ZiggyD's Etheral Knives Mana Shield Scion/Shadow Build Guide - Hardcore (Updated for 1.1)

"
Kurgosh wrote:
Mana regen is based on max mana, so discipline gives ES -> max mana -> mana regen. It's definitely worth using for me, especially when I'm running fast clears (meaning I'm moving a lot, and artic armour is draining a lot). I'm considering swapping it out for slower content (solo mapping), except that it's blue, and I don't have a lot else to run that's blue.

Ok, got it. But I still prefer to not run it. Currently I have 1200 mana for my free usage wit 260/s mana regeneration. I can run Arctic Armor without any problems running with it like a mad ;) With Discipline I have far less mana for my usage and due to the fact I'm fine with my regen I don't need it at all, what's more it's even worse because less mana sometimes means more problems - Mind over Matter means 30% dmg is taken from mana. I prefer to have more of it.

Thx for nice conversation.

Cheers,
May God have mercy upon my enemies; they will need it.
"
"
Kurgosh wrote:
Mana regen is based on max mana, so discipline gives ES -> max mana -> mana regen. It's definitely worth using for me, especially when I'm running fast clears (meaning I'm moving a lot, and artic armour is draining a lot). I'm considering swapping it out for slower content (solo mapping), except that it's blue, and I don't have a lot else to run that's blue.

Ok, got it. But I still prefer to not run it. Currently I have 1200 mana for my free usage wit 260/s mana regeneration. I can run Arctic Armor without any problems running with it like a mad ;) With Discipline I have far less mana for my usage and due to the fact I'm fine with my regen I don't need it at all, what's more it's even worse because less mana sometimes means more problems - Mind over Matter means 30% dmg is taken from mana. I prefer to have more of it.

Cheers,

If you don't need it, don't use it. But I know that I spend 370 mana per second, just standing and shooting. Without Disicpline, you simply can't get that much regen and still maintain MoM mana-regen. My regen is 433 - 460 (depends on gear), with it.

At this point, if I turn off Discipline, I'm losing a bit of mana every second, regardless on MoM.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Jan 14, 2014, 4:24:17 AM
Damn Died on lvl 66 with this build, thanks to those stupid lightning mobs (STORM HERALD) got surrounded. :(
But this was my first build on nemesis nd have so much fun. Thank you ZiggyD for this amazing great build. :D

Will try out your Rain of Arrows Ranger now :D
Last edited by FrostyFeat_ on Jan 14, 2014, 4:57:56 AM
Isnt it worth getting doom cast ? For some critrs sometimes :) ?
Or if it like the only crit stat u have its worthless :S ? Help me out here.
Runslingan! The Power Of ~^S.W.E.D.E.N^~
"
Runslingan wrote:
Isnt it worth getting doom cast ? For some critrs sometimes :) ?
Or if it like the only crit stat u have its worthless :S ? Help me out here.

The question really is what do you have to lose to free up the two points in order to get 3% more crit on EK? Assuming you manage to do the full build to begin with, which puts you around lvl 93-94, it's one of:

Life
Life/Mana
Aura Res/Effect
Cast Speed
Armor/ES/Resists

You can drop the 1 pt in Agility if you have enough Dex on gear. After that, the most painless loss is probably either 5% reduced mana reserved in the Leadership cluster or a Life/Mana node (possibly the 6 life/4 chaos res after Purity of Flesh).

If I were going to use two points differently, I'd probably just get 6% cast speed instead of 3% crit, assuming you have no other crit and no additional crit multi.
"
CantripN wrote:
"
"
Kurgosh wrote:

Cheers,

If you don't need it, don't use it. But I know that I spend 370 mana per second, just standing and shooting. Without Disicpline, you simply can't get that much regen and still maintain MoM mana-regen. My regen is 433 - 460 (depends on gear), with it.

At this point, if I turn off Discipline, I'm losing a bit of mana every second, regardless on MoM.

Ok, little update from my side. You guys were right about good things coming from Discipline. Yesterday I've reached lvl 80.

My current tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAACGcRlhUgFy8YPBjbGYoaOBqPHNwdFB2qHpQhwyj6KaUqTSzpLYMtqC9vMZ41kjbpPydBh0NjRnFKyE3jTipVxlXWVi1X4Vj1W69k52aebqpvnnC7cU108X_GgKSCHoLHgwmFMojxj0aQVZDWkyeTOpcGms-btZ3EoqOmV6cIp4SsP6xZrH-xkLQMtfK3Mbc-t9a4k70nwBrB88M6xKLKSs9l0NDZE9sL21ncV90N4Yjjaudj6-722vll-ej60vsJ_gr-jw==

When I checked Discipline last time I didn't wear my current helmet (+2 level to aura gems). I haven't had so much mana as now. So right now running Discipline looks pretty nice. I can turn on all the bloody auras: Discipline + Clarity + Hatred + Grace and Arctic Armor as addition having still 1100 mana for normal usage with regen 310/s

Thanks again...
May God have mercy upon my enemies; they will need it.
I've just got high enough to swap from ST to EK, is the gear meant to be relatively cheap to get for levelling? (I have no other char to farm currency/gear)
I just use what i find.
I also have swapped from ST to EK yesterday and it is working nicely with just self-found gear even though i would like some faster casting and more range on my EK.
I rather save the currency i have for the end-game equipment.
But if i run into trouble ahead i might reconsider.
Hi.
I would like to share my char based on ZiggyD's build. I am 84 lvl now.
My eq:
Spoiler

Life: 3 900
Maxed resists (75%)
Mana regen: 320
Armour: 3 000 (with grace it's 10 000)
DPS: 5 000 (with Hatred)

I am able to run my 18lvl AA, soon it will be 19lvl and I think that I can use it easly.

Last edited by ugiugi on Jan 15, 2014, 8:44:25 AM
When it comes to gear, for example ring stats like 10-33 added phys damage, added 2-50 lightning damage dont affect the EK damage, right?
How about for example the unique ring Berek´s Pass, it have 10-15% more fire damage and 30% increased damage while ignited.
Will those apply when using EK?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info