[1.2.x] Oos' Crit Dagger Capped Block Ranger (Reave / Flicker / Double Strike) Acrobatics or IR

Great guide/build.

After bouncing around builds, this build seems pretty solid. Got lazy this time around and used regrets to do some respect. This was a Frenzy/Split arrow crit build, that turned into a Crit spectral throw dagger build(30regrets), that turned into this build(15regrets)..

Had all the stuff laying around besides a reave gem. Need to do some jewelry shopping, grab a head with acc with a little more cold resist 5 short atm. Work on finalizing my gem set up. But even like this ran about 6maps 68-73(@lv71) to test it out, and was kinda amazed. Can only get better with more dps/life/block nodes.

Even with lv14 reave/12 increased crit damage/15 multi strike getting 24k dps/30k with charges. Using blood rage to generate frenzy charges(took 1 on merc), then using flicker strike to generate power charges. Had to grab a little more int on the tree to be able to use lv 20 purity of lightning(lightning coil).

Can't wait to see this grow with lv's.
bumpidy bump

Hey Oos and Oos's build lovers.

I am coming back after my prodigious step out to mirrored ambusher ST atziri farm territory.
Don't have much time atm to PvE so I decided to give a shot at merc PvP.

I have pretty good gear as a result of farming since closed beta on standard and since my PvP experience is limited to 28 lvl pvp during closed beta I would appreciate some insights and advice.

first of all
flicker in 6L, dual strike in 4L is preferred as opposed to 6L dual and 4L flick?
I see you are using added fire preferably to crit strikes. You get a feeling its better for PvP even most advisories will have at least 75% fire res.
what are your thoughts on using puncture instead of dual strike?

I am thinking on using this build with coil, abysses, 5.5k hp, 10k eva and a 30% shield (I might also try crest to see if the additional block is better than the eva I get from my shield.

with my 30% shield it is a humble 48% block without tempest. I figured that I should not invest more in block since my opponents can counter all those nodes by replacing one gem. What is your opinion on this?
Do you think I should remove the flaying nodes and get the 3x8% life nodes or the 4x2% block nodes?

you do not use any traps? conversion, bear. puncture traps. How do you clean the traps? any aoe skill u use or u just try to remember the positioning?

I am sure more questions will raise.

looking forward to your reply.

EDIT: forgot to brag

items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
Last edited by missuse on Jun 30, 2014, 7:58:47 AM
Is Ming's Heart a good option for this build, compared to a ring with added phys damage and life? (Assuming I have my resists taken care of already)
Hey, what do you guys think about the new unique shield? Is it better than Crest of Perandus?
"
Is Ming's Heart a good option for this build, compared to a ring with added phys damage and life? (Assuming I have my resists taken care of already)

if you feel you lack in dps but have ample defenses, why not? I tried and I did not like it all that much. I prefer a good diamnod.

"
Ollister wrote:
Hey, what do you guys think about the new unique shield? Is it better than Crest of Perandus?

its better as a skin. For all other purposes the crest is better imo. The shield could use another good stat apart the block like maybe 5-10% chance to dodge or 2-4+ max res, or adds a power/frenzy charge on block. Like this, its gonna be worth a chaos in no time.
Last edited by missuse on Jul 3, 2014, 6:49:46 PM
having a blast pvping with this build.

Biggest weaknesses are vs:

crit trapper - have to try arc, skelies....but with normal setup unbeatable
poison arrow trapper - might be better when I get a ming today :) but with -9 chaos unbeatable in non open maps. On open I can just rush 'em and avoid traps better.

EK crit caster - hard time VSing 'em
high dps RT cycloners - they stun desinc me to death often
Hey, is a bino's a decent purchase for this build?
"
OCELOT69350 wrote:
Hey, is a bino's a decent purchase for this build?

yup
capped block is with or without BoR?
add fire or concentrated effect on 5l?
Last edited by nouser on Jul 22, 2014, 1:51:39 PM
This build achieves 70% block witch perandus, so not totally block capped. I personally favor Crit Dmg as 5L (Reave-Multistrike-MeleeDmg-FA-CritDmg). Conc Effect will reduce your AoE significantly and while it provides high sheet dps the clearspeed isn't really that much different. It also has an insane mana multiplier (1.6) on an already mana starved build.
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info