Floating damage numbers

I know this isn't a new topic iv'e seen the old post about at and ggg response but this was almost a year ago so i'm just asking .. is there any news about it ;p ?
btw this isn't about if you want it or not just if they add it or not
Last bumped on Dec 26, 2017, 6:53:53 PM
i am pretty sure they have stated they are not working on it, and will not be adding it at all.
But why :( you allready lack in animations and most build spam 1 skill (thanks to codt)
it feels cheap and plus fdt is something that input in all mmo / rpg games out there .
is there a reason ?
the game just feel doll dont you thinkk ?
Last edited by nadavken on Nov 17, 2013, 11:44:53 AM
"
nadavken wrote:
But why :( you allready lack in animations and most build spam 1 skill (thanks to codt)
it feels cheap and plus fdt is something that input in all mmo / rpg games out there .
is there a reason ?

And floating damage numbers will somehow resolve the issues you've mentioned?
"
nadavken wrote:
is there a reason ?

No, it's quite exciting thank you very much.

I would prefer not having numbers. When fighting mobs I don't want 90% of my screen covered with random numbers that will mean nothing to me. I'd rather see the fight, which of my minions needs healing, who needs cursing, etc...

Numbers will only hurt me.
IGN: Caessa_Undying - 4 FPS Immersive Rain 4 Lyfe!

Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/822740
"
Caessa wrote:
"
nadavken wrote:
is there a reason ?

No, it's quite exciting thank you very much.

I would prefer not having numbers. When fighting mobs I don't want 90% of my screen covered with random numbers that will mean nothing to me. I'd rather see the fight, which of my minions needs healing, who needs cursing, etc...

Numbers will only hurt me.

"When fighting mobs I don't want 90% of my screen covered" rofl nvm you right thanks willy
When fighting, 90% of the screen is already covered by bright flashy effects that mean nothing to me. Even random numbers that mean nothing to me would atleast allow me to better pinpoint the enemies. Numbers that means something to me would be even better, though.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
We tried it, internally, once upon a time. It was horrible...

Also, we won't just make an option for it, because this is the kind of option that isn't really optional: most people that HATE floating combat numbers would still use them, because they will perceive them to be an advantage, because all the streamers will use it, etc. etc. So the game would be slightly better for those who do like FCN and much, much worse for those who don't like them (including most of GGG).

So yeah, still a "no".
Code warrior
But

I love numbers

/cry

IGN: SMALLDUCK
I'd be happy with a confirmation box that popped up when you tried to choose the FCT option, which said:
"
Floating Damage Numbers look stupid, and you are a tool for using them. Real players don't need floating damage numbers. Do you still want to turn them on, you poser? [ Yes | No ]

Then also the bosses could taunt you about it. "Hey poindexter, how much damage does this attack do to you?"
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info