We players want an Auction House.

This player doesn't want one AH neither those "Set up shop" things in game that just ruin the way you see things inside.

I think that the best that would do, for now, would be to add a trade in forum system plus a way to search items without having to resource to an external website.

◙ Something plugged into the PM System so both sides can put the item(s) and trade them after chatting for the trade system would be good enough.

This would preserve, to a point, the social aspect of a trade in game without that cluster of spam to find an item or problems trying to get into the right instance of a town even while being at the same party.

Both sides would still need to get their items verified and agree to it to have it done so dunno what problems could generate from it.

◙ For the search, something similar to the external websites around and a way to give a check on items on the stash to be able to receive PMs about it would be enough.
Last edited by ProNab on Nov 19, 2013, 3:50:11 AM
"
chaotix14 wrote:
Auction houses are really bad for the ingame economy. There are hundereds of a specific unique out there, and a lot are being sold. If that were to happen in an auction house there'd be constant undercutting in prices untill that 10 exalted orb item goes for a couple of chaos orbs. Which would lead to more grinding, as they need more currency than those few chaos to complete their builds resulting in even more uniques landing in the auction house and lowering the price for those uniques further too.

It's a downward spiral that becomes worse and worse untill even the best uniques aren't even worth picking up to sell anymore.
With the trade channels you have limited knowledge, severely limited offers and therfore you can't nessecarrily find the best and cheapest deals. Adding some guesswork to trading and keeping the value of items at decent values due to people overpaying as well as people getting cheap deals.

This is what an auction house does for the ingame economy, at first it may be beneficial for people who don't want to keep an eye on their trade chat logs while doing quests, farming and running maps. It will cause price drops, untill the only things that are worth picking up are orbs.

So I competely side with GGG on this, no auction house period! Stop whining, learn to use the current system or use that zombie fodder of yours to think up a more interresting trade system that will not destroy the ingame economy.(Like Durentis' marketplace idea)

This post, made it all clear for me - NO.AUCTION.HOUSE.PLEASE.

...................................................₪₪╔═══════════════════════╗₪₪
░▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▀▄▀ⓡ ⓔ ⓑ ⓔ ⓛ ●๋ ⓔ ⓧ ⓘ ⓛ ⓔ▀▄▀░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓██████▓▒░
...................................................₪₪╚═══════════════════════╝₪₪
Main issue is AH is bots undercutting the shit out of everyone, because other people rarely actually undercut other people to the same extent. With Ah bots can instantly list anything and make instant profit and it's was even worse with the RMAH in D3.

There is no supply and demand curve in PoE or in video games in general because supply and demand is based on limited resources. There is an infinite amount of possible drops in this game, there are no limited resources outside of time of farming something. AH cuts down farming where you can just instantly buy the top 95% items next to nothing and always looking for the next cheap upgrade as oppose to enjoying farming the game itself.

You do not need an AH to progress in the game, there are tons of builds that can beat the game in vendor gear.

Only thing I would agree on is a in-game mail system to have an easier time to contact people to trade. Whole reason why items have some value even if they may be shitty because there's inefficiency in choosing to trade over playing. With an AH you can effectively sell everything while playing, making trading an afterthought as oppose to an choice.

You can argue all about how an Ah will benefit players, nope.

It only benefits botters, people who are already pimped out and can farm mediocre or decent items at a crazy rate and don't give a shit about selling them next to nothing and people who want to play AH and merchant everything until it's overpriced or worth next to nothing.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Nov 19, 2013, 6:45:19 AM
This ship already sailed. Nobody with any brains is using trade chat for anything other than picking up a certain gem or currency every now and then. And the prices for those are already quite static.

Everyone else has moved to poe.xyz or poexplorer a while ago already. So in effect, we already have an auction house, it's just hosted by a 3rd party, and the items need to be transferred manually.

All your worries and excuses for why AH would ruin POE should already be happening, and yet all I tend to see is "I saw a similar item to yours for a bit cheaper, would you lower your price a bit?".

So the sky didn't fall, the economy didn't crash, the game didn't end. The AH came, made things a little bit easier and life went on normally.

