We players want an Auction House.

its much better that way - only benefits for everyone of us !
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ... to say WE.

I DO NOT ----> NOT <---- want an auction house and it would be a reason for me to quit this game if it had one!

Casuals need to stop whining.
I am a player and I definitely do not want to see an auction house.

Though a marketplace similar to that in Lineage II might be interesting. At least with a marketplace of people sitting down to set up shop, you have to walk through hunting for things.. no instantly searchable spreadsheets. It opened up interesting price differences in trades that could be quite profitable to those lucky enough to find them without entirely sacrificing the hunt for loot experience.
Auction house definitely will invite more trouble than convenience. Probably because if the seller will be ripped if he/she do not know the price of the item. There is also a chance if the scammer want to transfer item "Legitly"
Auction houses are really bad for the ingame economy. There are hundereds of a specific unique out there, and a lot are being sold. If that were to happen in an auction house there'd be constant undercutting in prices untill that 10 exalted orb item goes for a couple of chaos orbs. Which would lead to more grinding, as they need more currency than those few chaos to complete their builds resulting in even more uniques landing in the auction house and lowering the price for those uniques further too.

It's a downward spiral that becomes worse and worse untill even the best uniques aren't even worth picking up to sell anymore.
With the trade channels you have limited knowledge, severely limited offers and therfore you can't nessecarrily find the best and cheapest deals. Adding some guesswork to trading and keeping the value of items at decent values due to people overpaying as well as people getting cheap deals.

This is what an auction house does for the ingame economy, at first it may be beneficial for people who don't want to keep an eye on their trade chat logs while doing quests, farming and running maps. It will cause price drops, untill the only things that are worth picking up are orbs.

So I competely side with GGG on this, no auction house period! Stop whining, learn to use the current system or use that zombie fodder of yours to think up a more interresting trade system that will not destroy the ingame economy.(Like Durentis' marketplace idea)
"
ibase wrote:

We players think you should go back to diablo 3
"The problem with scrubcore is that it is full of of scrubs"
- King Edward the Longshanks
"
ibase wrote:

we ? more like you....
i at least dont want it and it seem's i am not alone with that oppinion

"
eebertay wrote:
"
ibase wrote:

We players think you should go back to diablo 3

Diablo 3 has acknowledged their mistake's and are copying PoE so they wont have an auction house for that much longer :)

sadly D3 has long died and even the expansion doesnt seem to be able to compete against PoE
Last edited by Modchristian89 on Nov 18, 2013, 11:47:13 AM
I'd rather not see an AH in PoE, but I wouldn't mind an in-game way to search player shops, with a filter for online players. Let me find what I'm looking for, and I'll haggle from there.
"
CycloneJack wrote:
I'd rather not see an AH in PoE, but I wouldn't mind an in-game way to search player shops, with a filter for online players. Let me find what I'm looking for, and I'll haggle from there.

i just threw up a post on a suggestion for the best trading system id seen in a game

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/628014
"The problem with scrubcore is that it is full of of scrubs"
- King Edward the Longshanks
Last edited by eebertay on Nov 18, 2013, 11:51:30 AM
I think an auction house would help to sell items. Currently you need to spam the trace channels over hours, this would be a thing of the past with an auction house.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info