ZiggyD's Etheral Knives Mana Shield Scion/Shadow Build Guide - Hardcore (Updated for 1.1)

Are you sure EK base it crits from the wand/weapon?
Maybe it has a fixed crit chance as with the damage for example.
I have have thoughts in the same direction ie. to boost critchance.
I think it must be global critchance or spell critchance to work with the passive skills in the tree.
"
Mateo_swe wrote:
Are you sure EK base it crits from the wand/weapon?
Maybe it has a fixed crit chance as with the damage for example.
I have have thoughts in the same direction ie. to boost critchance.
I think it must be global critchance or spell critchance to work with the passive skills in the tree.

EK has its own crit chance, but he's talking about using a cast on crit set up which would use the crit chance of the wand to proc EK casts.
running your build atm , but struggeling a bit , but anyways great, thanks for a great build!
I was wondering on which gem I should use quality first? I have EK + Faster Casting + Life Leech + Projectile Speed + Added Fire Damage. I guess EK? Or maybe Faster Casting?
"
Paziu1337 wrote:
I was wondering on which gem I should use quality first? I have EK + Faster Casting + Life Leech + Projectile Speed + Added Fire Damage. I guess EK? Or maybe Faster Casting?

Either Faster Casting or Faster Projectiles. Q is the same.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
ty for guide
IGN - Nrjee 84 Shadow / Nrgee 80 Witch / Nargee 88 Scion (Domination)
Shop http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/695424
Last edited by enrge on Jan 12, 2014, 3:58:43 PM
Why are you using iron will gem? it does nothing for EK
"
GGZII wrote:
Why are you using iron will gem? it does nothing for EK

Huh? It adds 1% Spell Damage per 5 STR. You don't get that normally, even if this is a Physical Damage Spell. Only melee attacks get that for free.

Not to mention the additional 15% Spell Damage from q20.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Jan 12, 2014, 5:21:04 PM
"
Pure Energy Shield type Shield is preferred as this will be a huge source of mana for you and spell mods. Core Mods are Spell Damage, Life, increased ES, Mana Regeneration & Resists. Additional Mana is also nice.

Saw this and thought to myself that this sounds very much like a Rathpith Globe, which of course also comes with spell block. That got me thinking about building a variant of Ziggy's build made for spell block - to do that I'd have to give up something, and decided to give up the armor/ES nodes in the templar part of the skill tree to pick up a bunch of block nodes. I really want max block, because block gives better returns the more you get of it.

Not fully optimized yet.

Not sure this is the best plan, and if anybody has ideas for further optimization please let me know. This assumes that I'll be using The Anvil eventually (not yet implemented) to get 30% base block, +10% from anvil, +34% from passives, +4% from tempest shield for 78% total block (max with anvil). With passive, rathpith, and eventually rainbowstride, 97% of my block chance should apply to spells, for 75% spell block. Is that worth the points I'm giving up, and the speed lost to the anvil? Don't know, but I aim to find out.

With my current gear (linked below), running hatred, discipline, tempest and clarity, the build can facetank merc Piety in her lightning or fire forms (and anything else in Lunaris other than Kole), and makes voidbearers and similar fast attack mobs kill themselves (without the anvil's damage on block yet).

I don't have it set up yet, but I plan to get around the slow move speed with the lightning warp/faster cast/reduced duration combo, and by eventually picking up leather and steel to eliminate move penalty for armor.

Thoughts?

Current Gear
Last edited by Kurgosh on Jan 13, 2014, 12:25:45 AM
Hi,

First of all thx for a build. It's simply amazing.

Regarding passive tree I'm going your path but I took also little bit from Shivix as well because I'm on Domination league so IMHO I don't need soo much life.

Current tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAACGcRlhUgFy8YPBjbGYoaOBqPHNwdFB2qHpQhwyj6KaUqTSzpLYMtqDGeNZI26T8nQYdDY0ZxSshN404qVcZV1lYtV-FY9VuvZOdmnm6qb55wu3FNdPF_xoCkgh6Cx4MJhTKI8Y9GkFWQ1pMnkzqXBprPm7WdxKKjplenCKeErD-sWax_sZC0DLXytzG3PrfWuJO9J8AawfPDOsSiykrPZdDQ2RPbC9tZ3FfdDeGI42rnY-vu9tr5Zfno-tL7Cf4K_o8=

Right now I'm on level 79.

My gear

I'm doing right now maps 69-72. I've died 5 times or so (mostly due to my unawareness or stupid moves like going to the toilet and staying on the map ;)

The only thing which doesn't work for me (or in my opinion is not worth of using) is Discipline aura. Why? Simply because it does not give anything besides ES but reserves back in worse case 60% of mana. I'm running Hatred + Grace + Clarity and Arctic Armor having still 1100 mana for free usage. Don't need really any Discipline here.

That's it :) Again thanks for great build, I'm getting lot of fun with it.
May God have mercy upon my enemies; they will need it.
Last edited by _phlv_ on Jan 15, 2014, 10:16:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info