[Strongest Solo Variation: Projectile Madness Spectres] LMP/GMP Ice Spear 2x Totem 2x Curse 3x Traps

On Day 3 with this build, hit 60 yesterday, 65 so far today, it's hilarious how everything past Normal is so easy. I'm clearing maps in half the time it takes my marauder and much more safely than my pure FP crit witch. I think I've had one death since level 31, and I'm still under 5k ES currently. 50% reduced regen/regain speed is the only map mod I'm hating, and it mostly just makes things take much longer rather than making them actually more risky.
Last edited by thisbutironically on Jan 7, 2013, 5:35:27 PM
I'm trying this build like I said before, but I'm missing a lot of skill gems and I'm lvl 56 already and finished the whole game. I cannot find this gems: Chain, Elemental Proliferation, Reduced Mana, Elemental Weakness, Greater Multiple Projectiles, Ice Spear, Temporal Chains

I have a lot other gems and I'm willing to trade or please ask me what you want for some of them - I have a trade thread here with some of my skill gems I have many others: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/65299

Last edited by NikoFrozen on Jan 7, 2013, 9:00:34 PM
I'm using LMP and just now had Chain drop in a map, you really don't need GMP and Chain (which sell for 2-3 GCP apiece) for this build to rock.
"
Unimatrix wrote:
"
rotan wrote:
"
Unimatrix wrote:

On a different note: I was wondering why no one skills the increased freeze duration for cold builds. Wouldn't it be beneficial? Given that for some mobs you won't deal enough dmg to stun-lock them completely, adding another second or something sounds like a good idea. Just wondering.

Because spears are cast so often and crit so often most mobs end up frozen until death.

Yeah I get that, but I still had the occasional occurrence, that mobs were frozen like only 50% of the time (we're talking about split seconds. Mobs could still stutter-step so to speak). Especially against quite resistant champions, those 30% increased duration nodes could make it even safer - it's probably not all that needed, though.

that is why you have projectile weakness curse that knocksback everything two steps the instant they get one step closer to you.

in regards to the mass rhoa and flickers, (especially flickers) if you see a pack just plant the totems to make them flick and constantly replant everytime totems get to low health. Rhoas should be frozen before they can even touch the totems unless they come from all directions. but either way they should not come at you.

you are not that weak that you get one or two shotted by these above monsters. but bear in mind that no class/build is foolish enough to charge into the aforementioned packs and expect to live.

if you do get caught in a situation where an entire pack of flickers are aggroed to you and you have no totems planted beforehand (shouldnt be doing that), your only chance to live is not to run away, but throw down your totems and curses ASAP and spam the sht out of Arc so you can DPS them down before they can kill you. saved me a few times doing this when running from flickers is impossible.
IGN: hyperculler (torment)
Last edited by hypershatter on Jan 7, 2013, 10:48:44 PM
Hm, I admit I forgot about projectile weakness. That could indeed solve this rare issue.

Thanks for pointing it out again.
OP, what do you think about a spell totem + ice spear + elemental proliferation + lesser multiple projectiles + chain + faster casting on a chest ?!?!

you combine that with two totems = ?!?
"
crashbashl wrote:
OP, what do you think about a spell totem + ice spear + elemental proliferation + lesser multiple projectiles + chain + faster casting on a chest ?!?!

I think a 6L should be something you aspire to in OB, not plan for - not for a while at least. Also, where does the second 6L come from if you're using two totems (are you using a staff)?

Petrov.
Incidentally, I've started toying with double curse myself and I think I really like it. It's "only" an 8 skill point investment (plus you get hex master) if you're already maximising lightning proc nodes on the passive tree.

I'm still on the fence about double totems. The fact that they're relatively slow to cast means that, while safe, if you're end-game geared they will ultimately slow you down on map clearing, etc.

My own build is a spark witch, maximising shock proc chance and spell crit, with dual curses and inner force. For the build I'm using the totem is a way of slowing down enemies (with ice spear or FP) and spark is the main source of DPS.

Petrov.

"
mrpetrov wrote:
"
crashbashl wrote:

I think a 6L should be something you aspire to in OB, not plan for - not for a while at least. Also, where does the second 6L come from if you're using two totems (are you using a staff)?

Petrov.

well the build on this "Ice Spear Double Totem Double Curse" is all about double totems right?!
You didnt understand me.
1 chest..6 slots, the gems i named before, AND two totems.
6 slots only on chest.
"
crashbashl wrote:
"
mrpetrov wrote:
"
crashbashl wrote:

Petrov.

well the build on this "Ice Spear Double Totem Double Curse" is all about double totems right?!
You didnt understand me.
1 chest..6 slots, the gems i named before, AND two totems.
6 slots only on chest.

Yeah, sorry, you're right - I didn't quite understand you.
Petrov.
EDIT: fixed.
Last edited by mrpetrov on Jan 9, 2013, 1:03:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info