[1.2.x] Oos' Crit Dagger Capped Block Ranger (Reave / Flicker / Double Strike) Acrobatics or IR

is it HC viable? anyone tried it?
"
Snakorek wrote:

I'm currently 90 in beyond with 68block, 5.4k hp ontop of LC and overcapped resists against EW (I dont trust myself to be curse immune all the time even tho I run 2 warding flasks).
Feels tanky, burst still happen but I can still get upgrades and should reach higher hp. Dps with a mastercrafted dagger is around 35-40k solo, costs around 2ex on beyond currently. Running PoL+ash+hatred myself. In a party my evasion+dps shoots up due to a frenzy/pcharge conduit tornado ranger running grace.

Something I need to work on is overall better gear and resist values that would free me up for more dps stats or alternatively a better shield and speccing out of dpsnodes to get more blocknodes (I'm starting to wonder if I will ever swap out perandus).

General thought process for me has always been defenses first, dps will come... so far it has held true. I went from 1k when I reached a3m in abysmal gear to 10k pretty fast, jumped to 20k quite fast after that and now sit around 35-45k from just from lvling up and getting more passives. I expect more dmg or alternatively more defenses against spells during next gear upgrade phase which is on the horizon. The 0% spellblock situation I'm in currently plain sucks. Also, lack of chaos res hurts.

Love the build, you can improve it quite a lot over time too. I played a few builds in the past that peaked way to early and I lost interest. Not this build, so many upgrades left, so many tweaks to do and I also need more passives!

current
Last edited by Lysithea on Sep 22, 2014, 9:00:38 PM
"
Lysithea wrote:
"
Snakorek wrote:

I'm currently 90 in beyond with 68block, 5.4k hp ontop of LC and overcapped resists against EW (I dont trust myself to be curse immune all the time even tho I run 2 warding flasks).
Feels tanky, burst still happen but I can still get upgrades and should reach higher hp. Dps with a mastercrafted dagger is around 35-40k solo, costs around 2ex on beyond currently. Running PoL+ash+hatred myself. In a party my evasion+dps shoots up due to a frenzy/pcharge conduit tornado ranger running grace.

Something I need to work on is overall better gear and resist values that would free me up for more dps stats or alternatively a better shield and speccing out of dpsnodes to get more blocknodes (I'm starting to wonder if I will ever swap out perandus).

General thought process for me has always been defenses first, dps will come... so far it has held true. I went from 1k when I reached a3m in abysmal gear to 10k pretty fast, jumped to 20k quite fast after that and now sit around 35-45k from just from lvling up and getting more passives. I expect more dmg or alternatively more defenses against spells during next gear upgrade phase which is on the horizon. The 0% spellblock situation I'm in currently plain sucks. Also, lack of chaos res hurts.

Love the build, you can improve it quite a lot over time too. I played a few builds in the past that peaked way to early and I lost interest. Not this build, so many upgrades left, so many tweaks to do and I also need more passives!

current

I can confirm a Lightning Coil and the lightning resistances on gear are obligatory. I've tested all the known gear combinations and skill variations (IR/Acro with or without BoR) and that one is the only one that works reliably enough for HC.
Mind you, getting spell block AND Lightning Coil while running Grace is essential for defence all the while making the build too expensive for 3 month HC for most players. So, like Lysithea described, you'd be running in a tight party to get Grace while levelling for quite some time...
Upgraded some stuff, still so much more that can be done but getting/finding those items will take some time. Not many toptier items available on beyond.

I dropped some dmg nodes in favor of more defenses. Reflect started to become scary anyway.
I need to swap some stuff around for chaos res badly in the future. Overall much more def, a bit less dps but well enough for 79maps.

Spoiler
TL;DR 5.5khp, 75block, 41evade, 40dodge, 46spelldodge, resist capped against eleweak (or well, once I divine/bless some stuff). 48k Reave Solo.
gear

Solo Defenses.

With grace if ranger friend was with me.

Solo Reave Dmg.

With frenzy from conduit tornado ranger friend.

I'm not sure how/where and on what to focus next. Probably wont swap things around in my setup for a while but it helps knowing what to look for if something shows up. Overall higher resists on gear to free up for chaos res. More accuracy? More critchance?

The build definitely gets the Beyond Viable stamp of approval.
Last edited by Lysithea on Sep 30, 2014, 2:09:13 PM
"
Lysithea wrote:
Upgraded some stuff, still so much more that can be done but getting/finding those items will take some time. Not many toptier items available on beyond.

