Finally gave in..

i also donated before xmas, actually it was 21dec.. a month from OB;

However, this month is holiday month which we have few long weekend to play :D and 10USD for 100 Credit which you might want to purchase it when it's OB; Hence, I dont see the reason not to pay for early access.
"
Elynole wrote:
Welcome to the Community!

The best advice I can give you is don't forget you'll need defense as you level up your character, most work towards damage as they level their first build and then hit a brick wall at later difficulties because they're constantly dying :)

This is the best advise. Get all the +Life, +resistance, armor & evasion that you can. The DPS will still be fine.
I just bought my pack too, after months of wanting. I wish you well, OP!
Last edited by BlackDeath3 on Dec 28, 2012, 1:08:56 PM
"
Sizzilla wrote:
Just bought the early access pack? Whatever its called.
Can't wait to start playing it, the community seems really great too.

Any tips for a newbie?

I would say #1 thing to do is research. Build of the week will give something to think about.
Welcome to the grinder. Reminds me, why don't we have well-formatted "new player information" thread? Or did I miss anything?
Code. Frag. | gplus.to/mystrdat | twitch.tv/mystrdat
Welcome aboard!

My personal tip to you is this is not like other ARPG's where your damage is the key. I've been playing on and off for months and I've died on countless characters due to my own ignorance and wanting to do insane DPS numbers. Always take survivability over DPS.

Also, as another tip, play Hardcore. Die, make a new character and still play hardcore. HC is how the game is meant to be played.
If you don't do any research, like me, your first character will suck.

After that, you'll start to get the hang of things.

Experimentation is very rewarding.
You gotta experiment

Or else you're a ho-bag
Actually you can play any way you want -- experimentally or otherwise -- and you won't be a 'ho-bag'.

I'd hate to have to put you on probation, Dale. Beardmaster needs the Off-Topic...or maybe it's the other way around.

At any rate, enough of that thank you.
Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Predecessor, Warhammer 40k Inquisitor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Deep Rock Galactic/Remnant 2 (MP w mates);
Tablet - - Buriedbornes 2, Dawncaster, Loop Hero, Fate GO;
and,
PC - - Word and winamp ~_^
"
mystrdat wrote:
Welcome to the grinder. Reminds me, why don't we have well-formatted "new player information" thread? Or did I miss anything?

You wouldn't perhaps be talking about the stickied thread at the top of this board, would you?

The one inexplicably named 'FAQ'?

Hm.
Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Predecessor, Warhammer 40k Inquisitor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Deep Rock Galactic/Remnant 2 (MP w mates);
Tablet - - Buriedbornes 2, Dawncaster, Loop Hero, Fate GO;
and,
PC - - Word and winamp ~_^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info