Bot Hax Using In The Races

"
Morsexier wrote:
...how much of a joke it is that zero map hackers have been banned and it has not been addressed by anyone from GGG to any relevant satisfaction from anyone in the race community.

Well there was that previous stance of "no punitive action until we can rule out false positives" that was apparently preventing them from handing out maphack bans, but they later didnt hesitate to indiscriminately hand out "no orb drops" flags when they thought people were botting/cheating- hitting plenty of innocent players in the process- so who knows why exactly theyre still holding out at this point.

"
Morsexier wrote:
As far as I'm concerned, its 13th century England around here, you are guilty until proven innocent.

Thats the spirit!
IGN: KoTao
"
Hassefar60 wrote:
I Apologise to Slippster for mis-quoting his words. It was entirely wrong for me to do that, and for this I owe him my eternal sorrow and beg his forgiveness for being such an over bearing shame to GGG.

Apology Accepted :))
"
Slippster wrote:
"
Hassefar60 wrote:
I Apologise to Slippster for mis-quoting his words. It was entirely wrong for me to do that, and for this I owe him my eternal sorrow and beg his forgiveness for being such an over bearing shame to GGG.

Apology Accepted :))

Hey no problem :)

You had a good point in your original post, but the tone was a little.. too much.

"
Morsexier wrote:
As far as I'm concerned, its 13th century England around here, you are guilty until proven innocent.

Sadly, this is true; and also quite problematic because it produces a (potentially) huge amount of false positives. You might as well ban everyone who does not stream : /.

Maybe the computers of the players you name cannot handle streaming their play sessions (I have my doubts).
Last edited by Hassefar60 on Nov 28, 2013, 2:33:08 PM
In 13th century England you were guilty even after being proven innocent.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
One Good Turn Deserves Another ! Have A Nice day !

Last edited by Slippster on Nov 28, 2013, 4:49:00 PM
"
Hassefar60 wrote:

You had a good point in your original post, as we have widespread reports of exploiting players, and we are looking into it, as this is a SERIOUS MATTER and we simply will not tolerate the loss of anyone's enjoyment because of a few who are selfish. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. If there is anything else we can do, please feel free to bring the matter to our attention as we have an open door policy at GGG and we respect the views of our players in these matters

Its the least i could do, when you see it, SAY IT. ;))
Thanks, and have a nice Holiday
"
Slippster wrote:
Its the least i could do, when you see it, SAY IT. ;))
Thanks, and have a nice Holiday

When I see what? That you have learned how to start a sentence with a capital letter? Everyone reading these forums knows that a quote can be faked, can easily tell when it is the case, and knows that it is done as a joke. Screenshots on the other hand..

P.S. My holiday does starts in a month, but thank you.
Yes, i can see that you take your job seriously, and would never do anything to jeapordise your position of power.

Thank You, Drive Through.

Sorry Boof, I know it is your job to post that picture.
Last edited by Hassefar60 on Nov 28, 2013, 5:10:34 PM
Some high ranking racers are indeed using the cheat which needs 2 lines of code to be detected.

Especially Descent Champions made me wonder that some players were able to reach the first boss within 4min(in the first race) when I need up to 12min on my worst dead end runs.

I even died some DC races because I couldn't get out of a dead end and the door was blocked by freezing pulse mobs) and I usually need 10 minutes to get out of lower sceptre of god style areas and I consider myself horrible in the first 3(4 with freezing chamber) areas since I see friends already in the Banditzone when I am in the Freezingpulse Zone.

Even some streamers are questionable because they don't stream all races.
I got some really good racers on my FL and I see that they are behind me if they lack a weapon/certain itemmods or I am behind them when I lack a weapon. I experienced several missing itemupgrades and the progression delay was up to 40 minutes because you needed 3-4 hits to kill a white pack instead of 1-2.

"
Well there was that previous stance of "no punitive action until we can rule out false positives" that was apparently preventing them from handing out maphack bans, but they later didnt hesitate to indiscriminately hand out "no orb drops" flags when they thought people were botting/cheating- hitting plenty of innocent players in the process- so who knows why exactly theyre still holding out at this point.

The sad part isn't it doesn't even require a major antidetection code to detect the cheat with 100% accuracy.

To find botters is another matter. Botters are just STUPID. They come from D2 where Blizzard stopped caring a decade ago.
How likely is it that a new player is clearing all areas and opening all chests for example?
Or look how they are walking they use a pathfinder which determines a path depending on the surroundings and you can say they are "WALL huggers".
Sure the bot detection might hit innocent players but that's an issue with Orb drops and Gear progression.
You can't get chaos orbs anymore by doing lower boss runs and sell 1 chaos for 2 alchemy orbs.
You are stuck and must grind easy areas for hours and hours and those are also botspots.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info