bump, updated for 1.2

And LoL at the new unique Phys Staff:

wtf didnt know that!! great!! NOW I AM SURE I WILL GO CRIT STAFF MARAUDER

postet that in another thread, just a copy/paste:

I will play one in 1.2 new league.

my passive tree:
https://www.poebuilder.com/builds/Jarkeld-ground-slam-staves-crit

its based on staves and crit as well.

nodes: blood magic, vaal pact, maybe unwavering stance, depends on how it will work

skills:
4L: ground slam, multistrike, endurance charge on melee stun, life leech,
5L: 4L + added fire dmg
6L: 5L + X .. I will see (increased AoE, more phys. dmg, stun, inc. crit chance, ...)

wearing a staff, a second 6L is possible:
4L: heavy strike, multistrike, life leech, stun
5L: 4L + added fire dmg
6L: X

(added fire > melee phys dmg, depending of lvl -> need vaal pact for phys reflect mobs)

aura: hatred

base life should be okay, and will hit 6K life easily.
7 end charges give the extra defense.
can even level with:
pillar of the caged god + abyssus + meginord's + phys. juwelery
until you find good pDps staff (maybe switch to rat´s nest + crit chance/multi with a good staff).

maybe try out avatar of fire + heavy strike with ele prolif and get some points into fire dmg @blood magic and inc. burning .. dunno yet (cant say anything pre 1.2 patch though)
Last edited by gloobonious on Aug 19, 2014, 4:47:50 AM
hey I am not sure if you checked my main post, but a thing you should improve the most is your gem setup when playing a crit build.
I tested all these things and I already played 2 Crit Staff characters. That means that I should have a clue what the best links are^^ Here are my recommendations for your skill tree:

1st 5L(6L) for Multi Target:
1. Ground Slam
2. Multistrike
3. Power Charge on Crit
4. Crit Multi
5. Melee Phys Dmg/Crit Chance/(Added Fire Dmg)
(6.) Red Slot: Life Leech/Melee Phys Dmg | Green Slot: Faster Attacks | Blue Slot: Crit Chance

2nd 5L(6L) for Single Target:
1. Heavy Strike
2. Melee Phys Dmg
3. Crit Chance
4. Crit Multi
5. Added Fire Dmg/Life Leech
(6.) Red Slot: Life Leech/Added Fire Dmg | Green Slot: Faster Attacks | Blue Slot: Power Charge on Crit

"Temporarily you can switch the 5th support gem with Multistrike against bosses to kill them way faster."
You don't want to have Multistrike as one of the main supports vs single rare monsters etc.

If you really want to play with so many endurance charges this 4L is a good option for you:
1. CWDT LvL 1
2. Enduring Cry(LvL 5 Max)
3. Spell Echo
4. Enfeeble/Crit Weakness(LvL 5 Max) or other curses
It will make you have endurance charges up all the time.

Your skill tree looks ok for a standard character, but you should use power charges, so take the +1 power charge.

P.S. Also I am not sure why you'd go bloodmagic, this build works perfectly with 2% mana leech gear. Especially why go blood bloodmagic when you want to take Hatred? I really recommend you to read my main post.
Last edited by LMHTB on Aug 19, 2014, 10:15:12 AM
sure i read your post ;-)

crit for me is a bonus i get with staves now, i will definately not set power charge on crit into my setup. my post was just a lil scratch i made yesterday, maybe increased crit chance or multiplier is an option.

i dont want max out dps, but be able to crit sometimes and much more defense.
yep, after seeing the unique staff and after i maybe got it, i will get +1 power charge @templar.

why blood magic?
because: Mortal Conviction has been changed to 60% less mana reservation (from 40% less).

dont know about auras though and where to find: new Champion of the cause aura node

maybe reworking that with some more reduced mana nodes, i dunno yet.

and i will use: Herald of Ash - channel fire through you hands, adding fire to you physical damage. If you kill an enemy with an attack, other enemies near them will be ignited for the overkill damage.
that will be even greater for maxed crit & multiplier set up.

i will start save, can spec to max crit / multiplier later if i got gear and can run high lvl maps easily. they changed some resistanced and their amount on mobs - read under "general balance changes".

anyways, maybe i will even go for cast when stunned + discharge + ele prolif + life leech (maybe later make 5-6l out of it)

nothing set atm, based things on 1.2 patch notes:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/14JM-RjYcgQ9MZeELGlVQ1DVd4owBI41cH7X_XShtvew/preview?sle=true
Last edited by gloobonious on Aug 19, 2014, 12:34:58 PM
It's your decision.

Just wondering why you talk about "much more defense" and do not take Iron Reflexes + Unwavering Stance...
Also weird why take all Crit nodes for staves and two handers when you just want to "crit sometimes"?! Was there ever a reason for this in the histoy of PoE? Pretty sure not.

