How do you do a map solo?

I've tried 2 maps now in the eternal lab, and both times I after killing a few mobs 4 or 5 people just walk in on my map and start killing everything, without me even creating any party.

How are they doing this? I wasn't in any party or anything. How can I prevent this from happening I hate grouping it lags my FPS terribly and people keep picking up my loot before I can
Uhh, somethings messed up here ... i solo my maps all the time with no problems.
GGG - Why you no?
If their minimap icon is a red x. They are definatley not in your group and something is seriously wrong.. if its green. You are somehow in a paty with them. Be sure to check you are not still in a party from earlier because even if everyone else leaves the party. The lead will tansfer to you and the paty stays open.
The answer is 42.
You positive that you haven't been inviting people into groups to trade and then forgetting to leave them before you start a Map?

If not then something is really really wrong.
Beyond_Bow_BobMKIII Level 80 Tornado Shot Scion
My recommendations (since we dont know your full situation):

1. Before entering lab, check your party list and leave party (from trading / partying).
2. Relog character before entering lab.
Running isn't freedom. You should know that.
ighnaz - Thanks for the beta key!!!!
I HAVE NO MORE BETA KEYS!!
Also it's possible for people to enter your map even after you leave a group if you open the map while partied

So for example if you are a fellshrine group, you leave the zone and open a map then quit the group to enter those people can still enter after you quit. Or say you leave a map to trade with someone and party with them in town, they can enter you map also after you quit the group.
The first map I tried, I honestly didn't make sure I wasn't partied, so I could have been partied from earlier and forgotten.

However the second map I tried, I didn't want that to happen again, so I opened my party tab and checked before I opened the map. I wasn't in any party. But sure enough after killing 2 or 3 mobs, I see people start zoning in, and I'm just like WTF?
Last edited by weldorr on Jan 2, 2013, 6:55:53 PM
Didn't happen to catch names or anything did you(the second time)? Also this may really need a Devs attention.
"
weldorr wrote:
The first map I tried, I honestly didn't make sure I wasn't partied, so I could have been partied from earlier and forgotten.

However the second map I tried, I didn't want that to happen again, so I opened my party tab and checked before I opened the map. I wasn't in any party. But sure enough after killing 2 or 3 mobs, I see people start zoning in, and I'm just like WTF?

This means that they still had the instance to the lab that you guys were in. So, even tho you did leave the party, because they had access to the previous lab instance mean that they could enter your maps.
Running isn't freedom. You should know that.
ighnaz - Thanks for the beta key!!!!
I HAVE NO MORE BETA KEYS!!
But if he created the new Lab instance after he left party then how could they have access, I mean it was created afterwards. Otherwise every time we grouped for anything those people would be able to pop into any instance we created even after leaving.
Last edited by Zeshin on Jan 2, 2013, 7:28:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info