I dropped some dmg nodes in favor of more defenses. Reflect started to become scary anyway.
I need to swap some stuff around for chaos res badly in the future. Overall much more def, a bit less dps but well enough for 79maps.

Spoiler
TL;DR 5.5khp, 75block, 41evade, 40dodge, 46spelldodge, resist capped against eleweak (or well, once I divine/bless some stuff). 48k Reave Solo.
gear

Solo Defenses.

Solo Reave Dmg.

I'm not sure how/where and on what to focus next. Probably wont swap things around in my setup for a while but it helps knowing what to look for if something shows up. Overall higher resists on gear to free up for chaos res. More accuracy? More critchance?

you are currently at the point where u really do not need to upgrade gear at all. Getting more dps is something I would not advise, after 50-60k reflect becomes really dangerous. You can deal with this via manual EC + CWDT+IC but why bother? If playing groups up to 2-3 men, 50k is more than enough for anything.
Your accuracy is high enough, crit chance can be higher a bit (you can get diamond rings - if you can find with good enough stats - but 65% crit chance is enough imo. Changing the belt to a rustic and getting at least 30-50 (total -30 - -10 is ok imo) chaos res while having similar ele res as u have now is a solid path imo.

You can also attempt to obtain something like:

or a corrupt atziri step

44% dodge is nice

deff get a saffel for ele bosses or consider changing to a rathpit as a perma shield - it has 10% life so it will be solid - you will prob gain a bit of life. If you get a 60% rathpit, you will have 45% (if 75% to block attacks) chance to block spells, along with 46% dodge chance, spells will hit u 30% of the time, which is like having 70% spell block and no dodge - pretty good imo.
items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
"
Lysithea wrote:

Spoiler
gear

Solo Defenses.

Solo Reave Dmg.

At around 50% crit chance and how you mention reflect problems, an option you may consider is replacing crit dmg with pcoc for more consistent but less hard hitting attacks.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"

deff get a saffel for ele bosses or consider changing to a rathpit as a perma shield - it has 10% life so it will be solid - you will prob gain a bit of life. If you get a 60% rathpit, you will have 45% (if 75% to block attacks) chance to block spells, along with 46% dodge chance, spells will hit u 30% of the time, which is like having 70% spell block and no dodge - pretty good imo.

Hadn't even considered rathpith! Will look into it once I find some better gear. As for a better rare shield, it just doesn't exist right now. Even these low reqs only yield one result currently. People just don't pick up shields, they rather take up gloves and such, stuff that sells more easily.

todo list then: Chaos, maybe rathpith and the rest is just some finetuning.

"

At around 50% crit chance and how you mention reflect problems, an option you may consider is replacing crit dmg with pcoc for more consistent but less hard hitting attacks.

Yepp, something along those lines will be the route I take if I notice my dmg starts to go higher again but the dmg I went down to now seems to be no problem. Keeping charges up isn't a problem since I'm almost always mapping with the Tornado friend that curses and conduits for us (frenzy-gmp-coh-amark).
Last edited by Lysithea on Sep 30, 2014, 3:13:21 PM
"
Chundadragon wrote:

but 550% crit dmg with gem is a bit on the low side, without gem he losses 235%, leaving him with a 3,2 multiplier. Is gonna gimp his dps quit a bit, and to get 15-20% more crit chance, imo not worth it, with 7+ aps, 50% crit chance is plenty, I do prefer more but not at the cost you proposed.
items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
I can confirm that this build is Beyond viable. Currently lvl 95 and farming Atziri with it.

My gear is pretty similiar to Lysinthea. Couple differences are that Im always running power charge on crit and Rathpith. Currently I have 68 block and 73 spell block. With 4+ block lazhwar and 59% block Rathpith I would have 69/75 block. I also have Acrobatics+Phase.

I have 38k tooltip dps solo or some more if I switch tempest shield to herald of ash with 290 dps dagger.

With power charge on crit(surgeons flasks) + spell block I have, I can facetank pretty much all the unique beyonders. I also have 6% life leech.
"
missuse wrote:
[...]
you are currently at the point where u really do not need to upgrade gear at all. Getting more dps is something I would not advise, after 50-60k reflect becomes really dangerous. You can deal with this via manual EC + CWDT+IC but why bother?

I have 93k DPS without charges and reflect is no problem at all (double reflect is a different matter though).
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info