I've read the patchnotes this still means that you reserve 24% of your Life for Hatred. With a LvL 17 Reduced Mana this is 18% Life reserved in total. And then you say you'd take reduced mana nodes and waste more points for this nonsense?! Serisouly think about that...
unwavering stance is 2 points away, easy pick up but in high life builds with a cast when stunned not needed, want to try that out.

iron reflex is a waste for pure armor char.

i will maybe try out reduced mana nodes, and they are no waste or even nonsense. dont know how many nodes are nearby, but if you can pump up that base reserve to 70%+ (easy 4 points north of templar) its a huge difference if you want more than one aura with BM.
and yes, i seriously think about that.

"weird to take all crit nodes for staves and two handers when you just want to "crit sometimes"?! Was there ever a reason for this in the histoy of PoE? Pretty sure not."
.. how many pure crit nodes did i spec?! lol you are a morron if you play without resolute technique and dont spec them! you can easily play without them until 70 and spec towards them later and go for much more crit. and sometimes is a 40-70% chance depending on weapon crit

1st answer you gave:
"I tested all these things and I already played 2 Crit Staff characters. That means that I should have a clue what the best links are^^"
.. didnt say anything about that.

2nd now that last post.
read properly. didnt say you build is shit or anything, but what do you want to achieve with that thread - that everybody says great and plays that build (which doesnt exist atm in 1.2)

so, for you:
why iron reflexes? what armor are you wearing?
Vaal Pact (When having high Chaos Res to combinate with Blood Rage)? lol you want that to counter reflect death on a hight crit
pre 1.2 (which is now) only 2% mana leech isnt enought to keep mana up with 5 to 6L.
where are the 1.2 builds?
spectral sucks with staffs compared to fast attacking weapons.
link your items, dont post wiki links if you said you played two crit staff chars.

you take things by far too serious.
thread closed for me, sorry for bothering you. i just started playing though, i am a noob ;o)
"
gloobonious wrote:

you take things by far too serious.
thread closed for me, sorry for bothering you. i just started playing though, i am a noob ;o)

Yeah, now I see what you are and I never should have taken you for serious. Better do not post in others build threads to spread shit, your last post shows you have no idea what you're talking about. hf&gl bye

P.S.
Uploaded a gameplay video because of that guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOJOY8l-3Zc&feature=youtu.be
Last edited by LMHTB on Aug 19, 2014, 3:35:41 PM
I'd like to know why do you choose Lightning Strike as the main skill.
Spectral Throw (Deals 46%-65% of Base Damage)
is not the best for Staves because Staves can have max 1.59 APS. Just try to get a staff with high aps, high damage per hit and with high crit chance... impossible http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/556020. But if you can get such a staff Spectral Throw will make the end game really really safe.
Lightning Strike deals more damage tho: 120% of Base Damage and you shock enemies when you crit.

Ground Slam (Deals 80% of Base Damage, Radius 35)
is pretty strong, because you will stun a lot. The problem is the physical reflect with this skill when having a high dps staff.
Lightning Strike has no problem with physical reflect and deals more damage. Only elemental reflect can be a problem, but in that case you can switch Hatred with Haste and Added Fire Dmg with Life Leech. That will make Double Reflect maps playable as well.

Sweep (Damage effectiveness 75%, Radius 20)
is the the bad version of Ground Slam, you lose Range and Reduced Stun Threshold, but you get a circle AOE and a chance to Knockback? What shit...

Molten Strike (Deals 120% of base damage, Radius 20)
has the same range problem as Sweep but has much much more Damage.
Lightning Strike is still the superior Skill for AoE.

Flicker Strike (Deals 125% of Base Damage, 1% Quality = +4% inc. Crit Chance)
"
LMHTB wrote:
Spoiler

"
Epsilon2012 wrote:

LMHTB...You for sure need to try flicker...if I can clear without crit, using a 20% Flicker will give +80% to crit, which puts it above other skills in crit chance.

When I planned this build, I was aware of Flicker Strike, that means I tested it already while leveling and I didnt like it. With my other Builds (Crit and non crit) everytime I tried Flicker Strike, I didnt like it, in that case I think the skill design failed, of course the damage is high, but it is no fun. It's just for people who can endure that "Flickering"...
About Desync, if your APS is high enough, you will desync 100%.

Infernal Blow (Damage effectiveness 125%, Radius 15)
less AOE than other Skills, Tons of damage, instant death vs Ele Reflect, forces you to play with Life Leech.

Cyclone (desync= 100%)
Never ever lol.
Last edited by LMHTB on Aug 20, 2014, 10:56:26 AM
bump
DPS Screens for 1.2 added

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info