Jan 12: 3h Solo HC

RNG boss slapped me around pretty hard this race :( other than that good race guys
For my first race ever this was pretty cool and it got me really fixed for the coming ones.

Started late and with about 10 minutes left I died because I was too stupid to drink my flask.

Well I guess experience pays off in the future.
I wish there was more variation to race settings, I feel right now a lot of players have perfected these runs and the only thing seperating the top players are RNG and some small mistakes or lag issues.

Turbo is a nice change, maybe something similar to that should be implemented, +monster packs, +monster damage, -life regen, -resist or anything that would change things a bit.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
"
Odoakar wrote:
I wish there was more variation to race settings, I feel right now a lot of players have perfected these runs and the only thing seperating the top players are RNG and some small mistakes or lag issues.

Turbo is a nice change, maybe something similar to that should be implemented, +monster packs, +monster damage, -life regen, -resist or anything that would change things a bit.

"
Farystar wrote:
Always same people on top. It's not even fun to race 'cause i know who is going to be on top =/.

Also died twice...meh this races are to stressfull for me and i can see that there are people, who play this for countless of hours and you cant reach them. Maybe i will do 1 week races in the future, but this short ones, meh not for me :).

I guess i just like to take time when bulding my char up :). Dont get me wrong, congrats to the people who can pown at such fast pace :).

I am saying that also, but we seem ignored. There will always be people, who have much more time to perfect such things Odoakar. We just have to accept that fact ^^ :P.
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3
Last edited by Farystar on Jan 12, 2013, 4:18:16 AM
lol funny that now people are saying the same things about solo races as they did about parties. Arent you going to say that solo races require more skill anymore =P?
solid racing invalesco!
"
Metronomy wrote:
lol funny that now people are saying the same things about solo races as they did about parties. Arent you going to say that solo races require more skill anymore =P?

^ Cant complain if the ones with skill are at the top every week. :)
"
Odoakar wrote:

Once you take out the lag issues (assuming desync etc will eventually be fixed), were left with skill and rng deciding the winners. Considering this is an arpg, everything appears to be working as intended.

Turbo is good, most those other suggestions not so much. +damage, -regen etc are just going to hugely narrow the winners down to a couple of very specific builds/classes. More monsters might work in the same way more speed works (turbo), though i think just randomizing the monsters that appear in each area (pre-race ramdomization, so every player would get the same monster spawns and would be unable to change them via instance resets) would be much more interesting and also more effective since it wouldnt introduce any netcode or mechanics issues.

"
Metronomy wrote:

Solo races definitely require more skill. You dont get to spend most (or all) of your time chilling in an easy grinding zone, you dont get to be decked out in the best of 6 players worth of loot for the rushes or boss kills you do (if any), and you take 100% of the monster aggro 100% of the time. No arbitrary experience gain bonus either.

Party races require solid teamwork and communication, but the gameplay in general is made much easier by grouping. That said, id like to see both modes be roughly equal in overall difficulty (even if said difficulty comes in different forms for each mode); hopefully some of the suggestions made to this effect will eventually be implimented.
IGN: KoTao

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info