[2.2] JForce's Reave Duelist Build

Sorry for being so dead guys, but my daughter was actually born december 3rd 2014, so I haven't been involved in gaming or poe since then really, but I'll make sure to keep the guide updated for 1.4 and maybe play/stream a bit since my daughter will be at least 5 months by the time it hits so I might be able to manage time better.
So I am now lvl 80, I have 4200 life, 10k armor) 76 fire 75 cold and 75 lightning res, 63% chance to block, I am using Bringer of Rain so I also have a 7 link, and the best part is I still do 22.5k dps and That's not even with lvl 20 gems haha. this build is tanky, safe ,fast, fun and most of all capable of every map.

If anyone has questions ill try to help jforce out with answers, I have tested this build with tons and tons of gear, and I feel that I have a pretty good set up.

I use all three of the new block gems for extra dps, I run herald of ashe+reduced mana+grace+elemental prolif (its fun to watch the whole screen turn red lol)

The Passive Tree Jforce has set up is spot on perfect, I have played around with a few different versions of my own making based on his, but ill tell ya, this one is by far the best.

If anyone has questions for me my characters name is staticshox, im in game every night and ill be running atziri soon to see how it does.

have fun everyone!

Spoiler
BRINGER OF RAIN IS STILL VIABLE
"
derff87 wrote:
So I am now lvl 80, I have 4200 life, 10k armor) 76 fire 75 cold and 75 lightning res, 63% chance to block, I am using Bringer of Rain so I also have a 7 link, and the best part is I still do 22.5k dps and That's not even with lvl 20 gems haha. this build is tanky, safe ,fast, fun and most of all capable of every map.

If anyone has questions ill try to help jforce out with answers, I have tested this build with tons and tons of gear, and I feel that I have a pretty good set up.

I use all three of the new block gems for extra dps, I run herald of ashe+reduced mana+grace+elemental prolif (its fun to watch the whole screen turn red lol)

The Passive Tree Jforce has set up is spot on perfect, I have played around with a few different versions of my own making based on his, but ill tell ya, this one is by far the best.

If anyone has questions for me my characters name is staticshox, im in game every night and ill be running atziri soon to see how it does.

have fun everyone!

Spoiler

how did u manage such high block chance ?

whats your passive tree ? like the one from jforce ? and can u quickly link your items ?
Its Wednesday my Dudes , AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
"
eichlot wrote:
"
derff87 wrote:

have fun everyone!

Spoiler

whats your passive tree ? like the one from jforce ? and can u quickly link your items ?

Those are my items. Nothin really special. I also have a chest piece in so I can use my seraph mtx chest skin even tho I don't get any stats from it. I used the exact build jforce has posted. I spend about 60 regrets tweaking it in different ways to try different set ups but the way he has it posted is the most efficient and effective build. I have 63% block now but when I'm done ill be capped. and I was thinking spell damage was gonna hurt me cause I have no spell block. but I can sit in there with the best of em with my high lifesteal and block and blind. I can run any map (up to 75 since I haven't tried higher yet)
"
derff87 wrote:
"
eichlot wrote:
"
derff87 wrote:

have fun everyone!

Spoiler

Those are my items. Nothin really special. I also have a chest piece in so I can use my seraph mtx chest skin even tho I don't get any stats from it. I used the exact build jforce has posted. I spend about 60 regrets tweaking it in different ways to try different set ups but the way he has it posted is the most efficient and effective build. I have 63% block now but when I'm done ill be capped. and I was thinking spell damage was gonna hurt me cause I have no spell block. but I can sit in there with the best of em with my high lifesteal and block and blind. I can run any map (up to 75 since I haven't tried higher yet)

I forgot to put in my ammy, and also for bosses with spell damage (ie fire damage from the dog in the cells map) I use that shield. it works like a charm.
*UPDATE* just tried atziri. build needs some work and I need some work on the fights haha. valiant first effort for not knowing what shield to use and when to use it. made it to the triplets, killed two of them. this build is defiantly viable just needs some practice
"
derff87 wrote:
*UPDATE* just tried atziri. build needs some work and I need some work on the fights haha. valiant first effort for not knowing what shield to use and when to use it. made it to the triplets, killed two of them. this build is defiantly viable just needs some practice

The lack of life is probably one of your larger issues as you need to have near 5k life to give yourself good overhead against the high damage that the trio and atziri flameblasts can do even when using saffels, but from looking at your gear I can see that youre using low tier crafted life or no life at all so increasing that amount isnt difficult at all as my level 90 character I had in standard had over 6300 life having a ring with no life on it when i redesigned the tree.

Thanks for testing out the build again as I appreciate it, especially since I spent so many days of my life at the beginning of 1.3 testing out the various tree's and doing the math on efficiency but I hope to see some drastic changes to melee so that it doesnt just involve a tree change next time.
I'm really curious that what you think about this tree? I've found it and felt somehow more comfortable following this, now level 63 but still considering between Jforce's version and this.

tree
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAFey5HcqQhNli7LaKL8yE7wUteu907WBL2L01krXySshuqv6PTeMxnqZXwYLAdhSOFz4qTT8nR369NmVNvqcaVWEhiO36GOHv7npbr0p945-Hdmeg_MXdDeCVCEmy3Fbo6UaK8KQ50IFH4iLiFSAs6QIRo-dE0gMn1FIwfH8rd9dW-ucP3L0xsMv1TZIj9o19GbTK06OKTGAEsZVm18s94kjuG614rtN-1oqsR31b_rp9deXF9UYceP4K8kWbLQgu7YMZjgBe
"
BasedAbuelo wrote:
I'm really curious that what you think about this tree? I've found it and felt somehow more comfortable following this, now level 63 but still considering between Jforce's version and this.

tree
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAFey5HcqQhNli7LaKL8yE7wUteu907WBL2L01krXySshuqv6PTeMxnqZXwYLAdhSOFz4qTT8nR369NmVNvqcaVWEhiO36GOHv7npbr0p945-Hdmeg_MXdDeCVCEmy3Fbo6UaK8KQ50IFH4iLiFSAs6QIRo-dE0gMn1FIwfH8rd9dW-ucP3L0xsMv1TZIj9o19GbTK06OKTGAEsZVm18s94kjuG614rtN-1oqsR31b_rp9deXF9UYceP4K8kWbLQgu7YMZjgBe

My tree would probably be a bit more hardcore viable, at least in my opinion, as those sword clusters to the left of the duelist are pretty inefficient for damage, as are the general 1 hand damage nodes which to me havent been that good since the beginning of 1.0. Also it puts your gear requirments a bit higher just since youre not going rt and would need some accuracy on gear, which seems like a waste when youre not investing in crit.
Build Updated For 2.0! :D

The results of the build during closed beta testing for 2.0 were great, as I was able to achieve 24k dps on a 5L using only a 230 physical dps sword, while having 5 frenzy 4 endurance 5.5k life and 8k armor, while only being level 77.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info