to make up for those aura's your getting.
I find it very interesting that everyone complains about Bm and Aura interaction, but there are no complaints about CI and Auras ...
Why can we (CI) make it work and you (BM) not?

Levelling/Playing a char without BM or CI is far superior to both, if you have to rely on Auras.
Forums are SOOO much fun on patch day!

Casuals play because it's fun, not to achieve any goal unreachable with their resources.
We are playing for the next difficulty, the next keystone, the next item upgrade.
Not to feel better than anyone else.
Last edited by Fhedaykin on Dec 4, 2013, 8:31:55 AM
"
trizzjeeuh wrote:
As a Dual Strike duelist, who only needs to spent 2 extra points to get BM, I still ended up not taking it and prefer to use a BM gem.
Please keep in mind that I currently only need 1 aura to play endgame maps.

Seriously....., how crazy can this get?

The problem with BM is knowing that you loose way to many passive points /gear slots to make up for those aura's your getting.

not crazy at all.

on my shadow p.e. i skip acrobatics even though i try to find high EV items.
i don't take CI on all of my witches
i don't take aof on my templar even though i use cold to fire support and etc.

big notables aren't supposed to be the "best" they are supposed to enable builds, so likewise BM passive isn't suppossed to be there for every single marauder/duelist/etc, it is suppossed to be there just for the few builds that actually make use of it (exploding arrow build works fine with it, dominating blow build the same, etc)
"
Fhedaykin wrote:
I find it very interesting that everyone complains about Bm and Aura interaction, but there are no complaints about CI and Auras ...

Levelling/Playing a char without BM or CI is far superior to both, if you have to rely on Auras.

I don't think they're similiar.
Discipline being obligatory is still better than no auras at all, and CI gets resource sustain too by freeing up 2-3 HP flask slots. Depending on your pathing for ES nodes you could choose to pick up 10-26% reduced reservation with a modest investment of 6-11 points, with makes it easy to run 2-4 auras and your skills off mana. The plain fact that blood magic does not even have options makes it inferior.

Sure, HP-based with BM gem or EB is the best for auras. But in that regard, CI is still better off than Blood Magic.
IGN: Torrenz
Nemesis Shop: view-thread/634031
"
Fhedaykin wrote:

Lol what? They aren't even close to comparable. You still have a mana pool to reserve auras on with CI. BM ONLY lets you use life to use auras.

If you had to reserve 28% of your ES for each aura you wanted, would you still use them? Didn't think so.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
In fact the best way to got more auras is low life ES build with BM gem on ur main skill.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info