ZiggyD's Etheral Knives Mana Shield Scion/Shadow Build Guide - Hardcore (Updated for 1.1)

why not use power siphon + item rarity + item quantity?
"
PigBoyneo wrote:
Great build Ziggy, just dinged 83 and still not taken on anything to get my heart racing! (well apart from taking 2 hits of map kole ^^) But fighting packs of modded GMP voidbearers and not taking a single point of dmg is sick lol.

Gear:

Just one question, is there a noticeable dps increase with LvL 2 Empower over Iron Will or will the dps jump up when Empower hits LvL 3?

Anyway thanks again Ziggy

With my STR iron will is actually slightly better than Level 2 Empower - it's level 3 empower that really kicks ass! So for now I'm running empower on Arctic Armor heh
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
YouTube.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
Twitter.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
PoE and Strategy Gaming Content
"
mfrunner1 wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm following this build in Nemesis, I've made it up to 70 so far. I"m wondering why he is taking inner force over the two aura effect nodes at Sovereignty. Per point they are a better value ( 8% per point vs 7%) and they will buff your auras and therefore your entire group while Inner force only buffs effects on your own character.

Thanks

We can definitely take those as well! But I'll probably get those after the life/mana nodes as they are an overall better buff to the character.

I wouldnt be against taking those before you get inner force either - they are pretty decent.
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
"
DeadFear wrote:
why not use power siphon + item rarity + item quantity?

No item quantity support in Nemesis ;)

I used powersiphon for a while but since it does no damage it's pretty annoying if the mob is just above the low life threshold. bear trap actually does damage so it counters that.
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
Sorry if you answer this before I didn't read all 33 pages. What do you think about going unwavering stance and iron grip? with iron reflexes you don't have evasion anyway, and iron grip can help benefits from all the str node.
"
krido wrote:
Sorry if you answer this before I didn't read all 33 pages. What do you think about going unwavering stance and iron grip? with iron reflexes you don't have evasion anyway, and iron grip can help benefits from all the str node.

IG apllies on projectile attacks not spells.
hey ziggy big fan i am following this build and am currently 75, heres my situation.. i had a trash body armor i was using just for the 5 link that gave me like 250 evasion, i am over res cap by a fair bit so no res and no life on it, was not helpful at all so i had even considered getting a tabula rasa for the other link. then came across this item for a price i could afford.. i then spent WAY too much trying to 6 link it.. ended up stopping when i hit 5 for the 3rd time and was almost out of currency.. i plan on trying to 6 in the future unless i overlooked somthing major and people point it out.. anyway what do you think of this for my situation

i know life is valueable but the way i saw it is i save 3 talent points by refunding my mind over matter.. i get an EXTRA 10% reduction a whole bunch of mana and mana regen and those other talent points help me progress to important stuff faster and eventually find their way to more life.. any opinions?

thanks for your time i hope you reply to me :D
Last edited by knube2 on Dec 4, 2013, 8:41:37 AM
Is Ming's Heart a big enough damage upgrade to warrant the cost? I'm level 76 with about 4k dps which is slow for killing in maps. My EK isn't max level yet so I know once it is I'll gain a lot of damage as well as adding Empower or Iron Will once I get a 6 socket, but was just wondering how big of a damage upgrade Ming's would be.
"
BlackBear89 wrote:
Hello Community - I recently started playing Path of Exile. Loving it so far, but having a hard time finding a "New User Friendly" type set up. I've read and looked through this build and it seems very fun to play and offers a nice defensive stance I am looking for. Here is my question; Is it worth my time to venture out on this build even though I have no money or stocked up gear? From scratch, could I pull this off?

I see a lot of guides out there that do an amazing job explaining, but are meant for folks that have the means to supply themselves with the best gear available.

Thanks again.

While I'm not a new user I did start this build pretty much from scratch and it has been doing well for me. Granted I'm only level 49 and in A2 cruel. I expect it will get harder at some point but so far I have been very happy with how EK damage scales. I wasn't paying attention to the fact that grace only drops from one quest and I picked something else and my gear is not the best so I run away from some things because I am, shall we say, armor deficient but most mobs due quickly from EK.
ign: eksnerdion
Does Cloak of the Defiance really give 40% damage mana shield?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info