Jan 10: 1h Party HC

"
Dogorox wrote:
I know its a 1hr, but without rewards for level milestones why would anyone not in one of the top groups bother with this race? You can practice on your own with an oven timer...
You can go for the full clear/quest rewards.
"
Morsexier wrote:
"
Ramza11 wrote:
I don't like 1 hour races. They are too dependent on RNG imo and I don't think that demigods should be awarded to 10 ms boots off hillock. I think for OB the cap should be 2 hours+.

While I normally agree, since its a party race this wont mean jack shit.

I'd say we intentionally dont use MS in our party or the other party and when one of us wins, yes.

Easy enough to solve, and that is make MS only spawn on level 8+ boots, but i guess that makes a larger overall problem for the Devs which isnt worth it just to smooth our RNG in short term races.

Yes I agree, I think 1H races should not reward demigods at all, it is a rather silly duration but I don't mind having it just for the sake of having something different as long as the reward is not the same as say the 3H races.

Balancing issues now is somewhat of a problem, you see WoW was never able to properly balance the game because of the two different game entities of PvE and PVP. I know these are two very different games but you get my point.

In Path of Exile, we have PvE, PvP and Races, it is almost impossible to balance around these formats. When anything is competitive you will always bring in the argument of "balance" and "rng". As these two elements are fundamental in competition. But also, these two elements are impossible to effectively balance with the limitation of a game's design and mechanics.

There is no doubt that rng plays a role but it is also no doubt that rng is only part of the role in doing good in races otherwise we would not see the same players doing good every time. Of course there will always be players that have good luck and always players that have bad luck, that is the nature of rng.

I like the ms boots idea though mors, pretty cool.

"
Ramza11 wrote:
I don't like 1 hour races. They are too dependent on RNG imo and I don't think that demigods should be awarded to 10 ms boots off hillock. I think for OB the cap should be 2 hours+.

I don't think MS boots will have such a big impact in 1 hour. your dps + aoe killing speed and the type of instances will spawn will matter the most (density of mobs/magic monsters/finding exits fast)

MS boots from hillock and 3 hours, now thats a difference.
IGN: Rollface
it really makes no sense, my team have tried practicing 5 times now, 2 of the times was ledge farm only where we reached lvl 16-17 in both runs and then we tried to reach act 2 in one of the runs and farmed river crossing, and ended race halfway into dark forest and only reaching lvl 13, after that we tried cavern of wrath 2 times reaching lvl 12 only.

so ledge farm it is.
How do i change my signature?
I am looking for a team. Been practicing on ranger and shadow mostly, but also marauder. 1 hour test waas bets performed on a ranger.

I want that Demigod badly :P.

If you want to add me on skype Blizzsweeping and send me pm i will come back in an hour or 2 max. So 1 hour before start.

Best Regards Fary :)
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3
Seriously thinking of sneaking out of work twenty minutes early to make it home in time for this
S L O W E R
well. i would love to enter. but i got to work. so.. fuck.
Smoother than Smooth.
Team communication and fluidity will win this race, not movement speed boots.
http://twitch.tv/carpola - Check me out!
Looking for 4 other people to do the race with. So far we have a ranger and a cold witch. Message me on here or in game if you are interested. '

Full now guys, thanks.
Last edited by VoidMoon on Jan 9, 2013, 3:40:09 PM
Also looking for a party. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info