[Nemesis]RaizQT's Immortal Dom.Blow Summoner build (1.1.1b UPDATED)

This is my first ever topic like this. I'm making it because many people have been asking the same questions on my stream and hopefully it will help out some people :)I was top 10 in nemesis for quite a while before i stopped playing. I also revisited the build for the 1wk race and managed to get #1 marauder and #8 overall while being quite casual and doing it all COMPLETELY SOLO!!. I apologize in advance for my english/grammar/unproffesionalism (??) but I'll do my best and hopefully it won't be too terrible! Also, sorry for the admins its in the wrong section but when i made this build before i made it with a scion.

www.twitch.tv/RaizQT << For gameplay and questions that i somehow didint cover in this topic :P Or you can just come to have some fun. I stream 14h + a day so its hard to miss when im online :) I am currently working on a improved version of this build (but much more expensive)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ym-zYx1yZc << Added a somewhat quick video that i made in the middle of the night because im not playing summoner as much as i used to. Its my first video ever and took it reaaally easy on the map clear so dont be too harsh (DAT LIPSMACK THOU)!

--------------
PROS
-Outstanding damage, 90 % of the time you dont even need to stop moving(except the times where you're dom.blowing ;)).Your minions kill everything while youre running past enemy mobs.

-Scales incredibly. Not much to explain here. The stronger the enemy the better your minions. Getting a storm herald in a 75+ map feels quite amazing especially when soloing.

-uncomperable survivabily.HUGE amount of life/life regen and the possibility of having multiple auras + the meat shield from your minions make You the ultimate shield when soloing or in a party.

-Super cheap. The only item you really require are Bones of ullr(1 chaos for perfect) for 3 specters. The rest of the gear is just pure defensive/aura gear which makes this build amazing for self found for the people who hate trading.

-Any map mod. There are no map mods that this build cannot do. The only problem you can run into is reflect maps which kill your spectres but that only makes the map slightly slower compared to your typical clear speed.

--------------
CONS
-Getting your spectres every time you log out/crash takes up a bit of time. But that will be fixed soon as stated by chris on reddit!

-Your character mostly relies on minions. This is quite typical for a summoner build but i would still say this build picks up REALLY fast once you find some mobs to kill. The fact that you can actually do damage with dom. blow even with a 1h is trully amazing. But for people who never played a summoner the 2-3 minutes getting spectres everytime something happens to them might be annoying.

-Terrible untill ~ lvl 50. No way around it. I'd say this build really picks up once you have the option of getting cruel undying evangelists. Before that its quite slow and i wouldnt recommend lvling with it.

------------
SKILLS

Helm 4l - Minion life / Minion damage / Raise zombie / Minion elemental ressistance. (this is somewhat questionable thou. Some people prefer to use melee splash+ multistrike for your minions. For me making your zombies tanky is better than anything in this build. Sadly, zombies are quite slow and if you have 20+ minions they will simply never reach the target to actually hit it.

Weapon 1h 3s - vulnerability / Enfeeble / Devouring totem. (You can 3l this and use inc duration or increased aoe but i prefer devouring totem since i find it incredibly usefull in this league)

Gloves 4l - Vitality / Reduced mana / Purity of elements / Hatred. (This is your aura slot. I use hatred atm due to the fact that i prefer to have IR on my amulet instead of dex. For thoes who dont enjoy IR as much as i do i recommend a dex amulet + haste)

Boots 4l - Raise spectre / Faster casting / Minion damage / Increased AOE. (I recommend all of these gems to be 20% quality however it is not undoable without them. Some people use conc effect instead of increased AOE but to me that reduces your damage greatly in the big picture. Less mobs hit = less damage and due to the fact your spectres use "delayed blast" which makes them miss a lot if the aoe is not big enough)

Chest 5l - Dom. Blow / multistrike / Increased duration / melee splash / blood magic. (I REALLY recommend dom blow and increased duration to be 20% quality since it extends the life of your minions greatly. I also use a non linked rejuv totem here just because it helps with healing minions but thats very situational.

Shield 3l - Up untill this point i was using Cast when damage taken / molten shell / enduring cry BUT clearly that might not be the best option for this build as of now due to the nerf. Im experimenting with guardian and some other stuff but i just cant make up my mind. I'll keep you guys posted.

