Incident Report for 1.0.2 deployment downtime

Thank you very much for the posts of this kind, as already posted you are doing a lot for the community in the opposite to the other companies.
Check our recruitment thread if curious

Twitch: PoE_Vincam
Thank you very much for giving us details like this. Explaining what happend instead of saying nothing like most gaming-companies. Very nice of you to take the time for it.

Awesome job overall with this game!
This is insane...

You will be hard pressed to find any company, ANY where - who will be THIS transparent about what is going on and what happened. Not only that, but within 24 hours of the incident - heck - within 12 hours of the incident - you've told us, in detail, what happened - why it went wrong - and how it'll be handled in the future...

And it's simply AMAZING!!

I'm not sure if you guys at GGG realize what this really means to your community - this is the type of openness we BEG from other companies - gaming companies, internet providers, streaming companies - we BEG and PLEAD for SOME sort of MINUTE communication...

JUST SOMETHING - from them - a tiny bread crumb - a hint that "hey, we're listening, we see you, we hear you, we care"... but we do NOT get that from those companies...

But from GGG - we get this incredible incredible transparency - and as a lifelong gamer, and career marketer - THANK YOU...

This, puts GGG leaps and bounds above so many other companies.

Keep up the amazing work!!!
I'm a database developer myself, and I love the transparency of this report. I will try to be as forthcoming with my clients from now own. Really well done!
A sword he brought, his foes to maim and rend,
from places dark behind forbidden doors,
But night by night he woke with frighten'd roars
from darkest dreams, too strange to comprehend.
(Anonymous)
Great post !
Thank you very much for such explanations. It's the first time I see so much transparancy from a Company, and just for this I won't look for another game for a while.
I want to say some thanks, but I wouldn't do better than lot of previous posts.
Anyway, I'll try my own way.

Apologize post are common in any company that maintain a game online. But yours sounds sincere. I promise this makes a huge difference to me !
But let's forget this, as it is based on what reader feels. Let's keep things around concrete and real facts.

This kind of migration problem would probably have been mentionned like this, in many (all ?) other games :

"We apologize for down time bla bla due to deploying process problem bla bla be assured we do all what we can to ensure this won't happen again bla bla."
Without any detail, and certainly not as fast as few hours after deploying !

You Want to know why your community is so strong ?

Because you have the RESPECT of your gamers.

We are not just thankful for your hard work, the quality of your product, the frequency and consistancy of your communication... we respect what you're doing, and how you do it.

I really wish your company continue on the way to success.
Be assured that I will follow any project GGG is doing ;)
Oh no. A downtime of less then an hour. This is heresy. No other (Free to play)MMO would make us wait this long for a patch. Shame on you. etc.

Honestly, you guys have been doing a great job with the patching. So it goes wrong, and we have to wait a little longer then normal. I'd say don't sweat it!

Keep up the great job :)
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Can only agree with all the posters complimenting you GGG:

It is oustanding for a gaming company to be this open and transparent about what is going on behind the curtains in front of their customers.

I am amazed especially having experienced quite the opposite from other companies lately.
Just, thanks GGG. We love you.
#NeverGoing90
I love you GGG. As a geek i apreciate knowing what went wrong behind the scenes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info