Now GGG just needs to take the logical next step, and stop making us have to portal out of instances just to drag that one item to A1 normal to do the trade.
from buyers perspective poexyz and current system is not too bad. however, trying to sell something is a different story.
i dont have time to post/update forum post with my items,
i dont have patience for dealing with stupid price questions,
i cant be bothered to waste stash space nor make dozen of mules and keep track of them,
i despise haggling,
finally i cant be bothered to look up comparison prices for my items to set buyouts.

oh and the actual trade - just love jumping instances for 30s+ while i try to find my mark while hes trying to find me, pure waste of time

this is not d2 ffs, well over decade has passed. been there done that.

end result of my (brief) trading experience - closed down the shop, and other than gg items and some high uniques, i now vendor everything (for chaos recipes where applicable).

so yes, i do want the ah, and fook the 'economy' whine wyth is wool anyway, it adapts - unlike d2(mentality?) players who have time to scam others, AND like it
"
tiggyx wrote:
from buyers perspective poexyz and current system is not too bad. however, trying to sell something is a different story.
i dont have time to post/update forum post with my items,
i dont have patience for dealing with stupid price questions,
i cant be bothered to waste stash space nor make dozen of mules and keep track of them,
i despise haggling,
finally i cant be bothered to look up comparison prices for my items to set buyouts.

oh and the actual trade - just love jumping instances for 30s+ while i try to find my mark while hes trying to find me, pure waste of time

this is not d2 ffs, well over decade has passed. been there done that.

end result of my (brief) trading experience - closed down the shop, and other than gg items and some high uniques, i now vendor everything (for chaos recipes where applicable).

so yes, i do want the ah, and fook the 'economy' whine wyth is wool anyway, it adapts - unlike d2(mentality?) players who have time to scam others, AND like it

I agree about the problems if you want to sell, which can be a bit time consuming, but still I don't want an AH.
Instead it could be useful having a couple of board like the one for the public parties: a board for Weapons, one for Armors and one for gems/currency offer.
Maybe there could be a limit to the number of items and/of of posts in each of those boards for each player, so there wouldn't be too much.
Then there could be a "tag system" (selecting them maybe in 2 menu created by the dev) to use with some type of searching.

i.e.: I want to sell a couple of evasion armor high level with x slot/link and I will chose the Armor board, create a post and select among the various tags "evasion only" "5L on x Slots". Anyone interested would be able to see that (plus maybe my status offline/online) and eventually contact me, without looking outside the game.
No istant buy/sell, but also no need to spend a lot of time in the trade chat while in game. The limit to the numbers of post, based on the player and not on the character (and obviosly decided by devs on the base of their impact on the system), will keep a bit of order and prevent spam.

I hope to have been helpful (and understandable, English is not my main language).
I honestly do not understand "NO AH!" type of people. They can add it and if you don't want - just don't use it - simple as that. Use your primitive methods of trading and be happy with it - we can use an easier way to make trades and be happy with it.

The only problem I can see is that everything has to be trade with 1 single currency, because the ratio is not really that much fixed. And that single currency will become more valuable (better liquidity) so if they ever introduce AH the chaos to anything ratio (I assume the currency used for trades will be chaos or alchemy) will be quite shaken up.

The problem with D3 AH is that there is no good gold sink in d3 and d3 gold itself has little to no value so inflation is unescapeable. On the other hand in here each and every currency has it's own value and uses and are constantly flushed out of the game (used on items) so inflation is not really a problem.
"
hajutzebg wrote:
I honestly do not understand "NO AH!" type of people. They can add it and if you don't want - just don't use it - simple as that.

Well, YOU WOULD understand if you WOULD use your brain and READ what people have WROTE here... There are MANY people with GOOD reasons to say: "No, I don't want an AH ingame"...

Read the posts - think about them for at least some seconds - think again, so you REALLY understand what an AH does to the game - and then come here and post again...
This is not the first game that is faced with this same suggestion. I've read everything that can be written about AHs when they introduced it in RuneScape, I really doubt you guys can bring anything new on the table.
"
hajutzebg wrote:
This is not the first game that is faced with this same suggestion. I've read everything that can be written about AHs when they introduced it in RuneScape, I really doubt you guys can bring anything new on the table.

Rofl. So you didn't even bother to read any post in this thread and the only argument you have is "OMG I CANT UNDERSTAND PEOPLE WHO ARE AGAINST AH!!!1"...? Wow, never met such an ignorant person...

Well, time to ignore you. People who are not interested in a real conversation with real arguments are not worth my time. Cya
Last edited by AceNightfire on Nov 20, 2013, 6:59:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info