[2.6] Yalani's Low Life Righteous Fire Build

Hello. So, I did think RF was cool back when I started, and now that I have perhaps a smidge more game knowledge...I'd like to try it. But, crazy wacko that I am...I like to try and put an odd spin into any build I do, if I can. I'd rather not waste the LARGE amount of time making a character if it's completely non-viable, so I'm asking here....

Planned Auras and Passive tree
Spoiler
https://poe.mikelat.com/#FJi-55/tNrp.0Bf

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMAAN-Ku_x-oekCFX5p2EuuxvcbJZJ02VttGRFQl_QI9CL0NblSU8BUbAunKx1Pl5U9X2pDkydMs76Kf8bviAQH0B-hL8rTwcX5N4PbHwLv67QM7BjXz1XGNsXqukZxcLtJsTpYi3rYJA18NArhiIMJ2RMBb6cIV8k3Zh2qb54vb-L3j0adruvuKPo3gyym_knKSoRIHRQabAN1muAy0YLHputfsFxr-tL3wZErRZ1FR_nom7XDbRcvWHdTUsBmaHTDOmTnJLBfBK3xPAXaYhmKVdaApBhdn9_vfJSg-wk87_baaPIaj3wOp1VboLiTHNyPGkV-Dlxq-gAA

This is assuming on use of OFC Shavronne's Wrappings, and more oddly...2x Consuming Dark. Not because I really think RF needs pure chaos conversion, merely because I haven't seen it done, and it's the only way I can think of to use Consuming Darks that doesn't make me shudder and feel awful for abusing the mechanic.

I do realize I'd be losing a lot without the shield, but the five auras, the large ES pool, and all those nice aura effect buffs stacking up to 54% increased effect....It seems like, if I'm mathing correctly, that I can sustain RF, and then some, thanks to the occultist's Vile Bastion. I'd also expect Vile Bastion to help with the negative map mods you mentioned in your guide.

As far as I can tell, I grabbed all the best ES nodes, the two good spots I'll hit for Energy From Within, and some extra Radius. I don't think I missed anything huge in the passive tree, but again, I'd just like to check, maybe get an opinion. I did consider snagging Ghost Reaver and running the Life Leech support gem, plus the Doryani's belt, but I wasn't entirely sure it'd be worthwhile. Opinion on that would be nice as well.

- Sheepster
"
2x Consuming Dark. Not because I really think RF needs pure chaos conversion, merely because I haven't seen it done

It hasn't been done, because it can't be done - DoT can't be converted to other damage types.

"
I did consider snagging Ghost Reaver and running the Life Leech support gem, plus the Doryani's belt, but I wasn't entirely sure it'd be worthwhile.

If you don't plan to run another mainskill for the leech - no. Because DoT is also not able to leech :P. Otherwise, this build would be the most broken build in existance.

I didn't do the math, but just looking at your skilltree, you won't be able to sustain RF without RotP. Even if you are using Shavronne's Revelation, you can't sustain RF. My Trickster (who has 0.5% less lifereg on the skilltree than you BUT a 4% Shav's Revelation) is just barely able to sustain it without RotP - and thats with a 20% reduced damage over time taken Shield. My PoF is also at level 23 via Empower + Vertex, which is another 1% increased Maximum Fireresistance.

You also forgot to reserve your Life via Bloodmagic support Gem.

If you want to put your own spin into a build, than RF is not the spell you want - Everything that is able do be done with RF, already has been done - Lifebased RF, Low Life RF, RF Totems and RF as support for the more Spell damage. So the only option left is to pick a RF build and change the passivetree. But that's also not a good idea, because my build hase been min/maxed the past 3 years and Milkys RF Totem tree is also pretty much maxed out - all you do is gimp your own build if you try to personalize it.

The only thing that hasn't been done with RF is the use of Winterheart. If you find a way to freeze yourself permanently (With Juggernaut, so you can still move while being frozen), you will be able to sustain RF with pretty much only this item and no investment on the tree at all. Selffreezing can be done via Scold's + Taste of Hate + Zerphis + Auxium and Acrobatics to put your ES at the minimum. No idea how exaclty it works, since you still have to get something like "Chance to freeze yourself", but I have seen it happen. (EDIT: Frostbite + Shacles)
So if you want to do something special, that's pretty much the only thing left for RF :P

EDIT: I spent like 2 hours trying to figure out a skilltree for the Champion Acendancy (200% incresed Armour/Evasion on Low Life) - I finally dumped it though, since there was just no way that this Class could be better than the other Classes for this build. I used a ton of the Energyfrom withing Jewels, but I was not able to get the tree to a decent ES-Level, mainly because you pretty much have to be all over the tree for Arcane Vision + Zealoth's Oath and Ele Equilibrium.
Maybe you'll find a way to make this work if you want your own spin.
Last edited by Yalani on May 16, 2016, 4:22:24 PM
....Wait, what? That....seems really weird. Darks simply say YOUR fire damage is made into Chaos. It doesn't specify anything else, and the burn YOU are causing to others is fire damage, so it SHOULD convert. Doesn't make any sense that it doesn't. How on earth does GGG justify that insanity?

