Tried to set up a decent DW Marauder Build for lvl 60 ~

im currently working on DW mara plan for OB. its going great. sure, duelist is probably better. but the mara has access to far more life nodes. i took your build and put a spin on it, most resistances can be capped with gear end game. and the two 15% nodes will be plenty to get started. also, to note, by 60 if you decide to take the skillpoint from the bandit quests, youll have somewhere around 70 points to allocate, which is what i did. i hope this helps a bit.

see if you like it, high HP builds lose out on dps, but dual strike and cleave are still a good combination.

EDIT: i actually really like venatorPoE's suggestion. sacrificing the 1h dmg area from mara start for the endurance charges. however, i re pathed the templar area to save 2 points and then allocated them over by iron reflexes for an additional 10 dex 4%att speed and 18% dmg

The answer is 42.
Last edited by dieslave on Jan 8, 2013, 1:51:48 PM
"
dieslave wrote:
EDIT: i actually really like venatorPoE's suggestion. sacrificing the 1h dmg area from mara start for the endurance charges. however, i re pathed the templar area to save 2 points and then allocated them over by iron reflexes for an additional 10 dex 4%att speed and 18% dmg

Thank you. So yeah, I see what you did there. You removed 1 point near starting area (+12% physical damage) as well, so you really gained 12% damage less - but it doesn't matter. Because this is where personal preference comes to play. I prefer to go the other route because I open up the two +30 attribute nodes, Dex and Int, so in case I need them, they are 1 point away, and I also dislike elemental nodes on melee builds.

On a side note, Endurance Charges make a crazy difference; I would grab as many as possible on every single melee build. You know how Armour works worse and worse as the damage you take increases? Endurance Charges will always provide their 5% physical resistance per charge. And of course, the extra elemental resistance means you can have more freedom in picking out your items.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
"
VenatorPoE wrote:
"
dieslave wrote:

Thank you. So yeah, I see what you did there. You removed 1 point near starting area (+12% physical damage) as well, so you really gained 12% damage less - but it doesn't matter. Because this is where personal preference comes to play. I prefer to go the other route because I open up the two +30 attribute nodes, Dex and Int, so in case I need them, they are 1 point away, and I also dislike elemental nodes on melee builds.

On a side note, Endurance Charges make a crazy difference; I would grab as many as possible on every single melee build. You know how Armour works worse and worse as the damage you take increases? Endurance Charges will always provide their 5% physical resistance per charge. And of course, the extra elemental resistance means you can have more freedom in picking out your items.

Whoops! Your right about that first node. Forgot about that. But your right, its all personal preference. I havnt actually had much extensive testing with ele dmg nodes since "the great elemental dmg nerf of 2012"(ahh legacy op'ness).... anyways. Back to my pint. It still may actually be better with that route because you end up with more str. Might actually be better in the long run. Also, hadnt thought about thes splash stat nodes. Usually I'm behind on gear to lvl so the off stats hadn't really bothered me.

The answer is 42.
"
dieslave wrote:
im currently working on DW mara plan for OB. its going great. sure, duelist is probably better. but the mara has access to far more life nodes. i took your build and put a spin on it, most resistances can be capped with gear end game. and the two 15% nodes will be plenty to get started. also, to note, by 60 if you decide to take the skillpoint from the bandit quests, youll have somewhere around 70 points to allocate, which is what i did. i hope this helps a bit.

see if you like it, high HP builds lose out on dps, but dual strike and cleave are still a good combination.

This is the one im trying atm., The Endurance Charges im going to pick with the skillpoints after 60. They seem pretty strong for me, but when i started this thread, my marauder was already level 10~ where i picked the 1h area from the mara start. Maybe i try to respecc them in my way up to 60.

Thanks for your feedback! :)
"
holoas wrote:
(...) when i started this thread, my marauder was already level 10~ where i picked the 1h area from the mara start. Maybe i try to respecc them in my way up to 60.

If your character is anywhere up to level 50 (even 60) it is a safe bet to just create a new one, and it will quickly reach level 50 again. Of course that also depends on how messed up the passive skill tree is; if its only some 10-ish points, you get about that many free respec points from missions. In your case with a level 10 character, you can make a new one and make it level 10 within minutes; literally.
Actually the Character is level 19, and i skilled like this now:

Last edited by holoas on Jan 9, 2013, 12:16:54 PM
I really don't understand why everyone skips the crit strike resistance nodes. They are really useful and provide better point efficiency than going all around with the 10 str nodes...
"
VenatorPoE wrote:
I really don't understand why everyone skips the crit strike resistance nodes. They are really useful and provide better point efficiency than going all around with the 10 str nodes...

I did it in my build to save 1 passive point. However after reaching mid 50s. I've already made the tweaks to grab thoes two nodes at the cost of 20str. Its worth it! Trial and error has taught me that.
The answer is 42.
Good that there are respecc points.:)
For now im doing well so far. But who knows, as you guys say, the important part begins at level 60, and i belive that. So lets see how its going to be then.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info