[1.2.x] Oos' Crit Dagger Capped Block Ranger (Reave / Flicker / Double Strike) Acrobatics or IR

I will def try a claw Version of this with the changes to Vaal Pact ;)
"
Kamro wrote:
I will def try a claw Version of this with the changes to Vaal Pact ;)

Yeah that will be interesting, can finally make use of the huge claw leech as HP based.
IGN: @Oos
The new patch notes hit this build hard. Idk if its good anymore
"
Relytz wrote:
The new patch notes hit this build hard. Idk if its good anymore

How so? The crit multi and leech changes? We'll have to see the tree and test everything on the new patch first.

If it's harder to stack crit multi then that's not that bad for HC variations, but it will hurt the crit stacking in SC.
I was thinking of a claw version as well, aiming for something that can be achieved around lvl 90~

Version without VP(more offensive) - grabbed Ondar's just cause its close
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBBH4EsQW1BfkMjQ1JDkgPqxGWFfAV_Ra_GdUa2xutHhoegSEDI_Yk_SaVKCowVDBxMHwyATMMOkI6WD1lPeJAVUcGSO5LeEuNTGBRR1VLWkhe-mHiYqxl8Wcean5te29XcFJ4rnlIfXV_K4cZh9uMNo19jb-P-pKAlWaZV5p4myado52qo4qmf6c0qn-quK0esbOyGbTFtUi307t8wFHC7Maiz3rTftQj1QDWB9aK1p3Xy9vn3UjdqN7244TnVOd06NbrFO1B7XbuDu-g7_Dz6vyr_iv-uv8c_5P_3g==

Vaal pact
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBBH4EsQUtBbUF-QyNDUkOSA-rEZYV8BX9Fr8Y2xrbG60eGh6BIWAj9iT9JpUoKii1KjgwVDBxMgE4ljpCOlg9ZT3iQFVAoEcGSO5KfUt4S41MYFVLVvpaSFuvXvpgS2HiYqxnHmegan5te29XcFJ08XrvhxmHdofbjDaP-pKAlWaZV5p4myado52qnrmjiqZ_pzStHrGzshm0xbVItxe308BRwuzGos961CPVANYH1p3Xy9vn3Q3dSN2o3vbjhOdU53To1u1B7XbuDu9O76Dv8PPq_Kv8xf8c_5M=

Both versions have a lot of relevant clusters that can be grabbed just next to them, and im sure they can be optimized by a bit. Just made them on the fly, since the patch will probably change the tree a bit anyway. Thoughts? Also I'm going to play on Ambush so dont really need 100% survi
Last edited by mazak1991 on Mar 4, 2014, 5:30:51 PM
After quite a bit of a debate, I've decided on likely using this build as a basis for my first character on the next league.

The leech changes shouldn't impact this build that much. Due to the large amount of damage and massive crits, you should, hopefully, still be leeching far more health than what you actually need.

The crit changes:
"
Larger groups of critical strike multiplier have had some minor nodes removed.

We'll have to wait and see. I'm assuming that some of the redudant and smaller "minor nodes" such as the many 10% nodes throughout the tree are the main targets of this balance. Overall, I doubt that this will change the end gameplay of the character, but we'll find that out, for sure, tomorrow. Some of the those freed up points could just be put into additional defence/health, honestly.

Anyways, thanks for posting this great build. I look forward to trying it out tomorrow! :)
"
mazak1991 wrote:
I was thinking of a claw version as well, aiming for something that can be achieved around lvl 90~

Version without VP(more offensive) - grabbed Ondar's just cause its close
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBBH4EsQW1BfkMjQ1JDkgPqxGWFfAV_Ra_GdUa2xutHhoegSEDI_Yk_SaVKCowVDBxMHwyATMMOkI6WD1lPeJAVUcGSO5LeEuNTGBRR1VLWkhe-mHiYqxl8Wcean5te29XcFJ4rnlIfXV_K4cZh9uMNo19jb-P-pKAlWaZV5p4myado52qo4qmf6c0qn-quK0esbOyGbTFtUi307t8wFHC7Maiz3rTftQj1QDWB9aK1p3Xy9vn3UjdqN7244TnVOd06NbrFO1B7XbuDu-g7_Dz6vyr_iv-uv8c_5P_3g==

