Need some support to get stream going.

^
^ bumbing last few times then ill let it die out.

Support me if you want to and are able to.
Dont waste time hating on me, ive explained why im doing this.
If you do not believe me thats fine, in that case just ignore the thread.
^
It's not that I don't believe you, it's more that I have not enough hours in a day nor the inclination to watch others play video games.

I wish you the best of luck but if someone hasn't stepped up to help by now then chances are there isn't enough interest.

"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

I understand ;)

You're probably right.. i might bumb it a little while longer to be sure but yeh.
Nobody has stepped up till now wich isnt much of an suprise ofc.

Even tho i was secretly hoping someone would :)

Anyway thanks for your kind words.
^
Spoiler
no
www.twitch.tv/ephixagames
Spoiler
Thanks for the bumb
Get OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) and learn to use and configure it (there are many tutorials).

Set a schedule you are willing to broadcast. Length of the streams doesn't matter much as long you are able to stream in a continuous streak. Play the games you like to play instead of trying to gather players in every hype, else you'll find yourself playing games sooner or later you might not really enjoy.

You'll get new users with every different title you play. If you change the title often, they will jump off and only your real fans will stay. You can somewhat build an actual community that way.

Don't promote volunteers to moderators who ask for mod rights. You'll want to avoid drama which comes with the power creep of such people. Instead promote clear and common rules and let some frequenters execute them if needed. Being able to rely someone you know for long would be ideal, but is not always given.

Don't ask for donations. Answering donation questions is okay
and giving people the possibility to donate in a subtle way can be given.

Communication with your audience is essential, I would say. If you can't handle it yourself in the flow of a game, get some ideas to communicate with your audience nonetheless (Chat Breaks, Co-Moderators). Not every game warrants constant communication with your followers, especially fast paced titles. Be transparent about it and inform your audience about it.

Everybody got bad days. If you have one, you can be honest about it, don't let it affect your audience thou. People are watching to be entertained, not to see frowns all over the place. If users share bad experiences of the day and overdo it, ask them to clear the chat out of negativity for the sake of letting the rest of your audience have some fun.

Just some stuff over my head from observing several professional streamers with a diverse, community orientated program or overall pleasant communities.

Edit:

Lol, just saw that he only wants some bucks.
Now I feel bad for actually giving advice.

There are so many good games to stream, even with a lower-end PC.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Dec 8, 2013, 6:08:51 AM
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
Get OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) and learn to use and configure it (there are many tutorials).

Set a schedule you are willing to broadcast. Length of the streams doesn't matter much as long you are able to stream in a continuous streak. Play the games you like to play instead of trying to gather players in every hype, else you'll find yourself playing games sooner or later you might not really enjoy.

You'll get new users with every different title you play. If you change the title often, they will jump off and only your real fans will stay. You can somewhat build an actual community that way.

Don't promote volunteers to moderators who ask for mod rights. You'll want to avoid drama which comes with the power creep of such people. Instead promote clear and common rules and let some frequenters execute them if needed. Being able to rely someone you know for long would be ideal, but is not always given.

Don't ask for donations. Answering donation questions is okay
and giving people the possibility to donate in a subtle way can be given.

Communication with your audience is essential, I would say. If you can't handle it yourself in the flow of a game, get some ideas to communicate with your audience nonetheless (Chat Breaks, Co-Moderators). Not every game warrants constant communication with your followers, especially fast paced titles. Be transparent about it and inform your audience about it.

Everybody got bad days. If you have one, you can be honest about it, don't let it affect your audience thou. People are watching to be entertained, not to see frowns all over the place. If users share bad experiences of the day and overdo it, ask them to clear the chat out of negativity for the sake of letting the rest of your audience have some fun.

Just some stuff over my head from observing several professional streamers with a diverse, community orientated program or overall pleasant communities.

Edit:

Lol, just saw that he only wants some bucks.
Now I feel bad for actually giving advice.

There are so many good games to stream, even with a lower-end PC.

Thanks alot for taking time to type out so many tips, i appriciate it.
Ive been looking into OBS and got it to somewhat work tho i need to figure some things out still.

I dont want you and rest reading this to missunderstand me tho.
Im not afther *just some bucks* i made this thread because im im playing POE almost all the time atm, and would love to stream it. so i made this to see if there is anyone that would WANT to support me trying to stream POE for many hours everyday.

Im already strongly considering to stream D2 later, especcialy afther you gave me some awesome advice but im just so hooked on POE atm and doing pretty well in nemesis, that i dont want to shift my attention to other games to much.

Your advice has not gone to waste kind sir!

Last edited by Drogarn on Dec 8, 2013, 12:38:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info