Trying to make build around Pillar of the caged god

Hello,

I´am trying to make build around Unique staff Pillar of te caged god. So items I want to use are:

and I will also try to get Abyssus and Deshret´s Vise for the start.

My planed build for lvl 80 is:

I like to hear some opinions to my build or any ideas, which could make my planed character and build better.
Last edited by Jajin on Nov 15, 2013, 7:57:58 AM
Hi, I made some maths, correct me if I'm wrong.

500strength/10=50

1.16^50=1670% (str bonus)

16.7 x (20-33)= 334-551 base damage without strength base bonus

Just for our information: Marohi erqui's base damage is (357-553) at best!

But marohi is slow (0.85)

Let's say that we'll hit something for 10s just to see the damage.

Marohi Erqi: 0.85*10= 8.5 hits= 3034.5-4700.5

(now assuming that we have 100 dex which is easy to get)

Pillar: 1.25*1.1*10=13.75 hits= 4592.2-7576.25

I have nothing more to say, this item is op as f**k, cheapest marohi ever! Just tell me if we can get a 6L on that staff hahaha I don't think so
Like this?

Check this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/561069

TL;DR: Pillar DPS sucks.
So, my current gear:

lvl 48
my current build
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBmSu9gavFR35lTYTZbmm-p9JNwA_V7WqTtkFDMRvIXhOE73Tteu9gSwUtQKCeuWEhGlVkozboWK94DalutfJuqkrIAeenMPe-ns3SIVcN2WEZLiftrKpyqXzZWfPAGmae-tI26eNqkFXUj7nd7w7yLw==

Sweep combo already have 3,4k DPS without aura (with aura its 4,4k) and I have 1,7k HP and all res capped.
I´am really curious to see how will this build work in mercilles difficulty.

Last edited by Jajin on Nov 28, 2013, 8:08:26 AM
So, my build is getting closer to my vision.

Curently I´am here:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAecFLRQgFE0XLxkuGlUbyCSLJ-0xnjWSNug26T0PQKBDMUZpR35KyE3jTipQR1XWVw1Yr1nzXhNgS2EhZKNk52VNZp5qk25pbqpyqXTteA1673y7fNmApILkgziE2YTviq-QEZBVmSueuZ7NogCmV6cwqWipbqvFrKq18rZBud29gb6nwA_AGsQVxPbFitIh0k3Uj9Xt2WHjau8O73zwH_Iv8933vvrS_o8=

I switched main skill from Sweep to Leap slam.

My current gear is :

With Hatred I have 7,5k DPS on Leap slam.
Also I have 3,1k HP, 77 fire res, 77 cold res, 60 lightning res, 1,5k armor and 2k evasion.

I´am little bit dissapointed about Leap slam + multistrike, because it makes some terrible desyncs and also 2nd and 3rd jump are targeting random enemies, so sometimes I´am jumping around like gummy bear on speed.

Still trying to find Abyssus to increase DPS and right ring or amulet so I can get rid of Mana leech gem.

I will still welcome you opinions and critiques for my buil and my gear.

I highly recommend this type of amulet for this build. Of course, if you cannot afford one, then get an amulet with added phy dmg and life like how you would do it for FB.

While I am playing this build as a Marauder, you can make similar setups in the passive tree. Here are the current gears I am wearing that made the Pillar a huge success. I am just 2 STR shy of 700. I got 8.6k DPS from Glacial Hammer, and about 4.5k DPS from Ground Slam.

Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Dec 2, 2013, 9:53:09 AM
Thanks for the reply.

I will definitely try to get Astramentis to see what it will do.

Do you have any advice to manage mana without Blood magic? I want to run Hatred and Purity of elements on reduced mana gem and reduced mana from the tree. But without mana leech gem I´am not able to sustain my mana.
Last edited by Jajin on Dec 2, 2013, 9:59:56 AM
I found a pillar the other day as well and thought, "Now isn't this interesting. Maybe I can do something with this since I'm already geared for physical damage."

I wielded the pillar and my dps dropped by half. I wasn't too impressed, but then my build isn't optimized for the pillar so maybe that was it?

As it turns out, I was fairly heavily invested in STR (I have about 343STR from the passive tree). I messed around with the tree and found that if I took all STR nodes I could probably go up to 600-700, but effectively have nothing else. A more reasonable figure to expect would be around 500ish STR (from passives) for a pillar build.

That extra 100-200STR is not going to make up the dps difference. On top of losing all that dps, I also lost a lot of armor, block, life, and resists from not being able to wield my shield. A proper pillar build will have much more STR which should compensate for the HP drop, but losing the other defenses will hurt.

Not trying to discourage you, but I think the balance of this item isn't perfect yet and you have your work cut out for you. I think you will need to incorporate critical chance/multipliers into your offense in addition to STR because I don't see dps reaching reasonable levels otherwise. I do not have a solution for you, but I suspect Resolute Technique may not appropriate for pillar. Good luck.
Toupy - Lv93 Facebreaker Cyclone Duelist
Last edited by Myrthr on Dec 4, 2013, 12:51:06 PM
"
Myrthr wrote:
but I suspect Resolute Technique may not appropriate for pillar. Good luck.

RT is fine, and trying to go into crit build with this pillar is not worth. You still have to make up more the loss of DPS from accuracy loss. You mostly want to invest in STR, and to some extent DEX. Also, once you reach at least 600+ STR you will end up doing better than 1000% FB. Once you reach that point, you will need flat physical damage to skyrocket your DPS just like FB.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Thanks to all for opinions.
I got a little but further with my build.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAdwB5wUtFCAUTRcvGS4aVSSLJScn7SkuMZ4yCTWSNug26T0PQKBGaUd-SshN41BHVdZXDVivWfNdSWBLYSFko2TnZU1mnmebbEZuaW6qcmxyqXTteA1673y7fNmApILkgziE2YTviq-QEZBVmSueuZ7Nn6OiAKZXpzCnn6loqW6rxaxZrKq18rndvYG-ir6nwBrEFcT2xYrG2NIh1I_ZYeNq7w7vfPAf8i_z3fe--tL-jw==

My current gear is:

I run Hatred, Purity of elements and Grace.

I got to 700 strenght, 3,9k HP, 3k armor, 4,5k evasion, 12% block and with all of this I have 13,5k DPS with Leap slam and 13k with Infernal blow. So I think this build is succesfull.
Now I will try to find rings with better stats, maybe gloves and boots, so I can get a little bit more from this build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info