[Nemesis] Bob's Detonate dead build

I'm currently doing the most damage compared to anyone on nemesis. 1 Shotted Maze vaal boss(74 map), 1 shotted double boss shipyard(77 map). I'm also currently sitting at 11k ES.

Me clearing a 77 Shrine map(reflect map) in about 6 mins.(including the boss)

RIP: Died to a crash in Palace(78 map)

Passive Skill Tree

Current Gear:

Spoiler

5L is either conc effect or increased AoE. At your preference.

Bandits:

Kill all bandits

Leveling:

Buy a searing touch and level as discharge(you have to be careful against reflect until you go CI). You should switch to CI at around Level 74(then go for the void barrier wheel). You should start leveling an empower 20% quality from level 1 because it takes a really long time to level up.

Gearing Up:

Weapon: Scepter are better than wand because they buff detonate dead as well.

Armor: Just go for the highest amount of ES on gear.

Jewerly: Get the double curse ring and dream fragment. Try to get Fire damage and dex on ur ammy.

Shield: Spell damage is good on the shield if you can get it.

Gems: Q detonate dead, Q Chance to ignite, Q Increase Aoe x 3(you dont really need to get 3 quality ... 1 is good enough for DD), Q ele weakness, Q Flammability, Q conc effect, Q ele prolif, Q Fire trap. (Gems are in order of importance of getting them high quality)

How does it play:

You double curse (flammability and ele weakness) then throw fire trap then detonate dead to finish off the remaining. Use freeze mine to freeze any monsters that you think are dangerous.(the links for all the gems are in the current gear section).

If you have any question about the build or want to see the build in action you can come and check it on my stream

Last edited by FleepQc on May 14, 2014, 1:19:19 AM
Thanks for sharing!
A few minutes of gameplay in a map on twitch would be awesome!
IGN: Scordalia_
Cool build, Frostbite for? Why not just have Faster Casting?
IGN: TP_Dat_Rock

Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/843358
some monster are really hard to freeze in higher level map ... so frosbite deals with it
"
FleepQc wrote:
some monster are really hard to freeze in higher level map ... so frosbite deals with it

So it's map specific?
IGN: TP_Dat_Rock

Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/843358
can you say which gems for this really need quality? you mentioned empower, but before I start want to know if I should buy any others.

thanks, love the stream btw
IGN: adrft
Added
Last edited by FleepQc on Nov 25, 2013, 10:07:54 PM
Fire trap spam on bosses? How does this build work for soloing maps?
There are usually pack of blues around the boss. You kill the blues with fire trap then detonate dead them. Tested the jungle valley boss and I one shotted the boss with 1 detonate dead.
Two improvements I could do with the gems:

3L the shield and add Faster Casting
Put 1 of the curses in the boots for Reduced Mana to affect them
Chrome the Helm to BBBR and use Reduced Mana in it as well for the other 2 curses

The downside is that Frostbite loses the Increased AOE...

One thing I don't get: How the hell do you manage to cast the skills while running two Auras? I can't figure how/when to use Lavianga's flask.

-EDIT: OK, I got it... +mana on 4-5 items bring it up to 900+ and that's enough to almost spam your skills.
Last edited by Zoxjib on Nov 29, 2013, 6:18:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info