[1.2.x] Oos' Crit Dagger Capped Block Ranger (Reave / Flicker / Double Strike) Acrobatics or IR

So Carcass Jack works on reave? I would assume any increased area effect or area damage items, or passives would as well? Didn't know that.
"
LittleMonk wrote:

Also,
Spoiler

would u recommend crafting this dagger? heard that daggers are not good for crafting :(

I would not craft it with eternal/exalting. It has potential but it might take more than 10 et/ex tried to hit any % ipd roll, who knows how much for the tyrannical roll. If you are feeling lucky you might yolo exalt it in hopes of a 100+% added phys prefix. Good luck
"
kostasdio wrote:

I speced to IR with no luck. Actually i was a lot 'tankier' with phase acro.
The problem is the low armor/eva i get from my gear. a26% phys dmg reduction does nothing at all. That phys/bleed attack gets me instantly to half/low life and without life regen i cant keep up with flasks.
Going full speed ahead for a lightning coil!

Yea.. the thing is I had 13k armor while having IR, which amounts a lot more reduction. Tell us what happened with coil :). Good luck mate.

"
candoerfer wrote:
Since I am about to hit level 91 and almost got enough regret orbs for a respec, I tried to come up with a build that is more suitable for reave (currently using the build of my old ST dagger setup).
Both specs are IR builds for the reason that I am already used to playing with IR and mostly play in partys, where I can then abuse the Grace&IR combo.

Build1:

This build focuses on getting max block (using a rare shiled with 36% block, which is why all the block nodes are needed) and also takes the nearby Golem's Blood.

Build2:

This build is more efficient since less points are wasted on stats and is also more damage oriented.

My thoughts:
If I were to value all stats equally build2 would be the clear favorite as it is more efficient with its skillpoints. Blocknodes however are very powerful, especially if you manage to hit the cap. Currently I am around 30k DPS on Reave (with Hatred) on a 5L, which seems somewhat decent. The question that arises is, wether the additional damage increase from build2 is actually needed or if I should rather take the improved block % of build 1.

Statistics from poebuilder.com:
Life: equal
DPS: Build2 DPS (38.8k DPS) ~ 1.26* Build1 DPS (30.7k DPS)
Defence: Build1 75% block <-> Build2 66% block
-> Build1's chance to avoid getting hit ~ 1.26* Build2's chance.

I am thankful for any feedback on the two build variants. Especially thoughts of the more experienced reave users (namely Oos & missuse) would be greatly appreciated.

both look like very solid builds.

When I was speced IR, I had a build that looked much more similar to the version 1.

30.7k dps reave is enough for any end game content apart for Uber atziri map (which would be very hard with this build anyway). Also Enfeeble maps might take a little bit more to clear due to the fact that you will have 18k or so dps bufed with hatred.

As far as for efficiency, I also don't like the extra 10 attribute nodes that build 1 takes.

Generally, if you are IR you want to have the most block you can, since almost all attacks you end up taking. But that goes for dodge too, since you don't want to get hit at all.

The choice probably lies in your experience while playing and is gear dependent a lot.

From my experience hitting 75% block is not needed, since late game attacks are not a real threat, but spells can be a problem.

My advice is to experiment with both variants. But atm I would probably opt for build 2, if on a soft-core league.

"
Relytz wrote:
So Carcass Jack works on reave? I would assume any increased area effect or area damage items, or passives would as well? Didn't know that.

Yes, Carcass works, increased area support works as well as nodes on tree.

items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
Forgot to mention that I am using Bino's, so the increased DPS would also be somewhat useful for giving me higher regen on crits (the higher DPS comes mostly from %inc phy dmg nodes).
I am also planning to test a CwDt - IC - inc duration setup. Since I've got decent life leech this could solve most of the defensive problems.
As you mentioned, I am mostly threatend by bosses/ high dmg spells and reflect. In case the IC triggering via CwDt works the way I have planned, reflect should not be a huge problem anymore. Block does not really do much against the really dangerous stuff (besides reflect) wherase DPS also provides surviveability in a way that you have to tank less hits due to an increased killspeed.
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
Last edited by candoerfer on May 9, 2014, 5:25:46 PM
Do you think Rathpith Globe would be better then Crest of Perandus? I think with Lightning Coil, Acrobatics, Evasion, etc. I have enough physical mitigation, so maybe getting some spell block would be good. Thoughts?
"
Oosband wrote:

I did a dagger spectral throw build with Lightning Coil, was probably my strongest build yet but is quite different from this build. My tree and gear is here:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/790838

If you want me to expand on this then let me know.

Hello,

I recently acquired some gear to try out this awesome build (a bino's and 6L coil), and while reading through the thread found your ST build comment above. I'm somewhat considering whether I should possibly give ST a try and was wondering if you would still suggest your nemesis build. Is the damage and survivability still comparable to this one? Myself preferring the ST playstyle combined with you mentioning it was possibly your strongest build has me very interested.

Thank you for any advice you might have!
"
simpleMystery wrote:
Do you think Rathpith Globe would be better then Crest of Perandus? I think with Lightning Coil, Acrobatics, Evasion, etc. I have enough physical mitigation, so maybe getting some spell block would be good. Thoughts?

Rathpith is great, I'd personally rather use a Crest of Perandus and swap to spell block gear for hard boss fights, but if you think Rathpith is better for you then go for it.

