ZiggyD's Etheral Knives Mana Shield Scion/Shadow Build Guide - Hardcore (Updated for 1.1)

"
bum_hunter wrote:
hey guys i am level 83 shadow in standard softcore. i do 13k ek damage 3k life with 6aura and 600 mana remainding. plus i have 188 iir with 58 iiq

How are you running 6 Auras? Care to share your build? Also, I don't see as much IIQ as you listed considering the gear you gave.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Apr 13, 2014, 10:25:28 AM
Nice. 13k dps is really good, especially considering that you don't take any additional spell damage or cast speed nodes!
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
wow
Last edited by shrioeika on Apr 13, 2014, 8:49:49 PM
Hey! I'm just trying this build (currently level 37) and I just thought that it might be useful to know that while leveling Fire Trap, Rejuvenation Totem and possible Vaal Lightning Warp and Storm call are incredibly useful. Especially while facing invasion bosses. Detonate Dead is also REALLY useful against any that use Devour. And a thing I noticed is that you shouldn't get Eldritch Battery until you either have decent ES gear or have Mind Over Matter. Just a few thoughts. Hope it's helped!

Oh, and I'd like to try to use Physical Projectile Attack Damage as my fourth link. Mainly because I don't do enough damage to make Life Leech really useful and not enough mana to support it when I have Hatred running. Though I look forward to testing this in the future. (I'd probably use it instead of Empower or Iron Will because I simply can't buy an Empower).

Edit: I also think running Haste once you have all of the Aura nodes would be VERY beneficial if you can run it. I'm not sure how much mana you'd have left running it though.

Edit: I WOULD run Physical Projectile Attack Damage if it worked with Etheral Knives. Apparently it does not despite fulfilling all requirements.
Last edited by Iusia on Apr 14, 2014, 7:04:29 AM
"
Iusia wrote:
Edit: I WOULD run Physical Projectile Attack Damage if it worked with Etheral Knives. Apparently it does not despite fulfilling all requirements.

The reason this doesn't work is because EK does not deal Attack damage but Spell damage.
currently lvl 84 on ambush, this build rocks! thanks ZiggyD for the build!

as for my current gear
Spoiler

been able running 4 auras with grace, hatred, clarity and HASTE with no discipline. i was using discipline before with no haste but after i read that cavantese was able to run 4 auras without discipline, i thought back there i might give this a shot. i bought the rainbowstride (i already have plan to buy rainbowstride) and those amulet to compensate the mana regen. it works! thanks for you cavantese!

got 7619,6 dmg on my EK without 6L, still levels my empower and iron will on the secondary while im tyring to get my 6L later. with the aurseize and that gold ring, i have 3081 life and 2537 mana, 717 unreserved. with legion gloves and ruby ring, i have 3264 life and 2766 mana, 795 unreserved. still need more decent gear (my rings sucks), but i already feel tanky and satisfied enough with this. my tree is exactly the same with what ZiggyD posted. but i sacrifice 2 8% max life nodes to get 8% increased aura effect in sovereignty circle.
Last edited by kingjojon on Apr 14, 2014, 11:05:35 AM
Hey, i just wanted to know if there is an easy way to get EK, im am relativly new to this game, and really want to scale EK early. Ive gone through about 20 levels with this build and have not found the gem with any of my higher leveled characters either.
"
SecretSouls69 wrote:
Hey, i just wanted to know if there is an easy way to get EK, im am relativly new to this game, and really want to scale EK early. Ive gone through about 20 levels with this build and have not found the gem with any of my higher leveled characters either.

The earliest you can get is as a Witch or Shadow in the quest Breaking Some Eggs, reward is given by Tarkleigh after you've found the glyphs and put them into the wall.

Refer to the link above for information on Quest Rewards.

I hope it helps.
Why is it now not optimal to run Discipline? Is this to make up for the fact that you may not have the funds to get enough Mana Regen on your gear? And if you do, Haste is better overall for damage?
"Im just Path of Exile-ing my way through college." -Me

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info