Necro's pure righteous fire build HC, 90% phy dmg reduction, cheap! (5 seconds piety vid) lvl89

"
benjiwoosh wrote:
"
haenic wrote:
Ha! :)

I took the two +4% nodes and specced out of them. I didn't see a big difference for now, but I will probably pick them back up once I feel like I have the extra points. If you are using Elemental Equilibrium you do NOT want to use Immortal Call. When it goes off it will do fire damage and increase all of the mobs fire resist by +50%. I assumed that is why Necro doesn't run it in his setup.

Oi mate, I think you mixed up Molten shell (sinks X damage, then explodes dealing Y damage) with Immortal call (consumes endurance charges to grant temportal physical invulnerability)

And if it DID trigger EE, Id rather spec out of EE ;] Immortal call is just too good :]

You are correct! My bad :)
IGN: Sweethart
"
Hartsa wrote:
"
Necropotence wrote:

Hello, the snapshot part of RF won't be changed as it's how the skill is made, this is also confirmed by a developer in the RF thread. With regards to gear swapping after RF cast, if it gets changed it will impact the damage but will not break the build.

What excatly is the difference between RF snapshotting and RF gearswap?

Hello, snapshooting RF means that when you cast it it takes all the modifiers of the gear you're wearing atm of cast, except life and ES, you can even remove the gem and it will still be applied and RF will still be on. Gearswapping means you can swap carcass jack for instance, keep the AOE modifiers to RF and benefit from your other chest defences like armour and HP. While snapshooting it's in the skill itself as it was designed that way, according to developers, gearswap is quite an advantage as it let's you benefit from some mods not so good for the build but good for RF. IMO the skill is too complicated with its current mechanics. If they change something about gearswapping the skill will have to be changed as well, we'll see how this develops in the future :)

"
benjiwoosh wrote:

One thing bothers me - I just actually tried using discharge, (discharge lvl 14 + iron will lvl 16 + BM + faster casting) and with 6 endurance charges I hit white mob for whole... 1/3HP. Do you actually use discharge to do damage? :P What am I doing wrong? :P (I tried it with RF off, otherwise mobs would just burn themselves in it, but even with 50% spell power buff that's still ridiculously low)

Discharge is used for totem kills only, link it with conc AOE and proc EE before hitting the totem. I only kill the dangerous totems (always crit, corpse explosion and cannot die) Also make sure to drink a ruby if the map has ele reflect mod.

"
benjiwoosh wrote:

One thing bugs me - where the HELL do you get dex to EQUIP carcass?

I use this when casting RF to be able to use carcass then take it out. Just buy a ring with lots of dex and hp, other stats don't matter

"
benjiwoosh wrote:

Oi mate, I think you mixed up Molten shell (sinks X damage, then explodes dealing Y damage) with Immortal call (consumes endurance charges to grant temportal physical invulnerability)

And if it DID trigger EE, Id rather spec out of EE ;] Immortal call is just too good :]

I don't use inmortal call because I haven't needed it so far. With 90% physical damage reduction you can easily tank physical damage but you need 7 endurance charges. Also inmortal call uses up the endurances charges which I don't want, but definetly cwdt + end cry + inmortal call is a very strong combo.

Cheers!

Edit: updated the guide a little
My guides
HC melee ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/507976
HC RF scion: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/666667
HC RF marauder: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/842382
RF resource guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/832331
Last edited by Necropotence on Jan 28, 2014, 1:49:47 PM
I use high lvl enduring cry, thinking about leveling up CWDT too - I like those 2-3 seconds of total invulnerability, works great against hard and fast hitting mobs and OH SHIT! moments, like that one time when fractured 'spikes-on-death' bird thing from gardens killed me. IDK if I manage to get that 7th endurance charge, want to get 2 more armor and 2 more HP nodes first, and then maybe 2 4% aoe nodes (they dont seem much, but its almost 10% is always good)

Also, any idea if ele damage/fire damage on scepter/rings works with RF? I could use +fire damage ring while snapshotting...
"
benjiwoosh wrote:

Also, any idea if ele damage/fire damage on scepter/rings works with RF? I could use +fire damage ring while snapshotting...

