[1.2.x] Oos' Crit Dagger Capped Block Ranger (Reave / Flicker / Double Strike) Acrobatics or IR

Hi Oos,

Just a really fun note, I was trying out Dominating blow + Multistrike + Melee Phys + Blood Magic in my BoR, and the results were hilarious! Still cleared really fast and, if this is even possible, made me feel even safer with all of my minions haha!
Last edited by GraveGiver36 on Feb 16, 2014, 6:00:08 PM
"
hetjo wrote:
Spoiler
"
Oosband wrote:

You should get more block passives on the tree then use Grace I think, the bonus Grace gives you is very strong, I'm surprised you haven't maxed out your block yet, it's over-powered.

I might have been a focused a bit much on damage, since I play on domination. But yes, that is probably the way to go.

I've played this to lvl 78 now, and currently doing lvl 67/68 maps, which is going rather nice. It clears faster then the other characters I've levelled to +70 (ground slam and LA ranger). I think that it may be time to focus a bit more on defence when going into higher lvl maps.

I levelled with reave and it was pretty straightforward. I didn't die until merciless vaal, since then I've become a bit sloppy and have a total of 8 now. I have died once to a reflect pack; it went VERY fast. The most common death have been from chaos damage, due to my low chaos resistence is very low. One death was in a dried lake map with chaos dmg per sec, and a double boss (rhoa) which meant 2x chaos auras. My life went south fast. Once I got them split up, taking them down one at a time was easy though.

The play style with reave is pretty aggressive, and as long as there is no reflect it is very difficult to die as long as one is attacking (and leeching).

My gear

Ignore the weird gem setup on the dagger.

My tree
(I will spec out of the node after nightstalke when going towards adders touch / deflection clusters.)

I have 4.5K life, elemental resists are maxed, chaos resist around -40. Damage with reave is 10.5K, and 13K with double strike (I don't use it much).

It is a PITA getting max resists with Maligaro's as there isn't any resist from the tree. I am tempted to get clear mind and noe +6% to all node next to it. Right now switching gear is a major math exercise, and means trawling through poe.xys.is. I could get more resists from jewellery (the amulet in particular), but that would mean loosing some damage. Adds physical dmg gives insane boosts to damage with this build.

Any suggestions welcome. I'm not particularly rich though, around 15 chaos in the stash at the moment (most of my currency went towards Maligaro's). I can probably get to around 60 by selling other currency. Currently I'm thinking 5-link chest/alphas howl/ratsnest, however all those are expensive, so if someone can spot a cheaper way to improve the toon it would be great.

Tree looks fine. Gear can be hard to max resistances with, I agree, even harder for the BoR users in this thread. I'd focus on replacing your jewelry, although it;s expensive you can get a lot of good resist rings.
Definitely get a 5L chest first though, that will increase your damage quite nicely.
Everything else is fine for now, just keep farming until you get a bit richer then upgrade.

"
GraveGiver36 wrote:
Hi Oos,

Just a really fun note, I was trying out Dominating blow + Multistrike + Melee Phys + Blood Magic in my BoR, and the results were hilarious! Still cleared really fast and, if this is even possible, made me feel even safer with all of my minions haha!

haha yeah Dominating blow can be fun, shame it costs so much mana.
IGN: @Oos
Hi Oos,

I'm level 83 with this build now. I just have one question, I didn't respec from Ondar's Guile because I was playing as a crit split arrow ranger. Does it make a big difference in survivability? Shall I respec out of it and maybe spend those points on more life or Vaal Pact?
Last edited by nyckito on Feb 17, 2014, 11:15:13 AM
Hey Oos!

First off, thanks for this awesome build/guide! It has been really fun playing with this!
I've specced into Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics, and it has really boosted survivability with my gear.

My gear atm:

Spoiler

I have a question for you, or anyone who might have an oppinion on the matter.

I see other players are using BoR instead of a 6L.. My question would be, if this provides more damage and/or survivability?

I'm close to buying it for testing.. I mean, the 15% block alone will provide some free skill nodes to spec into survivability or DPS.

I have ~31k dps with Reave atm.
"
nyckito wrote:
Hi Oos,

I'm level 83 with this build now. I just have one question, I didn't respec from Ondar's Guile because I was playing as a crit split arrow ranger. Does it make a big difference in survivability? Shall I respec out of it and maybe spend those points on more life or Vaal Pact?

Ondar's Guille is best if you're playing a ranged character so you can evade your own reflect damage. For this build I think they points are better spent elsewhere, the build is already very point starved so every point counts.
It's up to you though.

"
nulleinaction wrote:
Hey Oos!

First off, thanks for this awesome build/guide! It has been really fun playing with this!
I've specced into Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics, and it has really boosted survivability with my gear.

My gear atm:

Spoiler

I have a question for you, or anyone who might have an oppinion on the matter.

I see other players are using BoR instead of a 6L.. My question would be, if this provides more damage and/or survivability?

I'm close to buying it for testing.. I mean, the 15% block alone will provide some free skill nodes to spec into survivability or DPS.

I have ~31k dps with Reave atm.

BoR is better when you first get to maps. But later, a 6L chest is better. When you get 20/20 gems or even just level 20 gems then a 6L chest provides more damage. 6L is also more flexible, you can swap out gems easier depending on the map mods.