-------------------
GEAR

gloves/chest/shield : resists/life/armour

Helm : resists/life/ES/ + 2 minions ( + 2 is a MUST HAVE. The base has to be ES because you need 4b for your zombies unless you want to run multistrike + melee splash which i already disapproved above)

Boots : Bones of ullr (no other options here, aim for 15 % MS )
amulet/rings/gloves : high life/resists

belt : armor/life/ressists (You can use a rustic but it doesnt scale too well. Headhunter is also an option but i find the 20s timer just bad compared to my 100s dom blow minions, its a matter of preference)

chest : resists/life/armour ( astral plate preferably )

weapon : Highest dps 1h you can find. Attack speed is INCREDIBLY important here(even more than the damage) because it makes you very mobile. Often you will find yourself just hitting air with your multistrike if your weapon is too slow which can put you in a really bad spot in some situations. The greater the attack speed the more survivabily you have. If you cant afford a good weapon just use a brightbeak, they have great attack speed and ressistances. Unless your weapon has AMAZING dps you wont feel the difference anyway. Soul taker is obviously an option since then you can drop your bloodmagic gem and replace it with added fire which would also benefit your minions but i wouldnt never say its mandatory.

Make sure you get atleast 1% mana leech on an item ( ring/amulet/gloves )

----------------------

Q&A

(this will be updated everytime i get a good question)

Q : Which spectres to get?!
A : If youre just doing maps, undying evangelists for sure. The skill gems i listed and everything else in this build is specced for them. For farming piety, 2 evangelists + 1 miscreation. For phys reflect maps get flame sentinels if you hate it when you spectres die.

Q : Why did you spec out of double curse ?
A : I specced out of it because when doing maps its very clear to me which curse i need to use. Either i overpower my enemies completly and i use vulnerability or the mobs are giving me a hard time and i use enfeeble. In a party typically someone has double curse anyway so it only matters for soloing.

Q : What bandits ?
A : norm - oak / cruel - skill point / merc - skill point

(this will be updated everytime i get a good question)
IGN - RaizQT
Last edited by RaizQT on Mar 26, 2014, 6:11:08 AM
It's an amazing build. Posting so I can find it again =)

Only question is, what passives should I be prioritizing for level 50/60. Never played a summoner.
Last edited by tertle on Nov 18, 2013, 6:01:14 AM
"
tertle wrote:
It's an amazing build. Posting so I can find it again =)

Only question is, what passives should I be prioritizing for level 50/60. Never played a summoner.

Stick to life till around 45 then just go for the summoner nodes. Around lvl 60 you should be more than ready to switch to summoner.
IGN - RaizQT
Editing because the problems I ran into were just from being lower level and having mediocre gear.

I have another question though: If you use Rime Gaze with the Summon Spectre setup in the helm and the zombies in the boots, would the build still function?
Last edited by socktower on Nov 23, 2013, 5:19:34 AM
What did you use to level? At 32 I can not sustain the mana with a bright beak and 4 link melee strike, melee splash, bloodmagic and dominating blow. with blood magic in, I kill my self in 2 seconds. I have been using spectral throw... but at some point I would like to use the build :/. Can you help me out?
I'm level 66 with this build now. Doing really well now.

Leveling was painful though. It wasn't till around 55 that I really started destroying stuff, before that I was extremely weak. Had to rely on spectral throw, spamming mana pots and friends rushing me.
You said that you prefer "IR" on your amulet instead of dex... What do you mean by IR? Cant be Iron Reflexes... Item rarity??
IGN Ken__Kaniff
"
Knightmare101 wrote:
You said that you prefer "IR" on your amulet instead of dex... What do you mean by IR? Cant be Iron Reflexes... Item rarity??

Item rarity. I run 3 auras but cannot summon minions while i do so which is typically not a problem because they dont die.
IGN - RaizQT
"
Fireturd wrote:
What did you use to level? At 32 I can not sustain the mana with a bright beak and 4 link melee strike, melee splash, bloodmagic and dominating blow. with blood magic in, I kill my self in 2 seconds. I have been using spectral throw... but at some point I would like to use the build :/. Can you help me out?

Like i said, this is not a lvling build. I dont recommend it to anyone below lvl 50-60. Its close to impossible to lvl with it. Just lvl with ST which is strong even without DPS nodes.
IGN - RaizQT
"
socktower wrote:
Editing because the problems I ran into were just from being lower level and having mediocre gear.

I have another question though: If you use Rime Gaze with the Summon Spectre setup in the helm and the zombies in the boots, would the build still function?

The build would still function but i would deff recommend having a 20/20 zombie gem.
IGN - RaizQT

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info