I'll be streaming for 160 out of the 168 hour race coming up.

<BEFORE WE START> Don't bother with the 'don't do it' posts. I've done this before, 99% of people haven't. I don't recommend you do this yourself. Once again, save your breathe, I'm well aware of any possible medical concerns.

Hi everyone.

Just informing you all that I intend to stream for a solid 100 hours at the start of the race, take an 8 hour sleep break, and then finish off the remaining 60 hours. I'll be streaming it live on twitch.tv (link below). I've done quite a few 70+hour stints in the past, and only a single 101 hour stint (which involved me falling asleep in my chair at college, waking up 20 mins later, and staying awake for the next 8 hours...).

I'll be having a few personal friends rotating between watching me at all times to make sure they call my personal mobile phone if I'm missing for more than 5 minutes.

<I HAVE RL TO ATTEND TO OCCASIONALLY> Sometimes I have to go to the shop to buy milk/bread, sometimes I have to take the GF to work (25 minute round trip), but I'm making plans and getting prepared as much as I can to avoid doing as many of these things as possible during the streaming time :)

There's a Chip-In link at the bottom of my page, which will be headed directly towards a gold kiwi for myself and my girlfriend, so hopefully pulling a stunt like this can get enough attention to make it happen. Anything else on top of that will go towards getting a tune for my motorbike, because it's currently running like a piece of s**t.

Stream quality will be fairly average, but i'm on 22/1 ADSL2+, so it'll have to do. I've optimised it as best I can in the meantime. I'll be playing music most of the time, since my house is a shared house, and the drama isn't really streamable... I'll have question time occasionally, and I'll be on Twitch chat.

As I speak, I've had about 4 hours sleep in the past 48 or so, I'm just bringing my body to getting used to it again, been a few years :)

In Game:
If I die before 50 hours, I restart.
If I die before 100 hours, I see how long I can play softcore until I fall asleep.
If I die after 100 hour, I'm going to bed, lol >.>

In RL
If I fall asleep outside of allocated time, whatever money's been made on the chip-in will go to the best Kiwi I can buy with the funds, and I call it a day :)

Any questions?

http://www.twitch.tv/euphoareia

PLEASE SHARE MY TWITCH LINK AROUND, I DON'T INTEND ON FAILING.

p.s. 1 GCP on Default League if someone wants to format this decently post for me.
p.p.s. I'll probably pick my nose, fart and do other undesirable stuff.
Last edited by MrMordred on Jan 16, 2013, 4:13:38 AM
You actually think you can stream for 100 hours straight without sleep?
I'll be surprised if you make it past 70, but kudos if you can - I'll definitely be watching, if for no better reason than to watch the madness of insomnia consume your mind before you die of it ;)
IGN: @LordStormakov - PM me if I win any bids.
The first major hurdle is the 55 hour mark(ish), that's when you feel it hit you. When you get to 70, you stop thinking straight. After 80, you kinda relax again, and it just feels like you've had a really, really long day, the whole time. No hallucinations or any of that junk. At 100 hours, the struggle is to keep yourself occupied, because even the smallest inattention can lead to a microsleep.
Last edited by MrMordred on Jan 11, 2013, 3:41:11 PM
well, I've never seen anyone die live on stream before so this might actually be quite fun.
Seriously though, 100 hours is pushing it... a lot. Be careful :)
IGN: infested
That´s not a joke. You can die for several causes if u play so long without break.
I'm not joking, I've done it before, I'll be fine. If it makes enough cash, I may even smack out another 100 for OB release :P
Last edited by MrMordred on Jan 11, 2013, 3:46:06 PM
How do you avoid dying to microsleep?

for those who are unawares,

A microsleep is an episode of sleep which may last for a fraction of a second or up to thirty seconds. Often, it is the result of sleep deprivation, mental fatigue, depression, sleep apnea, hypoxia, narcolepsy, or hypersomnia. For the sleep-deprived, microsleeping can occur at any time, typically without substantial warning.
The game does not adapt to you, you adapt to it.
Being in a party as often as possible, and having them keep an eye on me :)
Ok then lets go. i will watch sometimes your run.
100 hours lol goodluck with that, hope you don't rip.
IGN:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info