ZiggyD's Etheral Knives Mana Shield Scion/Shadow Build Guide - Hardcore (Updated for 1.1)

Back with yet another question!;)

This time about quality on the gems.

I recon the primary one would be EK, but after that - is there any gems you'd 20%?

All the best, and GJ on the race videos - really enjoying them:)
"
ZiggyD wrote:
"
Ziggy.

How much mana do you have leftover after all your aura reserves?

I ask because it occurs to me that you do need an amount of excess mana unreserved mana (in proportion to your life total) to deal with great big honking hits. I do notice that you have a level 19 discipline now. (With Clarity. And Grace!)

The information is sort of important to how I'll spec or respec my build. As it may not be practical for me to implement MoM+ArcticArmor if it's just simpler for me to run Determination+Grace. (I'm running IR.)

I have about 1,000 mana unreserved after all 3 auras. Recommended minimum for mana shield is around 700 at endgame.

Thanks very much.

After a great deal of comparing my build to yours, I've decided it's probably best for me to spec out of MoM+EB and keep a lower level Arctic Armor around for additional mitigation after Determ+Grace or to switch it on situationally in place of an aura.

The Mana Shield/EB combo serves quite well as a transitory build though.

I am, however, just a little saddened that my build won't be as effective against elemental damage, owing to the lack of MoM, although I guess I can keep a few Purity auras around for that purpose.
Last edited by DeviantLightning on Nov 22, 2013, 2:19:42 PM
Heyy ziggyd!
i love yours videos and im playing your build aswell, im around 79 atm.
I bought alphas howl and i really like it, have you considered to get it, it would help for the extra mana. (mana over mind). You changed the build for more DPS and you got rid of the manaregen node in north. In stuggling to get enough manaregen now, eventho i have full ES shield which gives me 400ish es. Im not sure about this ES aura.. kind some of a help aura for manaregen, but its not even close the aura what i really want. which is either haste or hatred. Now when i got the alphas howl, i was planning to run the hatred,grace,clarity (not in the alphas howl) and determination or haste.

Couple questions: Would you consider getting the alphas howl, what u think about it?
Can you handle your manaregen without the ES aura?
When your end game video build comes?!
How important is the get the gems to Q20 or is the 6 link (first in ironwill before the empower starts kicking) prio 1?

Have you checked out the Le heup of all ring?
What you think about the unique ES shield which give % of life and spelldamage and ES?

Thx ziggyd for nice videos and tips!

IGN: Stronkcarry

Last edited by kumiduck on Nov 22, 2013, 2:48:26 PM
Possible to model a self-found character after this build?
"
eirstryder wrote:

It was Ziggy's first char on Nemesis so I'd say so. I'm doing the same. You'll have to trade for or get lucky enough to find a couple of gems, but nearly all of them you'll get from quests. The build is surprisingly non-gear-reliant so you should be able to make due with what you find, though obviously it'd do better with purchased gear as all builds would.
"
eirstryder wrote:

I think so! Although your damage will be really low until high levels and especially low without a 5L.
"
Stealthrider wrote:
Would you say the previous tree that went through Hex Master to EB is still viable/strong, or would you recommend respeccing out of it and into the new tree? I ask because I'm at 53 and went through Hex Master, and I'm wondering if I should switch now or ride it out.

Current tree is below for reference.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAP0IZxSwFSAWbxdQGNsdFCj6KaUqTSzpMZ41kjowOuE_J0GHRZ1KfUrITC1N404qVcZaUluvZp5noG6qcU108Xqqgh6Cx4Uyh3aI8Y9GmuCbXZuhplenCKiarFmsmLXytz631riTz2XQ0NsL3Q3r7vJF8pf31_no-tL8xf4K_o8

Also, I'm running on about 800 total mana atm, with Clarity reserving 200ish and Hatred reserving another 400ish leaving me with about 200 mana for MoM, EK and Arctic Armour. My mana regen is over 100/sec so I can handle EK spamming and AA's drain easily, but in some large packs I'll go OOM for a second or two (if I dont pop a flask). Would you recommend continuing to use Hatred or dropping it until my total mana pool is higher?

Drop hatred until your mana is much higher, going OOM on taking damage is pretty scary.

And yeah that tree is certainly viable and I loved the perma curse. The new one does slightly better on auras and gets more overall damage at endgame in comparison.
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
YouTube.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
Twitter.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
PoE and Strategy Gaming Content
"
kumiduck wrote:
Heyy ziggyd!
i love yours videos and im playing your build aswell, im around 79 atm.
I bought alphas howl and i really like it, have you considered to get it, it would help for the extra mana. (mana over mind). You changed the build for more DPS and you got rid of the manaregen node in north. In stuggling to get enough manaregen now, eventho i have full ES shield which gives me 400ish es. Im not sure about this ES aura.. kind some of a help aura for manaregen, but its not even close the aura what i really want. which is either haste or hatred. Now when i got the alphas howl, i was planning to run the hatred,grace,clarity (not in the alphas howl) and determination or haste.

Couple questions: Would you consider getting the alphas howl, what u think about it?
Can you handle your manaregen without the ES aura?
When your end game video build comes?!
How important is the get the gems to Q20 or is the 6 link (first in ironwill before the empower starts kicking) prio 1?

Have you checked out the Le heup of all ring?
What you think about the unique ES shield which give % of life and spelldamage and ES?

Thx ziggyd for nice videos and tips!

IGN: Stronkcarry

1st Priority should be 6link over quality gems, the gains are much higher.

Alphas howl is a good option but I can run everything I want fine without it and I dont think using it will be enough to push me over into being able to run a 4th aura (maybe once my other gear is insane it will be). It's also much harder to get the color sockets we need with an evasion helm in the mix.

In terms of unique rings I plan on getting a Ming's heart, it will be super powerful with this build.
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
I'm still kind of new and I plan on rerolling a character using this build (First character lvl42 split arrow duelist)

What would be the biggest weaknesses of this build? How much would it cost to go with this build? (I have a little bit of currency)
"
eirstryder wrote:
I'm still kind of new and I plan on rerolling a character using this build (First character lvl42 split arrow duelist)

What would be the biggest weaknesses of this build? How much would it cost to go with this build? (I have a little bit of currency)

I built this character up from nothing so it doesnt really cost anything to get started. The end game gear costs depend on how far you want to push it. Things like a good 6 link chest and Ming's heart will cost multiple exalts each but everything else can be done for 5-10 chaos each for your endgame gear.

Biggest weakness is not being able to to no regen or blood magic maps - these a popular with a lot of other builds at the moment so it means you occasionally have to sit a map out that your group does.

That's a pretty minor thing though - I haven't found any other issues.
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info