[1.2.x] Oos' Crit Dagger Capped Block Ranger (Reave / Flicker / Double Strike) Acrobatics or IR

"
Hey Oos , a question about BoR .

How would you link the BoR in the case you had one (I read that you had a lucky 6L drop and that's why you didn't get one) and what , if any , changes you'd make to the tree?

Reave + Multistrike + Added Fire + Crit Gem.
I used to love crit multi gem, but it's just too scary for reflect, so you can use PCoC or Crit Chance instead.
People seem to like Conc Effect for Reave now days, but I don't really like the AOE penalty. Test it out if you wish.

I probably wouldn't change my skill tree, but I'd do the IR version (not acrobatics). BoR has nice block so you can drop some of the 2% block nodes and still be capped. You also need to find a lot of resists somewhere. BoR over powered though :)

"
yurayong wrote:
Spoiler

For above two chest, should i go for the higher evasion?
I don't have much currency so I probably stick with one of them to upgrade and use it for quite some time....

By the way now lvl 54. Since starting I have mana issue until yesterday when i re-read all your post and reply here. Thanks for the great build.

My current skill tree :
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4EfgSxBbUG6QguCSEV8Bi9GY4a2xutIQMi6iT9J2ErbzBxMHwyATpCOlg94j7PSO5LeEvETGBRR2XxeK55SH8rhxmNv5VmmyabjZ2Wr-uyGbJEt9O7fL3mxqLPetAJ037UI9UA1orXy9o93aje9udU6NbrFO2D-WM=

I am now using Reave + Multistrike + Mana Leech + Faster Attack. So fun!
Using Mightflay and Crest of Perandus...

Current Gear :
Spoiler

Lucky lately that i manage to pick up my 2nd multistrike which make the more fun.
Even though die 8 times so far, I feel more powerful with grace aura.

If you have good resists using the higher evasion chest then use that, but your other chest has nice res and life so probably worth keeping that for now. Both are fine for now, you should save for a 5L chest and a decent dagger as your next gear upgrades. and think about dropping some of those uniques for decent rares.

Once you get to Mind Drinker in the Shadow tree you can drop mana leech gem.

Good luck.
IGN: @Oos

What do you think about this item? I feel this would be perfect for this build. Possible might run into trouble with the increased damaged taken but with a high block chance and life leech it should work right?
Warband: IGN: Benko
"
Yuufe wrote:

What do you think about this item? I feel this would be perfect for this build. Possible might run into trouble with the increased damaged taken but with a high block chance and life leech it should work right?

That helm is great damage but fairly risky. For doing 74+ maps I'd only use that helmet with Lightning Coil and a high level Purity of Lightning. That will help mitigate some of the large hits you take.

I have one for PvP though, it's very nice :)
Last edited by Oos on Dec 27, 2013, 3:32:39 PM
Ahh great. I was wondering how useful it might be for this build. I can always just use an Alpha Howl then. :P
Warband: IGN: Benko
I'm having trouble with accuracy, not sure if it's just RNG being RNG or just accuracy being really bad. right now I only have 86% and I'm not hitting as much as I thought I should be.
"
I'm having trouble with accuracy, not sure if it's just RNG being RNG or just accuracy being really bad. right now I only have 86% and I'm not hitting as much as I thought I should be.

My sheet accuracy is 80%, but it goes down when you level so it's hard to know what your actual accuracy is vs monsters.
It's worth getting accuracy on helm/jewelry but it can be hard, so many good stats to use.
You could get the 20% accuracy node at start of Ranger.

---------------------------------------------------

Updated the post with more information, and new dps stats :^)

Last edited by Oos on Dec 29, 2013, 1:07:46 AM
"
Oosband wrote:
"

My sheet accuracy is 80%, but it goes down when you level so it's hard to know what your actual accuracy is vs monsters.
It's worth getting accuracy on helm/jewelry but it can be hard, so many good stats to use.

are all those taken w/ abyssus on?
"
RabidRabbit wrote:
"
Oosband wrote:
"

are all those taken w/ abyssus on?

lol yeah, you gotta get the dps boner pics to get people interested.
I do PvP with Abyssus but doing maps with it is pretty dumb.

My normal PvE farming dps is 55K (no Abyssus), although most of the time I farm with MF gear at around 37k Reave.
I have basically the same exact build and it just feels like I'm fishing for crits. Crits 1-shot most enemies, so the non-crit attacks I hit them with beforehand might as well have all done nothing.

Currently at 83% accuracy, 63.7% crit chance with a 10+ base crit dagger, Maligaro's, Rat's Nest, and one diamond ring, so only 44% of my attacks actually crit. I can't think of too many ways to further improve crit chance...

1) Power charge on crit. I've tried but I'm not built for power charges at all, so it just brings my crit chance up to 79%, so 54% of my attacks crit.

2) Additional accuracy. I don't have a high lvl and quality one to test, but if my math is right a 20/20 gem would bring me up to 90.5% hit and 67.7% crit, so 55% of my attacks crit. This is surprisingly better than having 3 power charges. Also replacing a blue support w/ a green one would save me some headaches rolling socket colors on evasion gear.

3) Don't use multistrike? It goes against everything reave stands for and is a huge drop in paper dps, but multistrike forces you to crit or no-crit in chains of three attacks. If you don't crit, you're forced to wait a little longer for your next chance; if you crit, you kill on the first hit and look stupid standing there swinging at nothing twice afterwards.
Last edited by RabidRabbit on Dec 29, 2013, 1:08:05 PM
"
RabidRabbit wrote:
I have basically the same exact build and it just feels like I'm fishing for crits. Crits 1-shot most enemies, so the non-crit attacks I hit them with beforehand might as well have all done nothing.

Currently at 83% accuracy, 63.7% crit chance with a 10+ base crit dagger, Maligaro's, Rat's Nest, and one diamond ring, so only 44% of my attacks actually crit. I can't think of too many ways to further improve crit chance...

1) Power charge on crit. I've tried but I'm not built for power charges at all, so it just brings my crit chance up to 79%, so 54% of my attacks crit.

2) Additional accuracy. I don't have a high lvl and quality one to test, but if my math is right a 20/20 gem would bring me up to 90.5% hit and 67.7% crit, so 55% of my attacks crit. This is surprisingly better than having 3 power charges. Also replacing a blue support w/ a green one would save me some headaches rolling socket colors on evasion gear.

3) Don't use multistrike? It goes against everything reave stands for and is a huge drop in paper dps, but multistrike forces you to crit or no-crit in chains of three attacks. If you don't crit, you're forced to wait a little longer for your next chance; if you crit, you kill on the first hit and look stupid standing there swinging at nothing twice afterwards.

What does your tree look like? I think you should have a higher crit chance with your gear.

I think PCoC is only good if you build for it and get 5+ charges, before that Crit Chance gem is probably better for consistency.
Added accuracy quality is very nice, I sometimes use it on flicker, but this there's always better gems to use in a 5/6L. I'd never drop Multistrike in a Reave setup, it's just too good.

I agree with what you say about needing more crit, it's either 1 shot or 2-3shots. What I did was focus on getting more base damage on jewlery/gear so that my non-crits still did a lot. A physical roll on jewelry will be scaled like crazy from your passive tree, so it helps a lot for non-crits.

If you want to go all out on crit, then play it similar to Wander and use PCoC (with more charges) and 20% accuracy gem. You'll have to drop added fire or other support gems if you want to focus on maximum crit chance.

Link your passive tree and gear if possible, would be nice to see.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info