BoR does however provide good block and blind. The 15% block chance will allow you to drop some nodes on the tree so maybe it's worth it. I prefer a 6L chest but it depends if you want to take the build to 90+ where a 6L chest really shines.
Hey Oos! Thanks for answering! I couldn't wait, so i went ahead and bought it :)

The provided block gives me 3 free nodes, while im 75% block capped, without tempest shield. As i see it, i no longer have to use tempest shield, and maybe a Resistance aura is better (All res aura). I am lvl 85 (almost 86) now, and the 6L chest is really nice, and good for different map types indeed. But i found my self mostly using the 6th link for Item rarity, instead of crit multi because of the mana cost.

I'm just in the testing phase, trying out different rings/amy's to get most dps/resist/life.

Can you explain some of the spell dodge mechanics the build is using. What% spell block does Saffell's plus Stone of Lahwzar give you. How does it interact with phase acrobatics, etc.?

Thanks
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
"
Asidra wrote:
Can you explain some of the spell dodge mechanics the build is using. What% spell block does Saffell's plus Stone of Lahwzar give you. How does it interact with phase acrobatics, etc.?

Thanks

That's my defensive stats with Saffel's. With Stone spell block is capped.
I cant remember correctly in which order block/dodge/evade is calculated, I may be wrong but I believe it goes:
Evade > Dodge > Block.

So with 30% spell dodge and 67% spell block, spells rarely hit when using Saffel's. I personally don't find spells much of a problem, so I run 0% spell block most of the time, but keep a Saffel's on weapon swap and a Stone in my inventory, only swapping to kill hard bosses like Piety, Megaera and The Arbiter of Knowledge.

I'm not a math god and don't know the formula so I wouldn't be able to tell you the exact spell hit chance after all mitigation. Generally spells aren't much of an issue unless on a hard boss, especially with good Whirling Blades micro.
Last edited by Oos on Feb 19, 2014, 3:25:47 AM
Hi OS
-first i can say nice stat your char
-I saw video u run map 74 Domi no block spell nice video.like it
-i lv 83
-my Gear:

-My Pass tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABH4FfQW1BfkG6Q5IEZYV8Ba_GL0a2xutHhoegSLqI_YkPCaVJ2EnqSgqKaUrbzBUMgE4ljpYPeJI7klRSn1LjU4qUUdVS1bqVvVW-lptW69h4mKsZ6Bte3BScFZwu33jf8aHGYd2h9uIQow2jX2Nv5Abl9CZV5oTmyadlp2jnaqjiqZ_pzSnXKp_qrixs7IZskS0xbVItxe307k-wFHBxcLszerPetad18vaPdtu29TdDd7244TndOjW7UHuDvPq-WP8q_zF_xz_kw==

HP 3k7
all res 75% chaos -60%
DPS 18k if set gem critical dam with REAVE or 11k if set gem IIR
-My problem is hard for spell, i dont clear map 71 peity and map 72 Toture. upgrade my gear. what i need upgrade to my gear?
-Now, i have ~ 15 ex , and i like Bino (very cool for kitchen lol), i should buy Bino ?
-Should i go to node acrobatic and phase acrobat?, i think if + 2 this node so armor -50%, boss deal phys dam can one hit kill with dam reduction 15% @@. but 30% dodge spell is great , i like it.
-With 40% dodge and block dam 75% and 4x % eva, chance boss hit ?
Finally,sry because my English not good
Last edited by donchina on Feb 19, 2014, 6:04:40 AM
"
donchina wrote:
Hi OS
-first i can say nice stat your char
-I saw video u run map 74 Domi no block spell nice video.like it
-i lv 83
-my Gear:

-My Pass tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABH4FfQW1BfkG6Q5IEZYV8Ba_GL0a2xutHhoegSLqI_YkPCaVJ2EnqSgqKaUrbzBUMgE4ljpYPeJI7klRSn1LjU4qUUdVS1bqVvVW-lptW69h4mKsZ6Bte3BScFZwu33jf8aHGYd2h9uIQow2jX2Nv5Abl9CZV5oTmyadlp2jnaqjiqZ_pzSnXKp_qrixs7IZskS0xbVItxe307k-wFHBxcLszerPetad18vaPdtu29TdDd7244TndOjW7UHuDvPq-WP8q_zF_xz_kw==

HP 3k7
all res 75% chaos -60%
DPS 18k if set gem critical dam with REAVE or 11k if set gem IIR
-My problem is hard for spell, i dont clear map 71 peity and map 72 Toture. upgrade my gear. what i need upgrade to my gear?
-Now, i have ~ 15 ex , and i like Bino (very cool for kitchen lol), i should buy Bino ?
-Should i go to node acrobatic and phase acrobat?, i think if + 2 this node so armor -50%, boss deal phys dam can one hit kill with dam reduction 15% @@. but 30% dodge spell is great , i like it.
-With 40% dodge and block dam 75% and 4x % eva, chance boss hit ?
Finally,sry because my English not good

Hey there. If you're having trouble with spells then you need a larger hp pool, 3.7k is pretty low. You should replace your amulet with a leech/hp/crit necklace, or use Stone of Lazhwar. Also replace your Ruby ring with a hp/iir/phys ring.
Then after that buy Bino's Kitchen Knife if you want it, it's very strong.

Also grab Heart of the Oak on the passive tree, will help you survive.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info