ZiggyD's Etheral Knives Mana Shield Scion/Shadow Build Guide - Hardcore (Updated for 1.1)

"
CantripN wrote:
To be honest, that 6th link doesn't add THAT much to EK, unless it's Empower level 3. It's nice to have, but not crucial.

6600 to 7400 with Iron Will at the moment.

6600 to 7300 with Empower Level 2.

Empower level 3 should be significantly more than that, probably close to 8000.

One of the biggest endgame damage buffs outside of a Ming's Heart!

But yeah, a 6link is expensive so you can definitely hold off on it if you need to.
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
YouTube.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
Twitter.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
PoE and Strategy Gaming Content
any suggestion of using Cloak of Defiance which class is better
IGN coolshadower, lightingking
Is this build the same as this?
http://pathofpoe.com/builds/view/ethereal-knives-tank/

or are they done by 2 different people? I find it easier to follow from there rather than on youtube though :/
Hi!

Would you recommend this to a semi new player that got low funds?
I'm currently a level 76 Scion and I'm playing a Spectral Throw build but I find it to be really boring so I'm looking for a new build.

I don't have much funds at all, probably around 1-2 exalts, would that be enough to make this build work semi-good?

Thanks.
"
Lodraky wrote:

or are they done by 2 different people? I find it easier to follow from there rather than on youtube though :/

Nah not mine, it's a pretty different build though it does have some similar routes in the passive tree.
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
"
evan8812 wrote:
any suggestion of using Cloak of Defiance which class is better

Witch, Templar and Shadow all benefit a lot from Cloak of Defiance. I'm making a Templar that uses it soon actually!
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
"
Lissmano wrote:
Hi!

Would you recommend this to a semi new player that got low funds?
I'm currently a level 76 Scion and I'm playing a Spectral Throw build but I find it to be really boring so I'm looking for a new build.

I don't have much funds at all, probably around 1-2 exalts, would that be enough to make this build work semi-good?

Thanks.

Yes! I made this build as my first build in the new Nemesis economy so everything it now has was found and earned through using the build.

That is, this build requires no external funding to get to and start farming endgame. The only unique it uses is Karui Ward which is <1chaos and it eventually needs a 5link which is 5-10 chaos.

It's a slightly complex build so I wouldnt recommend it as a new player's first build unless they were ARPG veterans but if you have 1-2 other builds under your belt then you should be fine!
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
"
ZiggyD wrote:
"
Lodraky wrote:

Nah not mine, it's a pretty different build though it does have some similar routes in the passive tree.

An even more similar build is this:
http://pathofpoe.com/builds/view/eb-mind-on-matter-tank-ek-scion/

That's the one I am using before when your's was not up. Tho the mana regen and max mana nodes in that build is a bit useless endgame and do need to be converted to aura/buff passives like you have to gain more.

Currenty I'm using a mix between the two and it's ok, would prob even drop more health nodes but going with 5k HP and at least 1k mana (~1.6k mana in party with other members Discipline) means I won't get 1 shoot in almost any scenario.
Last edited by tavirosu on Nov 27, 2013, 9:09:46 AM
Thanks ziggyd for the build, started yesterday and hope to reach 60 in the next week. Iwas a bit bored of my cyclone lvl 81. Fresh new start, hype is high !!!
RIP'd earlier at 79. Ran about 8 hours of maps one day and never really dropped below 75%, up to 71 maps.

Was doing a simple Spider Forest (I think?) and a Devourer just one shot me. I don't really know why but I now know never to fuck with Devourers.

Lost a 700 Armor / 600 ES chest in Nemesis! Time to reroll =)

Ziggy: Isn't your Jade Flask really subpar? As I understand it you don't really benefit from the +% to Evasion on it as IR. You need to reroll it to +% to Armor. I think, anyway.
Last edited by Valentia on Nov 27, 2013, 10:29:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info