[1.2.x] Oos' Crit Dagger Capped Block Ranger (Reave / Flicker / Double Strike) Acrobatics or IR

I love reave builds and I am going to make an MF reaver. However, there are two reave builds that I am interested in. Yours and this one: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/664339

I am only playing softcore and will mostly focus on farming dominus as quickly as possible. Both builds are similar in gems but different in tree. One has a lot of life and the other seems geared to DPS.

For a MF reaver that will just farm merc dominus, which build do you suggest? I am thinking this crit dagger build will better suit me in the long run since I am only playing softcore and not hardcore.

Would appreciate some advice. Perhaps weaknesses and strengths of both choices. Thank you.
"
sighlight wrote:
if I start with shadow, should i take the phys or the attack speed?

Attack speed is the superior option
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
How much dps does one really need to complete all content? Or at least do any mod of 75 map confortably without lacking? I'm trying to get enough resists in my gear to be able to use atziri's step, lazhwar, maligaro's and rat's nest all the time. Right now I'm almost there using purity but both my rings can improve.

I'm at 33k reave DPS with this setup counting hatred and I get a bit more through frenzy charges using Blood Rage. My gems are not lvl 20 and have no quality so there's a lot of room for improvement. I can also foresee purchasing a better maligaro's and rat's nest in the future but it's not justifiable right now. I just want to know what I should shoot for to see if my plan is feasible.

My choice of chest is because besides tabula, it's the only 6L i have, and i know it's probably suboptimal. Although I'm not sure if it can save me some life nodes... Thoughts?

Spoiler

Awesome build, loving it so far.
Decided to play this. But I am having a serious issue with int and stregnth for the gems/dagger. I dont see it on your gear, were do you get the 120+ int?
is this build capable of killing atziri? and also can i ask how much hp do you guys have and at what level?
Well it`s official, I managed to beat Atziri! Did three sets and while I died quite a few times
the first two runs the third one was deathless!! The first deaths were mainly due to overconfidence
and inexperience, figured out that saffels is best both for double Vaal and atziri but used my high block
everyday shield for the trio. 55k reave and 78k doublestrike was more than enough for all encounters
at the apex of sacrifice for those interested, pretty sure you can do it with a lot less.

Thanks again for a great build!!!!

The gear used for Atziri:
Spoiler

Only upgrade I feel would really boost my dps now is a mirrored dagger but I don`t see that
happening anytime soon :)

"
Bearbarion wrote:
Well it`s official, I managed to beat Atziri! Did three sets and while I died quite a few times
the first two runs the third one was deathless!! The first deaths were mainly due to overconfidence
and inexperience, figured out that saffels is best both for double Vaal and atziri but used my high block
everyday shield for the trio. 55k reave and 78k doublestrike was more than enough for all encounters
at the apex of sacrifice for those interested, pretty sure you can do it with a lot less.

Thanks again for a great build!!!!

The gear used for Atziri:
Spoiler

Only upgrade I feel would really boost my dps now is a mirrored dagger but I don`t see that
happening anytime soon :)

how much were your defensive stats like? resists? hp? and er block chance at?
Around 4500 hp, max resists with normal shield, 84% fire and 82% lightning res with saffels
and purity of fire/lightning. I would like to have a higher level purity of lightning but it
has too high int requirements at higher levels :)

Have around 66% block with normal shield, not sure how much spellblock with saffels but if you
have more math skills than I do it should be easy to figure out.

Should mention that high level Immortal call and quality Increased duration is a must for
taking care of those big hits.

Good luck man!
"
Bearbarion wrote:
Around 4500 hp, max resists with normal shield, 84% fire and 82% lightning res with saffels
and purity of fire/lightning. I would like to have a higher level purity of lightning but it

Have around 66% block with normal shield, not sure how much spellblock with saffels but if you

Should mention that high level Immortal call and quality Increased duration is a must for

Good luck man!

With 4500 hp, are you able to survive the trio easily? what order did you kill them in?
And do vaal one hit you with the lighting balls? and also did atziri one hit you?

sorry for asking so much, preparing myself for atziri too :D
"
Giften wrote:
"
Bearbarion wrote:

Good luck man!

With 4500 hp, are you able to survive the trio easily? what order did you kill them in?
And do vaal one hit you with the lighting balls? and also did atziri one hit you?

sorry for asking so much, preparing myself for atziri too :D

For double vaal just make sure to get one down to 10-20% before killing the other, with saffels you easily Block most of the lightning balls and such. Here i also used purity of lightning.

For the trio I went straight for tittygirl then the last two in any order. A lot of kiting in and out here trying to avoid the chaos clouds While constantly watching hp for bleed.

Atziri was by far the easiest as I just kited all flameblasts etc. Actually had a lot lower dps here as i had to turn off hatred and hoa to run pol and pof.

Didn't get one shot at any point it was usually a combination of things, like almost bleeding out then got hit hard before hp was up again.

Just dont try to facetank any of the bosses and dont stand still for too long and you should be fine :)
Last edited by Bearbarion on Sep 17, 2014, 9:50:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info