+% fire damage on items definitely works (it is a factor on Necro's spreadsheet). On the scepter remember it won't be equipped if you are snapshotting the dual redbeaks to get the +200% damage on low life.

Mainly I am looking for +fire ammy,rings and then chaos/iir/iiq gear. With shield and sword i am over capped on resists by a lot. Which is nice cause then i run determination instead of purity of elements.
IGN: Sweethart
Last edited by haenic on Jan 28, 2014, 6:46:33 PM
UPDATE!!

Thank you all those how have helped me!

I now have 89% FR...and is good enough to run with very little degen. CAN'T WAIT to get my PoF lvl'd lol.

My mistake was to take Holy Strength without the other 3% buff node...then respec Holy Strength because I was taking too much damage. Now it's fixed!

Mistake #2: my dumbass fault...

I didn't notice any difference in damage with the Redbeaks...tried a few times with the same result. DOH! I had a Reduced Mana linked to Blood Magic+PoF (was just lvling the gems). I forgot to take RM out at 65 lol

Also to someone in the same boat as me...noob who spent all he had on the gear...you don't need anything special for boots to run with this at 65 easily. A simple devouring totem works wonders while you pop open chests/pick up drops/look under rocks<-where I found my ex for the shield!

Hope some1 learns from my mistakes.

Here's my marauder build so far:

Spoiler

I haven't taken EE yet because I haven't felt the need. I'm loving the run through and melt everything, and only casting Elemental Weakness on tougher mobs/bosses.
Last edited by mondobogus on Jan 29, 2014, 4:45:10 PM
Patch 1.0.6 IIR Gem should now work with RF.

Oh boy...
"

Oh boy...

Yeah both should "Fixed a bug where Righteous Fire was not correctly supported by the Item Quantity or Item Rarity support gems."

I currently have RF in my gloves (was going for non-essential stuff in chest so I could trade it out if I ever got Kaom's Heart) ... but if I find a nice 6L chest then I might spend all my chromes trying to get it right (would need so many off colours in a strength piece though, 4B2R I think, can't be bothered to check.)
 ------------------------------------
|I named him Waggleton P. Tallylicker |
|... I never got the chance to tell him |
|... he will be remembered.               |
 ------------------------------------
"

Oh boy...

Oh goddamit! Now I *have* to 5l that carcass jack of mine xD Been using incinerate+bm+rarity+culling strike to cull bosses, cause regular yellows die too fast to bother :P

Also, got only 2 or 3 more HP points I want to go for left now, then Ill prolly grab 2 4% AOE nodes (more AOE), and then... idk. I dont feel I need more endurance charges (I hardly ever get more than 4-5 on cause immortal call pops and consumes them)[tho 0.2% regen per charge is nice - but then, I hardly ever keep them on], but I feel I need MORE AOE xD might go for blast radius if I ever hit lvl 95 or so :P Might go for purity of flesh cluster for 32% more hp and grab a 30dex node on the way (this build is SO dex starved)

Case anybody wondered, heres my current build (as marauder)
"
Last edited by benjiwoosh on Jan 30, 2014, 3:16:39 AM
"

Oh boy...

That is great news!

For those wondering at the moment I'm not playing much until the new leagues start. In the meantime I'll mess around a bit with a summoner build that I had but will keep track of this thread.

Cheers!
My guides
HC melee ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/507976
HC RF scion: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/666667
HC RF marauder: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/842382
RF resource guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/832331
"
Necropotence wrote:
"

Oh boy...

That is great news!

For those wondering at the moment I'm not playing much until the new leagues start. In the meantime I'll mess around a bit with a summoner build that I had but will keep track of this thread.

Cheers!

You know what I'd rather have work with RF?
Spoiler
Life leech.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info