Vaal pact
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBBH4EsQUtBbUF-QyNDUkOSA-rEZYV8BX9Fr8Y2xrbG60eGh6BIWAj9iT9JpUoKii1KjgwVDBxMgE4ljpCOlg9ZT3iQFVAoEcGSO5KfUt4S41MYFVLVvpaSFuvXvpgS2HiYqxnHmegan5te29XcFJ08XrvhxmHdofbjDaP-pKAlWaZV5p4myado52qnrmjiqZ_pzStHrGzshm0xbVItxe308BRwuzGos961CPVANYH1p3Xy9vn3Q3dSN2o3vbjhOdU53To1u1B7XbuDu9O76Dv8PPq_Kv8xf8c_5M=

Both versions have a lot of relevant clusters that can be grabbed just next to them, and im sure they can be optimized by a bit. Just made them on the fly, since the patch will probably change the tree a bit anyway. Thoughts? Also I'm going to play on Ambush so dont really need 100% survi

You'll really want Vaal Pact when going Claw builds, otherwise the insane leech will be wasted (you can hit the life leech cap with 2% life leech at late game). So with the changes to Vaal Pact making it viable for life it will be strong.
You also don't have much life and you need Heart of the Oak as melee.

I'd do something like that, although it's too many points.
I'll try make a claw version with the new skill tree tomorrow.

"
Bromothymol wrote:
After quite a bit of a debate, I've decided on likely using this build as a basis for my first character on the next league.

The leech changes shouldn't impact this build that much. Due to the large amount of damage and massive crits, you should, hopefully, still be leeching far more health than what you actually need.

The crit changes:
"
Larger groups of critical strike multiplier have had some minor nodes removed.

We'll have to wait and see. I'm assuming that some of the redudant and smaller "minor nodes" such as the many 10% nodes throughout the tree are the main targets of this balance. Overall, I doubt that this will change the end gameplay of the character, but we'll find that out, for sure, tomorrow. Some of the those freed up points could just be put into additional defence/health, honestly.

Anyways, thanks for posting this great build. I look forward to trying it out tomorrow! :)

Yeah I don't think the crit nodes changed will affect this build, it doesn't get the 10% > 10% > 10% > 10% > 40% clusters. Hopefully they leave all the overpowered dagger nodes alone :)

I'll update the tree as soon as I have time tomorrow.
"
Oosband wrote:

You'll really want Vaal Pact when going Claw builds, otherwise the insane leech will be wasted (you can hit the life leech cap with 2% life leech at late game). So with the changes to Vaal Pact making it viable for life it will be strong.
You also don't have much life and you need Heart of the Oak as melee.

I'd do something like that, although it's too many points.
I'll try make a claw version with the new skill tree tomorrow.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll be waiting for the version with updated tree :)
What about Ondar's Guile?
After reading patch notes I don't think will suffer a lot. It will be worse, but not a lot.

Life leech change: we will still do high enough dps to leach a lot more than we actually have. Perhaps after killing all mobs in a pack we will not be able refill full life. But I do not think i will be the case. During combat no difference what so ever.

Crit multi nerf: will reduce the dmg slightly. If all crit multy affixes on items are scaled as maligaro (50% -> 36%) it means the 70% crit multy on amulets will become 50%. If they don't change the amount the support gem provides this is not such a big deal imo. I think very few builds actually take crit multiplier nodes on tree which were nerfed, since dps scales much better with %phys nodes if you have a high crit multy on gear and gem.

Love the build mate, sold all my other std characters and equipped this one the best I could. Will play new leagues now. And level this one when I am bored.

god_mode_gear

build

currently lvl 91

items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
Last edited by missuse on Mar 5, 2014, 5:19:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info