[1.2.x] Oos' Crit Dagger Capped Block Ranger (Reave / Flicker / Double Strike) Acrobatics or IR

If anyone is intrested, this is how this build handles Abaxoth on Beyond:

http://www.twitch.tv/kullevi/c/5336617 (no bullshit, just highlighted to Abaxoth)

hi, can i use claw instead of dagger? i dont like daggers, but would try out this build.
Short last update since I consider this char done at this point. Only major upgrade past this point would be an insane dagger which would let me drop critmult passives along with some dmg gems and run some utility in the 6l instead. The build can still benefit from more lvls but going past 95 is a bit of a chore.

This thing can clear anything with ease except for the few chaos bosses, like JV or olmecs, swap in +chaos res if you want to kill those. Run pofire+polightning for atz/dnt/abax. Run poelements for elew maps. Bring flicker for certain bosses, for example the one in Whakawairua Tuahu. Most of the content looks like the video kullevi posted above: tank anything while you dps and keep flasks up. Only thing I wont attempt with this reaver is uber atz due to hc setting. Good rule of thumb is to have at least twice your Reave cost left as unreserved mana to not run into moments where you stall due to ooming (no issues for me at all at 35cost and 76mana left)

stats

Solo auras and pcharges up:
65k reave, 40k if lazymode with pcoc in the 6l instead (or if I want to drop critmult in physref maps).
32evade, 40dodge, 68block = ~87% avoidance to physhits.
46spelldodge, 75spellblock = ~87% avoidance to spells
~5.7k hp.
Capped res but not overcapped for curses but with my hit and crit% these days I got full uptime on wardings.

build

gear

It's been fun playing a build you could improve on for so long. Would like to thank Missuse and Kullevi for the discussions we've had around the build ingame. Now the wait begins for the next big patch with the new act to grind out something new. Should be around 5months? No idea what to do until then, maybe lld?!
Last edited by Lysithea on Nov 15, 2014, 1:44:59 AM
Hey guys, it's Oos.

I haven't been following the thread much for the past few months, cause I feel everything has been said and the build works fine still.

So on Beyond I got to level 94 with an Incinerate witch then died. So I decided to reroll a variation of this build. I'm only level 76 or something cause kinda bored of PoE again, but i'll write up a little about Molten Strike and also add this to the main topic.

So I've been playing this build but with Molten Strike and a few different changes.

GEAR

Molten Strike - MultiStrike - Melee Phys DMG - Added Fire DMG - PCoC
(Weapon Ele DMG and Crit DMG also good gem options)

With the gear, I chose Bino's because I'm playing HC and the regen is insane, the high crit also helps with earlier levels. I'd say to most of you to get a master bench crafted Ambusher because they're cheaper and more damage.

Lightning Coil. Everything else is standard. I need more dps rolls on gear (rings/gloves) but it's been hard to cap resists without using PoLight aura.
My auras are Grace + Herald of Ash + Prolif.
So focusing on fire damage I guess, didn't wanna use Hatred because it shatters corpses and doesn't give Ash overkill.
Pots are perfect for what I need.

Passive tree is the same I just get Point Blank to help with the projectiles on Molten Strike.
IGN: @Oos
Last edited by Oos on Oct 27, 2014, 4:18:48 PM
"
Kullevi wrote:
If anyone is intrested, this is how this build handles Abaxoth on Beyond:

http://www.twitch.tv/kullevi/c/5336617 (no bullshit, just highlighted to Abaxoth)

YES MAN, well played. I'll put this in the main post.

"
Lysithea wrote:
Short last update since I consider this char done at this point. Only major upgrade past this point would be an insane dagger which would let me drop critmult passives along with some dmg gems and run some utility in the 6l instead. The build can still benefit from more lvls but going past 95 is a bit of a chore.

This thing can clear anything with ease except for the few chaos bosses, like JV or olmecs, swap in +chaos res if you want to kill those. Run pofire+polightning for atz/dnt/abax. Run poelements for elew maps. Bring flicker for certain bosses, for example the one in Whakawairua Tuahu. Most of the content looks like the video kullevi posted above: tank anything while you dps and keep flasks up. Only thing I wont attempt with this reaver is uber atz due to hc setting. Good rule of thumb is to have at least twice your Reave cost left as unreserved mana to not run into moments where you stall due to ooming (no issues for me at all at 35cost and 76mana left)

stats

Solo auras and pcharges up:
65k reave, 40k if lazymode with pcoc in the 6l instead (or if I want to drop critmult in physref maps).
32evade, 40dodge, 68block = ~87% avoidance to physhits.
46spelldodge, 75spellblock = ~87% avoidance to spells
~5.7k hp.
Capped res but not overcapped for curses but with my hit and crit% these days I got full uptime on wardings.

gear

It's been fun playing a build you could improve on for so long. Would like to thank Missuse and Kullevi for the discussions we've had around the build ingame. Now the wait begins for the next big patch with the new act to grind out something new. Should be around 5months? No idea what to do until then, maybe lld?!

Nice gear, thanks for the update. Capped spell block op for Beyond :P
Hey I'm looking for a Flicker Strike build, and came across this one. Wondering if this would be the better build to use for a Flicker character that doesn't use CI, I dislike the lack of sturdyness CI builds have. Would also probably use Double Strike in a 4l for bosses or anything that lasts longer than your frenzy charges allow.

If this is good for Flicker main attack, would you change anything in the tree/build?
Last edited by sam6555 on Nov 4, 2014, 9:17:01 PM
what about cast when stunned instead of cast when damage taken
"
sam6555 wrote:
Hey I'm looking for a Flicker Strike build, and came across this one. Wondering if this would be the better build to use for a Flicker character that doesn't use CI, I dislike the lack of sturdyness CI builds have. Would also probably use Double Strike in a 4l for bosses or anything that lasts longer than your frenzy charges allow.

If this is good for Flicker main attack, would you change anything in the tree/build?

Yeah, this is very strong for flicker, and I use it as Flicker PvP now. For PvE get a 1.2 to 1.5 aps dagger, any faster you may have mana leech problems (unless you have Acuity ofc).

"
dro_13 wrote:
what about cast when stunned instead of cast when damage taken

I haven't tested it myself but I've heard cast when stunned is stronger for block builds.
Hi Oos im following your main build im currently lvl 66 and i have a lot of problems with int and str, what can i do to improve those stats?

Thank you for your time
"
fragero wrote:
Hi Oos im following your main build im currently lvl 66 and i have a lot of problems with int and str, what can i do to improve those stats?

Thank you for your time

With the 1.2 tree you don't have easy access to the +30 stat nodes like before. You should aim to get some on your gear, which is a lot easier now with the master crafting.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info