"
Zenzen wrote:
"
Oosband wrote:

I did a dagger spectral throw build with Lightning Coil, was probably my strongest build yet but is quite different from this build. My tree and gear is here:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/790838

If you want me to expand on this then let me know.

Hello,

I recently acquired some gear to try out this awesome build (a bino's and 6L coil), and while reading through the thread found your ST build comment above. I'm somewhat considering whether I should possibly give ST a try and was wondering if you would still suggest your nemesis build. Is the damage and survivability still comparable to this one? Myself preferring the ST playstyle combined with you mentioning it was possibly your strongest build has me very interested.

Thank you for any advice you might have!

The HC/Nemesis build in the main thread is kinda outdated, I'd probably rather just use my current level 92 build that I sue for PvP:

It still has 3 more skill points open for HP (bringing me to 5.5k hp) and I think Acrobatics is more tanky in higher maps anyway, especially with Lightning Coil. I'll probably revise the HC build or remove it from the first page. So either do that build or ST. I remade the ST build and got to level 92 in HC before dying.

Using Bino's you'll want Adder's Touch, I'd probably do the passive tree like so:

Get EB until 85ish when your mana pool is large enough and you can leech off mana no problem.
IGN: @Oos
Hey man,

Thanks for this great build, Going to try it out.

I do have a couple of questions tho:

1. Why don't you run power charges?
2. What do you think about using a bringer of rain? Have you tried it? Should it overall increase or decrease my dps?

Here's some gear I started gathering, altho I haven't yet got a dagger
Spoiler

Thanks in advance!
IGN: Ghost_Prototype (100 Shadow - Std)
Remember The Name - Endgame mapping guild. Thread - #1196726
Last edited by GnGEmpire on May 16, 2014, 11:58:20 AM
"
GnGEmpire wrote:
Hey man,

2. What do you think about using a bringer of rain? Have you tried it? Should it overall increase or decrease my dps?

Spoiler

Thanks in advance!

I personally prefer other gems, but a few people in this topic use PCoC and love it. So use it if you'd like. Just get the charge from Shadow tree and Merci bandits.

BoR is a good helm but when you have 20/20 gems then a 6L chest will give you more dps and flexibility with swapping gems (for some map mods).
You seem to have a decent amount of wealth so maybe look into getting a 6L Carcass Jack or Lightning Coil. Bringer of Rain is great if you want to use it though, so up to you.

You've got some great gear lined up. I'd probably replace the Ruby ring with a hp/phys/res ring, but everything else is good :D
"
Oosband wrote:
"
GnGEmpire wrote:
Hey man,

Spoiler

Thanks in advance!

I personally prefer other gems, but a few people in this topic use PCoC and love it. So use it if you'd like. Just get the charge from Shadow tree and Merci bandits.

BoR is a good helm but when you have 20/20 gems then a 6L chest will give you more dps and flexibility with swapping gems (for some map mods).
You seem to have a decent amount of wealth so maybe look into getting a 6L Carcass Jack or Lightning Coil. Bringer of Rain is great if you want to use it though, so up to you.

You've got some great gear lined up. I'd probably replace the Ruby ring with a hp/phys/res ring, but everything else is good :D

Thanks for the detailed reply. The ruby is indeed not very ideal, it was just the only ring in my stash that allowed me to cap my resistances.
I mostly want to use a bringer of rain because it beutiful on a ranger :3
Not sure if you mentioned it in the main post, but what is your hp pool? Have you been able to kill atziri?
Also, what do you think about having a secondary single target setup in a 4 link, and using pcoc in it?
IGN: Ghost_Prototype (100 Shadow - Std)
Remember The Name - Endgame mapping guild. Thread - #1196726
"
GnGEmpire wrote:
"
Oosband wrote:
"
GnGEmpire wrote:
Hey man,

Spoiler

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the detailed reply. The ruby is indeed not very ideal, it was just the only ring in my stash that allowed me to cap my resistances.
I mostly want to use a bringer of rain because it beutiful on a ranger :3
Not sure if you mentioned it in the main post, but what is your hp pool? Have you been able to kill atziri?
Also, what do you think about having a secondary single target setup in a 4 link, and using pcoc in it?

I don't play the character anymore (or PoE much currently), it's just used for PvP. Depends on what gear I'm wearing but for maps it will be around 5.5k. Then 5k to 5.5k for PvP depending on gear.

Having a 4L for PCoC isn't ideal, your dps overall will be lower because you're juggling between two active skills, one of which wont clear as fast. If you want to make use of PCoC then use the gem in your main links.

As for Atziri, I haven't tried her on this character, only a RF/Mjolner build I have on Ambush. "missuse" has done the boss a lot, and theres quite a lot of discussion about the fight on the past few pages.

Vaal is no problem, Saffell's Frame helps but honestly isn't even needed as long as you have good character control.
Atziri is manageable if you have PoLight and PoFire, and some spell block. The fight is pretty scripted so if you've fought her a few times then it's not hard.
The 3 bosses are the hard part, I cant comment much on this part because I haven't tested it on this guy (don't play PoE much currently). But you need goot End Cry + Immortal Call usage. I think "missuse" also uses a Lightning Coil, but they did it without that chest + IR.

So yeah, Atziri is fine with this build as long as you come prepared and understand each fight.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info