ZiggyD's Etheral Knives Mana Shield Scion/Shadow Build Guide - Hardcore (Updated for 1.1)

Ziggy, what is the priority like in the later levels? Many of us are at the same point and have no real idea which route to take. Specifically at the 65-75 mark.
I just realized why you used the discipline aura

I had no idea you regenerated more mana the higher your base mana pool was

I just kept wondering how you could keep your artic armour running without much mana regen

Its a great build, cheers.
"
ZiggyD wrote:
"
eirstryder wrote:
I'm still kind of new and I plan on rerolling a character using this build (First character lvl42 split arrow duelist)

What would be the biggest weaknesses of this build? How much would it cost to go with this build? (I have a little bit of currency)

I built this character up from nothing so it doesnt really cost anything to get started. The end game gear costs depend on how far you want to push it. Things like a good 6 link chest and Ming's heart will cost multiple exalts each but everything else can be done for 5-10 chaos each for your endgame gear.

Biggest weakness is not being able to to no regen or blood magic maps - these a popular with a lot of other builds at the moment so it means you occasionally have to sit a map out that your group does.

That's a pretty minor thing though - I haven't found any other issues.

How long did it take you to go from starting the character to maps?
"
eirstryder wrote:
"
ZiggyD wrote:
"
eirstryder wrote:
I'm still kind of new and I plan on rerolling a character using this build (First character lvl42 split arrow duelist)

What would be the biggest weaknesses of this build? How much would it cost to go with this build? (I have a little bit of currency)

I built this character up from nothing so it doesnt really cost anything to get started. The end game gear costs depend on how far you want to push it. Things like a good 6 link chest and Ming's heart will cost multiple exalts each but everything else can be done for 5-10 chaos each for your endgame gear.

Biggest weakness is not being able to to no regen or blood magic maps - these a popular with a lot of other builds at the moment so it means you occasionally have to sit a map out that your group does.

That's a pretty minor thing though - I haven't found any other issues.

How long did it take you to go from starting the character to maps?

I think I was in maps by the end of the first week of Nemesis so probably about 6 days since I RIPed to Dominus on the first day haha
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
YouTube.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
Twitter.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
PoE and Strategy Gaming Content
"
Valentia wrote:
Ziggy, what is the priority like in the later levels? Many of us are at the same point and have no real idea which route to take. Specifically at the 65-75 mark.

Around that point you should be getting the Aura passives and whatever big life clusters you have yet to get. You'll want to try and get your three auras running by level 75-80. Once your auras are sorted get whatever damage you have yet to get.

Final build guide is in final editing by the way so it should be up tomorrow! Explains a lot of this sort of thing ;)
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
Hey Ziggy, I'm currently playing this build and just reached 66, starting some maps and it's fairly easy.

You mentioned to drop the Templar nodes, would you consider :
leaving the Templar life nodes / Faith and Steel / Body and Soul (20 points or so)
for Diamond Flesh / Golem's Blood / Cloth and Chain / Riddle of Steel (19 points) ?
Would add tons of Armour through Grace and good chunk of movement speed at the cost of "bit" of life.
Hello ZiggyD. I'm currently playing your build on Nemesis and a friend of mine is looking to create a new character to join me. We were trying to figure out what sort of character he could play that would compliment this character well. Any ideas?
Hey Ziggy,

Big fan - Australia REPRESENT! - Keep up the great work/guides.

Currently playing this build and got myself a dream fragment drop. Wondering if you think it will work in this build, but more importantly think it is a solid choice. Only considering it in terms of mana regen, increase to mana which is nice but not being frozen is always wonderful.

Would appreciate your thoughts, keep up the videos and the guides, brilliant to read/watch!

Peace!

Etheratic.
"
Karnage66 wrote:
Hello ZiggyD. I'm currently playing your build on Nemesis and a friend of mine is looking to create a new character to join me. We were trying to figure out what sort of character he could play that would compliment this character well. Any ideas?

Something that runs grace and or haste and benefits from your Hatred aura - another EK Scion! haha.

Basically anything with some aura synergy that is also ranged. It works incredibly well in 2 man teams with almost anything though!
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive

It's finally here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juBozFqFvio

The final video build guide is up, hopefully it answers a lot of your questions and provides some more insight into the build.

Thanks everyone for your feedback and suggestions with the build! Enjoy!
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info