Descent: Champions Information

realy lookin forward to this
sounds like fun
Looks great !
Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.
Great! I wondered about a forking descent race, and thought it would be a good idea. Now we have one :)

Also how about a race based on maps - starting with really low-level ones, but so you can use currency to try and tailor the difficulty progression...

"
Sometimes I wish the starting provision chests could be opened and the items collected prior to the "start" of the race; that way you actually have time to look over your gear and gem selection and plan accordingly instead of the current "3 seconds to grab what you want and sprint ahead" thing it is now.

I second that - I haven't played that many races (but intend to with more EU evening races), so am generally working it out from scratch... Would allow different races to have arbitrary different starting gear too...
"
Zoen wrote:
"
In the starting area, you'll receive provisions from a chest. The contents of these chests differ by class and contain basic skills and white items. There are also two chests that contain special Unique items. You can pick one from each chest to aid you with the challenge.

Sometimes I wish the starting provision chests could be opened and the items collected prior to the "start" of the race; that way you actually have time to look over your gear and gem selection and plan accordingly instead of the current "3 seconds to grab what you want and sprint ahead" thing it is now.

This,it would be really helpful.
Splendid!
Deutscher Chat: /global 4745
Tried my 1st races yesterday and loved it, looking forward to this one!
Steam: teemu92
This is epic, gonna mirror my driftwooden club.
"
Chris wrote:
Because characters and items can't leave Descent: Champions, we've been more generous with what crafting currency is given in chests.

It's a pity that GGG took shallow aspect of aRPG heritage on its way to create true tradecore experience for tradecore games, because if we would be able to collect gear during races to strengthen our characters, races would be more interesting than mere curiosity to play from time to time.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
Last edited by tmaciak on Nov 21, 2013, 4:45:53 AM
My body is ready.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
tmaciak wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Because characters and items can't leave Descent: Champions, we've been more generous with what crafting currency is given in chests.

It's a pity that GGG took shallow aspect of aRPG heritage on its way to create true tradecore experience for tradecore games, because if we would be able to collect gear during races to strengthen our characters, races would be more interesting than mere curiosity to play from time to time.

What are you complaining about. The only races that don't get characters and gear transfered are the Decent and Endless Ledge races.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Last edited by Sneakypaw on Nov 21, 2013, 4:47:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info