It also doesn't make sense that it can't leech at ALL, even with the Doryani's Belt that specifically leeches from all fire damage you do....

What insanity of loopholes is GGG trying to pull with RF? What's next, we'll find that even Berserker/Scion Berserker can't leech RF? That'd be about as crazy.

- Sheepster
"
Nssheepster wrote:
....Wait, what? That....seems really weird. Darks simply say YOUR fire damage is made into Chaos. It doesn't specify anything else, and the burn YOU are causing to others is fire damage, so it SHOULD convert. Doesn't make any sense that it doesn't. How on earth does GGG justify that insanity?

It also doesn't make sense that it can't leech at ALL, even with the Doryani's Belt that specifically leeches from all fire damage you do....

What insanity of loopholes is GGG trying to pull with RF? What's next, we'll find that even Berserker/Scion Berserker can't leech RF? That'd be about as crazy.

Leech is an on hit effect and Burning/Bleed/Poison (or DoT in general) are not considered hits - so no, not even Scions Berserker is able to leech with RF.

Conversion never did apply to DoT since the DoT overhaul in late 2013.
Last edited by Yalani on May 16, 2016, 7:42:31 PM
"
Yalani wrote:
"
Nssheepster wrote:

Leech is an on hit effect and Burning/Bleed/Poison (or DoT in general) are not considered hits - so no, not even Scions Berserker is able to leech with RF.
No Idea what mechanic prevents DoT to get converted, but it probably has to do with not being a hit aswell.

That is...really, really wacked and broken. If you say something on an item, it DANG WELL better be true. Fire becomes Chaos? Then MEAN it. WTF. Leechs Fire Damage? MEAN IT. That is...ridiculous, that GGG has this going on.

- Sheepster
"
That is...really, really wacked and broken. If you say something on an item, it DANG WELL better be true. Fire becomes Chaos? Then MEAN it. WTF. Leechs Fire Damage? MEAN IT. That is...ridiculous, that GGG has this going on.

Well, they try to keep every tooltip as simple as possible and also try to only use 1 line per Affix - "50% of Fire Damage Converted to Chaos Damage, which does not apply to Damage over Time" would probably be to long.

PoE also always has been a "go to the wiki if you want additional information" kind of game, since you can't find a lot of information ingame. There is also no hint at all, that RF is not increased by spelldamage, even though RF has the spell tag. The same applies to RF not being a hit + not working with on hit effects.
There are tons of other things in this game, which are not explained aswell (like some modifiers on a weapon being global and other local) which makes sense, since cluttered tooltips might be just the icing on the cake to draw attention of new player away in an already complex game like this.

Experienced player mostly find their way to the wiki, so I personally have no problem with this choice of gamedesign.

An "advanced Tooltip" option would be pretty nice though.
Last edited by Yalani on May 16, 2016, 8:08:25 PM
Hy there ... got some issues ...

I have a lvl 82 Guardian, almost 8k ES pool, able to sustain RF w/o problems and so forth...

GOT ONE ISSUE !!!!

!!!!!!!!! STUNS !!!!!!!!!

I get stun locked many times...Perandus Chest Guardians, Red Globes from Piety Act 4 like in Malformation Map Boss...and so forth...

Ihave like 30% evade chance and 50% phys reduction right now...but I keep getting stunned and locked in one place and eventually dying...

Because of the stuns...most of the time when I want to use a Vaal Discipline in ugly situations to save myself...I get stunned while the animation happens and cancel out my Vaal Discipline and loosing all soul charges as well...

Last night I was doing a double boss malformation map...they filled up the room with red globes...and from 4 Vaal Discipline Gems I only was able to get one up and running :( ...the other 3 were cancelled by stuns...

4 Times I died because I got perm stun locked between 2 red globes and couldn't move at all...not even with whirling blades...

Any help and info on how to solve this issue regarding stuns ?!

Regards, Infinity !
Long Live the Templars !!!!
Hey m8, i just noticed you have no dexterity bonus on your gear, except your amulet of course... how do u manage to reach 155 dex? ty in advance for answer
Stay awhile... and listen.
"
4shaken wrote:
Hey m8, i just noticed you have no dexterity bonus on your gear, except your amulet of course... how do u manage to reach 155 dex? ty in advance for answer

14 templar starting dex points
32 amulet - pure dex
12 amulte - all attributes
14 Leup - all attibutes
50 Passive Tree - one big Dext node + 2 small ones...

that's a total of 122 Dexterity that I now have ... need to upgrade my gear a bit more to get more dext...but right now i'm ok with it...got other issues right now... :|
Long Live the Templars !!!!
@infinityatend

if you are a guardian you have a great utility. when you think that stun is your only problem, try remove "Time of Need" and get "Bastion of Hope" ascendancy skill.
when i started playing this build i had BoH first and i felt almost unstunable
never had any problems with any stunshit until ~lvl88 i think
then i switched to ToN because i got these:
Spoiler

to me it feels like these boots are totally enough to survive being hard under fire, if 'almost unstunable' is not enough for you just acquire an Eye of Chayula Amulet unique and all problems solved..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info