[1.2.x] Oos' Crit Dagger Capped Block Ranger (Reave / Flicker / Double Strike) Acrobatics or IR

Great build I think I will run a variation of this in the upcoming 1-week race.
Tried a shadow version without IR or Acro and it felt way too squishy, so I will just go with good ol' Grace+IR combo for easy 10k armor.

If someone with some experience could take a look at my spec and tell me where I dun goofed, I'd be very grateful.

Also, how much lightning damage do you need to get shock stacks reliably?
"
hscorpio wrote:
Great build I think I will run a variation of this in the upcoming 1-week race.
Tried a shadow version without IR or Acro and it felt way too squishy, so I will just go with good ol' Grace+IR combo for easy 10k armor.

If someone with some experience could take a look at my spec and tell me where I dun goofed, I'd be very grateful.

Also, how much lightning damage do you need to get shock stacks reliably?

Should be fine, I'd pick up the 2% block nodes when you're higher level, they're a flat 2% average damage mitigation so will help a lot. Also get that 6% attack speed node at start of Duelist and Trickery in Shadow. But they're all just bonuses for higher level so your base tree looks fine really.

As for lightning damage, it's hard to say an exact number of course, but with crits you don't need too much lightning damage to shock white mobs, just get it on 2 pieces of gear and you should be fine. You wont be shocking blues/rares with gear rolled lightning damage though.

Good luck in the race.
IGN: @Oos
Thank you for your insight. :)
I was planning to pick up the additional block nodes after 85, but I figured I'd rather get more survivability earlier, so I dropped a few of the plain crit nodes in the shadow area to get the extra block nodes. Since I'm planning to utilize power charges, I guess I'll hardly feel the loss of 40% crit.

"
Also get that 6% attack speed node at start of Duelist and Trickery in Shadow.

I'll definitely grab the 6% atk speed at the start, but I'll drop it later when I reach the attack speed nodes in the shadow area. Only so many point to spend, sadly :/

"
Good luck in the race.

Thank you. Hope I don't die to something stupid, like my fat-fingering :D
Last edited by hscorpio on Nov 21, 2014, 4:22:06 AM
Pardon me if this was asked already...the thread is nearly 90 pages long. My question is if I can do this as a Shadow instead of Ranger? How would the leveling process be then? And final build?

Also, how come you don't take Ondar's Guile?
You can check out my guide for a shadow variant that plays similar to this build (crit dagger reave). Link is in sig.
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
"
faraazahmed wrote:
Pardon me if this was asked already...the thread is nearly 90 pages long. My question is if I can do this as a Shadow instead of Ranger? How would the leveling process be then? And final build?

Also, how come you don't take Ondar's Guile?

You can start as Shadow, Ranger, or Duelist, just swap the very starting path. For leveling I'd most focus on hp, then some crit, then Acrobatic/Ondar's, then finally filling out all the crit/block.

Ondar's Guile should be in the final build in the main post? I don't think I have it on my main character anymore because it's only used for PvP now.

The main post is kind of a mess now, it's been updated so many times and I haven't done PvE with this build for over a year, just just a SC PvP guy. I mainly just play for 2 months every new HC temp league.
Last edited by Oos on Nov 30, 2014, 3:09:47 PM
Hi mate, I'm planning to follow the most parts of this build in the next league. But I have two questions : 1/ is there a reason beside more crit/crit multi on the amulet why you don't use Stone of Lazhwar in PvE ? 2/ Do you think 100-ish unreserved mana is engouh for multistrike+reave ? Because since 1.2.0 we can now add Herald of Ash to the Hatred+Tempest shield combo. On a base of 500 mana, that's 120 unreserved mana with a level 20 reduced mana gem.
IGN : @Morgoth
Last edited by Morgoth2356 on Dec 3, 2014, 7:32:10 AM
With the 1.3 tree nerfing crits and block heavily it seems this build is getting a big nerf again. My fav build still tho.
Steam- squurellkiller
IGN- Sir_Loots (Standard)
"
Morgoth2356 wrote:
Hi mate, I'm planning to follow the most parts of this build in the next league. But I have two questions : 1/ is there a reason beside more crit/crit multi on the amulet why you don't use Stone of Lazhwar in PvE ? 2/ Do you think 100-ish unreserved mana is engouh for multistrike+reave ? Because since 1.2.0 we can now add Herald of Ash to the Hatred+Tempest shield combo. On a base of 500 mana, that's 120 unreserved mana with a level 20 reduced mana gem.

1. The amulet slot is probably the second most important slot for crit builds (after a weapon). It just provides too much damage. I have a Stone of Laz in my inventory for some boss fights though. Use Laz if you prefer.

2. Yeah should be fine, as long as you can leech your mana back you'll be fine. I think some people were uisng as little as 5-60 unreserved with this build before.

"
With the 1.3 tree nerfing crits and block heavily it seems this build is getting a big nerf again. My fav build still tho.

Yeah the build is pretty dead lol. Gonna have to remove the block but the build is pretty vulnerable without it so rip.

The block change needed to happen because it was completely broken (especially as evasion), but I'm kinda lost now because every build I made was block based.

What you guys think of the 1.3 tree? Celestial Punishment in Templar is pretty OP, I'll probably just make a load of MoM spell casters next HC league.
Yeah, Templar got a huge buff. Either templar builds or some other melee builds IF the counter attack gems are useful in pve, but im guessing they're made for pvp.
Steam- squurellkiller
IGN- Sir_Loots (Standard)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info