[2.2] JForce's Reave Duelist Build

"
Fr3shDee wrote:
Can you link your gear cause im wondering which kinds of shields i should take in concideration

I dont have a current character up and running but any type of shield can work for you, since youre going ir you can go for armor,evasion, or hybrid shields. Just look for a shield that helps out your armor with good life and resistances, but thats just my thoughts as I dont really use unique shields.
Spoiler

This is the best I could do with one of my old characters from Patch 1.2, but with this character and 4 frenzy charges I was able to reach 44k dps with a 300 pdps sword

This was when block was op which is why I was using perandus.
Last edited by jforce321 on Jul 14, 2015, 12:55:28 PM
I wouldnt consider reave as a level friendly skill tho cause i died 8 times to normal dominus today cause the lack of dmg
Okay JForce I hope you can help me. I am a new player and as one I just wanted to play a simple hack and slash character before trying to do crazy builds, so this build seemed to fit the bill. I just reached level 36, and ended act 3 on a high note as I found some really decent gear to get up to 500DPS. I am using Reave with knockback and frenzy with faster attacks.

Here is my passive tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQBAecEhwUtFE0V7BiRGlUhYCyFL8wyTjboOlJAoEd-WhphIWLsZU107XrvhNmE74jtivCPman6toq5HbyfvTa-p8C_wYLEgsqQ2sHh7-lG_Es=

I am debating If I should pick up iron reflexes in my next two levels or go straight for the damage on razors edge and blade master as I know I am fairly strong right now but I know its going to get tough soon. Thoughts? Also How does Iron reflexes work feel free to explain it like I am five because every answer I see on youtube is some foreign guy that I cant understand.

Next, What auras are good for this build? The Reave and Frenzy synergies are pretty much no brainers and are explicitly listed as well. But I have no idea if I should be casting an aura from time to time and if so what would be a support gem for that aura so I would know what to look for.

Lastly What are some top tier gear items that I will need or will it not matter so long as I get a bringer of rain (which seems kind of rare). Or what items should I be looking for? High armor or whatever looks good?

Also I would like to add that so far this build is working rather well, I have enough life to tank and enough damage to not have to stop too often to clear a group out. To the guy that said he died 8 times to dominus today I have to say that my team left after we got to him so I decided to try to take him on myself and I died like twice (due to standing in the wrong spot) but was able to kill him on my own. So far its very viable.

Thanks Jforce Hope you can help
Last edited by MeneXCIX on Jul 14, 2015, 12:27:18 PM
"
Okay JForce I hope you can help me. I am a new player and as one I just wanted to play a simple hack and slash character before trying to do crazy builds, so this build seemed to fit the bill. I just reached level 36, and ended act 3 on a high note as I found some really decent gear to get up to 500DPS. I am using Reave with knockback and frenzy with faster attacks.

Here is my passive tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQBAecEhwUtFE0V7BiRGlUhYCyFL8wyTjboOlJAoEd-WhphIWLsZU107XrvhNmE74jtivCPman6toq5HbyfvTa-p8C_wYLEgsqQ2sHh7-lG_Es=

I am debating If I should pick up iron reflexes in my next two levels or go straight for the damage on razors edge and blade master as I know I am fairly strong right now but I know its going to get tough soon. Thoughts? Also How does Iron reflexes work feel free to explain it like I am five because every answer I see on youtube is some foreign guy that I cant understand.

Next, What auras are good for this build? The Reave and Frenzy synergies are pretty much no brainers and are explicitly listed as well. But I have no idea if I should be casting an aura from time to time and if so what would be a support gem for that aura so I would know what to look for.

Lastly What are some top tier gear items that I will need or will it not matter so long as I get a bringer of rain (which seems kind of rare). Or what items should I be looking for? High armor or whatever looks good?

Also I would like to add that so far this build is working rather well, I have enough life to tank and enough damage to not have to stop too often to clear a group out. To the guy that said he died 8 times to dominus today I have to say that my team left after we got to him so I decided to try to take him on myself and I died like twice (due to standing in the wrong spot) but was able to kill him on my own. So far its very viable.

Thanks Jforce Hope you can help

Just so you know you can buy gems from belt/flask/ring vendors on the 2nd tab in any town, so you should try and buy yourself a melee physical damage and added fire gem as well, and with the end of act 4 normal one of your rewards will be multistrike, so you can get that alongside melee physical and faster attacks/added fire to help your damage out.

Also you should try to get yourself hatred and herald of ashe for auras/buffs which can also be purchased at the same vendors as mentioned before.

This should help out your damage by a large margin, but I say you should keep going towards the left side of the tree and get towards resolute technique since theres some good life nodes and damage nodes over there, but getting iron reflexes wont hurt especially since itll allow you to use evasion and armor gear to get armor stats which is what you wanna prioritize alongside life and resistances.
Last edited by jforce321 on Jul 14, 2015, 1:06:20 PM
Thanks! Yeah I will hold of on Iron Reflexes for now then, I can tank just fine for the time being. Thanks again. Loving this build, simple and fun.

whichb bandit for curel? cant decide between Kraitlyn and OAk
can someone help me about passive skill

i want to play reave duelist

in thailand this game v 1.3 (skill didn't same2.0)

someone guide me pls thankyou

http://web.poe.garena.in.th/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQA

now am level 41

thankyou.
Hey man, big fan of the build but I'm curious as to why you use sword over dagger/claw?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info