ZiggyD's Etheral Knives Mana Shield Scion/Shadow Build Guide - Hardcore (Updated for 1.1)

"
Hm Haste huh. My impression was that Discipline was necessary cause it enables you to run one more aura. I'm not quite sure how a Haste Grace Clarity Hatred setup would be like. Part of me thinks it's not possible.

It's definitely possible with certain gear (I can do it with Alpha's Howl and Cloak of Defiance). I'm not sure if Clarity or Discipline is ultimately better since mine aren't at level 20 yet to compare.

"
I'ma work on better gear. I assume Dream Fragments doesn't really trade for a lot in Ambush?

It looks like they're going for 1-2 Exalted. Alpha's Howl is 5 to 8. Yikes. Probably boosted thanks to Atziri kills with Mathil's Elemental Buzzsaw build.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
By the way Tempada mate you were completely correct about Dream Fragments. Once I took it off I realized it gave me like 50 mana lol.
Discipline is such a waste. You wont get more mana from it, only regen.

I'm lvl 84 now with lvl 18 gems and got 306.5 mana regen without discipline. Been running haste all along and it gives huge dps increase + the movement speed is nice.

EK doing 9318 dps (no Ming's Heart) which is pretty solid for lvl 18 gem.
Cool stuff.

So I guess the optimal aura set up would be Clarity Hatred Haste Grace?

How much +mana and energy shield would one need to run this though?
Someone PM'd me asking to link my gear so I'll link here instead if others want to see.

Spoiler

Also specced into Inner Force and all aura effect nodes including those 2x 8% in Sovereignty circle.
Last edited by cavantese on Apr 8, 2014, 10:34:47 AM
"
cavantese wrote:
Also specced into Inner Force and all aura effect nodes including those 2x 8% in Sovereignty circle.

How much mana does Arctic Armour consume when moving with Inner Force? I have AA in a "+1 to level of cold gems" item and, without Discipline, I feel like it might be tough to run it at lvl 21. I have some sweet items and my tree grabs more mana and regen then Ziggy's, but my regen is only around 270 right now (mostly lvl 18 gems). I usually have no problem running Haste instead of Discipline, although things can get hairy in tougher maps.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Apr 9, 2014, 6:44:21 AM
"
Tempada wrote:
How much mana does Arctic Armour consume when moving with Inner Force?

Can't say for certain as the tooltip doesn't update but isn't the formula just mana drain * increased buff effect multiplier so:

lvl 18: (35.3 + 176.4) * 1.24 = 262.5 mana/s
lvl 20: (38.3 + 191.4) * 1.24 = 284.8 mana/s
lvl 21: (39.9 + 199.3) * 1.24 = 296.6 mana/s

I'm not even convinced it's worthwhile to max out AA as it still won't make much of an impact against heavy hits, where as a lvl 18 gem is enough to give me immunity against small fast hits like the voidbearer boss in Cells map.
What do you, gentlemen, think about taking power syphon for boss lasthitting purpose? It has built in culling strike, and we use wand anyway, so one less socket to worry about.
Last edited by Stas88 on Apr 10, 2014, 4:22:46 PM
"
Stas88 wrote:
What do you, gentlemen, think about taking power syphon for boss lasthitting purpose? It has built in culling strike, and we use wand anyway, so one less socket to worry about.

Bear Trap / Culling / IIR does fine.
hey guys i am level 83 shadow in standard softcore. i do 13k ek damage 3k life with 6aura and 600 mana remainding. plus i have 188 iir with 58 iiq
Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info