Concentrated Effect on Proliferated Ignite Damage tested (with numbers)

Thought i would share my brief tests and my findings regarding Concentrated Effect(CE)

I Frapsed the killing of Kole with and without CE equipped, and counted the frames from the first frame after his health dips under the "Kole" part of the nameplate, till the frame where he dies. I did multiple tests to reduce the impact of variables such as the health of kole and the damage roll of the fireball i was using. Kole was isolated from other monster in each test, so the ignited was centered on him every time.

I am using a level 16 CE at the moment, which deals 65% More Area Damage.

There are two scenarios to expect. One where CE affects both initial hit and the burn, and another where it affects only the initial hit.

- If it takes about 1.65 times as many frames to kill without CE then CE does not affect the burn.

- If it takes about 2.72 times as many frames to kill without CE then CE does affect the burn too.

-----

Test results

Frames without Concentrated effect:
Spoiler

Avg: 73.6

Frames with Concentrated effect:
Spoiler

avg: 46.2

-----------------------------------

Average frames without Concentrated effect / Average frames with Concentrated effect

=

73.6/46.2

=

Conclusion

The data fluctuates quite a lot, and the sample size is rather small(22), but as the sample size increases it becomes clear that it is closer to a 1,65 multiplier than 2,72.

Proliferated Ignite is not increased by Concentrated Effect beyond increasing the magnitude of the incident hit.

I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Nov 29, 2013, 11:32:18 PM
effects only apply once. if CE has already increased the initial damage of something, it wont apply again to a follow up DoT. That's a pretty standard rule for any multipliers to avoid "double dipping".

I'd be more interested if the initial hit wasn't an AoE, but generated one. that would be a proper test for CE on burning damage.
You are welcome to test it, i just shared the information relevant to me :)
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
CE only affects aoe damage, the burn is not aoe damage

awesome that you actually went and tested this though
I'd argue that a ignite spread in an area is area damage though. This is sad to hear though.
"
fsg wrote:

Assuming he tested using Fire Trap, Concentrated Effect does boost burning ground damage as well.
@Lemonjooce ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
"
westgate wrote:
"
fsg wrote:

Assuming he tested using Fire Trap, Concentrated Effect does boost burning ground damage as well.
hmm, are you entierly sure about this? it actually kinda makes sense with the ground burn from fire trap, didnt think of that.

however when it comes to ignites i cant see how CE would affect the burn besides the initial hit
good shit
ign Exdunn
It is true. Proliferated ignites have never counted as aoe.
Actually I just realized his test is flawed. If he was igniting KOLE and not somethe NEXT TO KOLE.

For the same reason melee splash doesn't get bonuses on the main target hit, we should not expect elemental proliferation to get aoe boosts on the ignite source.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info